Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

d31b0y wrote: »
    I spoke to the reps about the 20GB download limit (some games are upward of 60GB). THey told me that they don't charge people out of bundle unless you are really abusing the limit. They do throttle your connection when you go over 20GB, not sure by how much but I could live with a little throttling.

The throttling is pretty significant, its been covered before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

ED E wrote: »
    The throttling is pretty significant, its been covered before.

Yep down to 1 meg download seemingly but you get 1 day a week where you get a free pass on this I think, i.e. 1 day a week you can download 100GB without throttling. I open to correction on this.

Regards

Think that 1 day was debunked. There was meant to be a 1AM to 7AM free zone but they reneged on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think that 1 day was debunked. There was meant to be a 1AM to 7AM free zone but they reneged on that.

Are you saying that the one day over 20GB is gone is gone now as well ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hmm, that sucks. It's a bad time to reset too. If I was downloading a game, I'd do it over night but with the reset at midnight, it would eat my allowance for the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Has anyone managed to negotiate a discount with them? Eg 50 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hmm, that sucks. It's a bad time to reset too. If I was downloading a game, I'd do it over night but with the reset at midnight, it would eat my allowance for the next day.

Could you not do something else for that day? It's only 1 day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,732 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The imagine guys have been at my dad's house since 9 am, does it normally take that long to install the LTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I can confirm the above, had one experience where my requirements for a game update ran past the 20gb and throttling was enforced immediately and locked down to 1.4-2 mb

They informed me that you are allowed 20gb in any 24 hour period and I asked it this was midnight to midnight and they said that it was any 24 hour period but it 'usually' resets at midnight?

My speeds have been atrocious over the past three weeks and I am not using any where near my allowance but evening time is usually 3-10 mb where it was 30-50 during the same period for the first month or so.

obviously the contention ration is maxed with over subscribed masts. Although they say that it isnt.

whelan2 wrote: »
    The imagine guys have been at my dad's house since 9 am, does it normally take that long to install the LTE?

Ah it would sometimes yeah
    First they need to get a part of the gable or roof which has a minimum 30mb download and record that
    Otherwise under the t&c's of the national scheme they're not allowed to install

Then there's cabling which could be through the attic etc

Let us know how he got on,he won't be speed throttled by downloading 60 gig games I presume :D

• Advertisement

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Ah it would sometimes yeah
    First they need to get a part of the gable or roof which has a minimum 30mb download and record that
    Otherwise under the t&c's of the national scheme they're not allowed to install

Let us know how he got on,he won't be speed throttled by downloading 60 gig games I presume :D

Which they aren't part of. They got the boot because its nowhere near up to the job of the NBP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

ArKl0w wrote: »

Guys here to install now, just told me they aren't allowed into the attic, so will be drilling a hole :\

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Guys here to install now, just told me they aren't allowed into the attic, so will be drilling a hole :\
    :eek:

Which they aren't part of. They got the boot because its nowhere near up to the job of the NBP.

:eek: They told me they were and won't install unless greater than 30mb down

They've just over 300 signed up to my mast,it's on a hill about 900ft asl
    I can see my house from its location but have to get outside the tree line to see their mast from here

I'm hoping the signal comes down from on high too like a dome if you get me?

I've gods 4G from a three mast in Arklow that has a hill in the way albeit the mast is only 2km's

Google tells me imagine's mast is 6.6km's away

The 30Mb limit is from before they got the boot. Now we're seeing massive slowdown. One might conclude that Imagine have seen that they wont get any state funding and thus have decided to sell sell sell and screw the end user.

If you havent read the thread its worth brewing a pot and going through it. The LTE product may not exist in a years time, they're yet to secure a long term licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The 30Mb limit is from before they got the boot. Now we're seeing massive slowdown. One might conclude that Imagine have seen that they wont get any state funding and thus have decided to sell sell sell and screw the end user..

They're still insisting in the 30 Mb download before they'll install though. Having said that they don't install during peak usage times so it's easy to enough to hit the speed I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

If they had to install after 6pm they would not be able to sign anyone up no matter how good the signal is. The contention is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Indeed. In the last few days my peak speeds are in single figures. Never ever had that before, not even close :(. Lets see how fast they react to a mail to support ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

€150 installation charge is awful expensive. A real turn off going with them. Currently on metro broadband with Digiweb past ten years but I'm also get free landline and mobile calls included in that package with Digiweb. It does the job but only getting around 14/16 MB speed and under 1MB upload so I was attracted to Imagine lte but I'd be jumping from €39.95 to €60 per month which is an extra €20 per month but the €150 installations charge has turned me right off.

Do you get free landline calls included with Imagine LTE?

Yes, unlimited no. of national calls up to 60 minutes (just redial if lasting longer).
    Unfortunately setup fees are part and parcel of fixed wireless setups (used to be with Ripplecom, they also have a setup fee)

The 30Mb limit is from before they got the boot. Now we're seeing massive slowdown. One might conclude that Imagine have seen that they wont get any state funding and thus have decided to sell sell sell and screw the end user.

If you havent read the thread its worth brewing a pot and going through it. The LTE product may not exist in a years time, they're yet to secure a long term licence.

Id agree with your post as thats my understanding and experience on it.

Wouldnt it be fair to say that by not being able to satisfy the claims of their product, they would be putting themselves into a position where the customer has legitimate grounds to breach their contract due to Imagine not being able to satisfy theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

morgana wrote: »
    Indeed. In the last few days my peak speeds are in single figures. Never ever had that before, not even close :(. Lets see how fast they react to a mail to support ...

Seeing the same. Mailed them yesterday and today but received no reply. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

would you guys recommend anyone who has signed up to back out as the 400 users per mast is a myth?

morgana wrote: »

My experience is exactly the same, they are below 10 mb all the time now.

As for emailing customer support, its impossible to get a response, you will struggle to even get one on the phone and if you do, it will be after a very lengthy wait

Mast: Woodcock Hill, Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 25 debarra156

amadablam wrote: »
    My experience is exactly the same, they are below 10 mb all the time now.

As for emailing customer support, its impossible to get a response, you will struggle to even get one on the phone and if you do, it will be after a very lengthy wait
    Seems to be a growing problem. While I have only been set up in the last 3 weeks, the deterioration is service over the past 10 days is very noticeable. Calling Tech Support is a waste of time. They read from a script and can deal with only the most very basic of calls. The quickest response I got was following a post to their Facebook page. They promised to refer me to Secondline Support on Tuesday- but no one has contacted me since. It may be however that contacting them publicly on Social Media may provoke a reaction if enough people do it - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm still better than I was with my previous wireless provider but the gap is narrowing rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Can people say what mast they're on so we can see if it's localised?

Bweeng Co. Cork - second mast they rolled out initially

Also those drops are not gradually as you would expect with a mast filling up but rather sudden from one day to the next.
    I had a similar drop in my max speeds from mid 70 to mid 60 and never exceeding 69., They have practically admitted that was by design.
    So now i suspect its something similar.
    They have gone from brilliant with excellent CS to .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

My friend, an actual genuine friend not a made up one, was so pissed off by their lies about the midnight unmetered period vanishing, and the contention he experienced, that he took to Social Media and started commenting on what his experience had been. Imagine then phoned him and in a very veiled way suggested if he wasn't happy they would refund him all the money he had paid. When he said he would stay despite being angry at being lied to repeatedly, they said if he is happy to stay he should stop sounding so unhappy on their facebook page. He then said he was not happy, but it was the best of a bad choice so he would stay, but that he is free to post whatever he wanted. They then implied that if he continued posting such unhappy comments he would no longer have the service.

He played the recording of the call back to me, they didn't come right out and say it so boldly, but the threat was very clear. I was shocked, but also pissing myself laughing at the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 debarra156

long_b wrote: »
    Old Kilcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

long_b wrote: »

Mount Oriel in Louth. Since the install I haven't had one speedtest above 30 apart from the tests I did this morning before leaving for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I'm not going back multi-quoting the recent posts about this (too many).

There was this revelation a few months back about a 50GB a week boost, which AFAIR was subsequently tested and found that no throttling applied. I think there was going to be a follow up test a week later, but I don't remember if we got the result of that one (and I'm too lazy to search a second time :P).

However it's completely fcuking ridiculous that they have usage limits without a means for people to see WTF they are using!!! :mad:

Not an Imagine customer ... but feel for you poor folks suffering on 4 to 5 times the speeds I get at peak hours. :rolleyes::p

Advertisement