Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

amadablam wrote: »
    Id agree with your post as thats my understanding and experience on it.

Wouldnt it be fair to say that by not being able to satisfy the claims of their product, they would be putting themselves into a position where the customer has legitimate grounds to breach their contract due to Imagine not being able to satisfy theirs?

It might have changed but a few were querying it here before. Nowhere does it say minimum 30mb all the time, it only says 30mb at time of installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Wing126 wrote: »
    Mount Oriel in Louth. Since the install I haven't had one speedtest above 30 apart from the tests I did this morning before leaving for work.

What is your average in the evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Speeds are back to normal tonight 50ish at peak time. :P OOps spoke too soon ... about 6 Mbps at 22.50 - doesn't rally make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mystery666

Has anyone in the Navan area got an installation yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Am on the Ballina mast, Mayo.

Unlikely to be one of the busier masts but like others I have noticed the reduced evening speeds. 88-94 up during the day but that drops to 7 - 10meg in the late evenings. Last night for the first time uploads speeds were better than downloads. At 1034 pm I had 7.24 down but 7.44 up!

Although the live chat reporting is useless, and the tech staff sound like they are reading from a script, "cannot be contention" is the mantra, it is still a million miles better than Eircom's awful service.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

ArKl0w wrote: »
    What is your average in the evening?

About 8ish with Imagine. 1-2 with eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Wing126 wrote: »
    About 8ish with Imagine. 1-2 with eir.

Both of which are diabolical! I don't see the point in comparing to eircom who at the moment are on legacy technology but soon will be up to 1,000mb/s in various areas but may take time. Once they do imagine will be dead and buried.

We bought a service that promised max 400 per mast and 30 mb. now they have lost the nbp to properly run companies we are all suffering from contention from their greed of over subscribing masts. The line of "no contention on our service" is being disproven yet they continue to try and insist that this is the case. It's farcical at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

If I was an Imagine customer experiencing slowdown I would definitely track my speeds in a spreadsheet.
    Over time there will be a clear pattern and their no contention BS would have to stop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sounds like things have really deteriorated over the past 2 weeks for most if not all customers. Between the changing of the cap over to a 24 hour period and stuffing everyone onto the masts reducing the speeds similar to their old wireless service. The quality started to suffer almost immediately after Imagine lost the NBP race and the over subscribed service is really starting to kick in now. Everyone who has Imagines service should be emailing, phoning, complaining, sending screenshots. This is not good enough considering the price of the service and the small data allowance.

Gonzo wrote: »
    the small data allowance.

600gb a month isn't small
    I agree on the rest though,hopefully it's just a backhaul problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

irishchris wrote: »
    Both of which are diabolical! I don't see the point in comparing to eircom who at the moment are on legacy technology but soon will be up to 1,000mb/s in various areas but may take time. Once they do imagine will be dead and buried.

We bought a service that promised max 400 per mast and 30 mb. now they have lost the nbp to properly run companies we are all suffering from contention from their greed of over subscribing masts. The line of "no contention on our service" is being disproven yet they continue to try and insist that this is the case. It's farcical at this stage

Yes. I've started logging my speedtests on ookla and I've already sent an email to their tech support. I will also send a complaint when I get home from holidays.

I've been logging my speeds ever since I got installed and the pattern is pretty clear.
    Speed Test History
    It has gone from brilliant with speeds over 70 off-peak and 50 to 60 peak in a very clear jump to capped at 70 max (beginning of August) but other than that very OK overall to sudden very significant drop of peak speeds about 5 days ago to below 10!

My mail to support on Thursday has gone unanswered so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Mystery666 wrote: »
    Has anyone in the Navan area got an installation yet?

Yes.. about 2 weeks ago ( I subscribed mid -July) . So far no real complaints other than there is a bit of variation in speed. I will though start tracking speeds systematically. Either way a lot faster than what I could get with Eircom and a much higher cap than I had with Meteor or VF. Works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm currently with 3
    Didn't work at all for the last 3 hours
    I'll take a drop to 10mb or so at peak hours if they ever come to install :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Waffleon

Same scenario here with poor speeds. I can't say I've noticed poor speeds until this evening though. I lost my connection today... usually happens around once a week... plugging out the router and back in again seems to resolve. Tech support gave some waffle about reseating cables and get back to them. I'll call them tomorrow morning. But the speeds this evening were shocking...first time I've seen it below 10 meg. It seems there are issues with this service somewhere...it doesnt seem tied to one mast either as I am on mylane mast.... disappointing...😖😖

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Waffleon wrote: »
    Same scenario here with poor speeds. I can't say I've noticed poor speeds until this evening though. I lost my connection today... usually happens around once a week... plugging out the router and back in again seems to resolve. Tech support gave some waffle about reseating cables and get back to them. I'll call them tomorrow morning. But the speeds this evening were shocking...first time I've seen it below 10 meg. It seems there are issues with this service somewhere...it doesnt seem tied to one mast either as I am on mylane mast.... disappointing...😖😖

The recent round of complaints regarding overall speed issues is very worrying. I signed up for the Capard site in Laois in August when 'most' comments on this thread were generally positive. The site is due to go live this week, and now from the looks of it there are a significant amount of people spread right across the network who are complaining of degradation. My feeling originally was that Imagine's claims sounded too good to be true at the time - Looks like that might actually be the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

My installation failed last week and I'm starting to think I dodged a bullet. At the same time, even the low speeds are higher than what I usually get so maybe I'm just trying to look on the bright side!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Athlone supposed to be going live today has anyone heard anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

contacted them by web chat today gave my neighbors eir code and they told me the athlone site was too far away...... yet when i signed up last august they said i was within the coverage area.....

He told me the athlone site was going live this week .... they keep moving the date so i wouldnt hold my breath.... they have their signs up for the last 3 months now "now live in your area".... bit of a joke.......

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

I'm in Ballinakill in Laois and have ordered this service.

Got a text on the 29/09/16 saying the following "Hi, just a quick update on your LTE high speed broadband service. Your site has had an extended delay due to bringing fibre to the mast. LTE engineers are completing the final checks and your LTE high site is due to go live next Monday 10th October. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks."

Got a call this morning from their scheduling team saying they are calling out between 1pm and 5pm tomorrow to install. I'm not sure where the mast is but if it's capard that's over 30kms away from me.

I'm with Aptus at the moment and it's reliable however it's only 5mb connection. I'm willing to take the slower speeds as it will probably be quicker than my what I have at the moment.

Is there a period where I can cancel the service if I'm not pleased with It?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Is there a period where I can cancel the service if I'm not pleased with It?

Yep. 14 days from installation.

Their CS says it's 14 days from ordering, but that's horse manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

morgana wrote: »

My mail to support on Thursday has gone unanswered so far.

Any update on this? Or has anyone seen or found a fix for low speeds at peak time?

AH2016 wrote: »
    Any update on this? Or has anyone seen or found a fix for low speeds at peak time?

Nope.
    TBH, it doesn't affect me much as we usually game or Netflix at that time, and haven noticed any problems there. But it is annoying when i want to start a longer download from around 10pm - 12am - which seems to be the window with the lowest speeds for me - to get most of it done in that day's cap.

Regardless, it is a serious deterioration of service - both in speeds and customer service. Their CS used to be excellent with very fast response times and knowledgeable agents. No so any more apparently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

morgana wrote: »
    Nope.
    TBH, it doesn't affect me much as we usually game or Netflix at that time, and haven noticed any problems there. But it is annoying when i want to start a longer download from around 10pm - 12am - which seems to be the window with the lowest speeds for me - to get most of it done in that day's cap.

Just to let you know, I contacted them by e-mail a couple of weeks ago. Had a response within a few (business) hours - I sent the e-mail Friday afternoon at 4ish and had a reply Monday morning. However I didn't actually get it for another couple of days as the e-mail was in my spam! So check your spam folder/filter software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

just got this txt now... in relation to the athlone site

Hi, great news your LTE High Site is now live. We will be contacting you within the next 10 working days to arrange the installation of your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Thanks - Imagine LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Got this installed about 3 weeks ago. 1.5km from the mast and have clear line of sight. First couple of weeks it was great 50-70 mbps during the day and lowest was 22 mbps in the evening. For the last week or so it's rarely above 8 mbps when I get home from work at 6pm. Emailed them last week and they said they changed some settings on the router and there was also a text today saying they fixed a fault in the area but if anything its slower again. I asked my neighbour and he is having worse speeds than me now. They probably got greedy and oversubscribed the mast. Similar story to Wimax it seems.

Classic symptom of over subscription , 3 upgraded us to 4g and you can hardly get 10 Mbs at peak times and it can go over 20 off peak and the upload 35 mbs. I expected a hell of a lot more from 4G, some areas it's really good I guess the lack of masts in the sticks doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Zico-PES wrote: »
    Got this installed about 3 weeks ago. 1.5km from the mast and have clear line of sight. First couple of weeks it was great 50-70 mbps during the day and lowest was 22 mbps in the evening. For the last week or so it's rarely above 8 mbps when I get home from work at 6pm. Emailed them last week and they said they changed some settings on the router and there was also a text today saying they fixed a fault in the area but if anything its slower again. I asked my neighbour and he is having worse speeds than me now. They probably got greedy and oversubscribed the mast. Similar story to Wimax it seems.

Which mast please?

Is the 20 gigs a day a download allowance or does it include uploads?
    So if you do 10 up and 10 down the same day you're throttled?

• Advertisement

The 20 gig allowance is for all traffic, i.e. upload and download

Advertisement