Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

km79 wrote: »
    What part of galway ? I'm in east Galway bear Loughrea
    Paid 100 euro at start of September
    Was told installation would be now !

I'm near kilconnell, think it's the cappataggle mast. Supposed to be live next week......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

emm80 wrote: »
    I'm near kilconnell, think it's the cappataggle mast. Supposed to be live next week......

Where did you hear that ?
    That's the mast mentioned alright .......and I'm off next week so would be ideal if they needed to call to install

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ArKl0w wrote: »
    2 sites on the Wicklow Wexford border have gone live,I never Knew about the 2nd one until I saw it on their website today
    I've LoS to both but the 2nd one is twice the distance
    I rang them today and they said no installs yet
    They need to employ more people tbh

Oh and boy are they getting grief on their facebook page
    Delivering broadband is a thankless task
    There's bound to be people not getting what they want from this but probably like the talk to boards here on boards.ie,those pages are focal points for complaints
    Let's face it nobody goes on to those places to say they've a good service
    Those people stay quiet,they've no reason/need to shout
    Hopefully that's the majority,I guess I'll find out soon enough?

It's a bit like Tripadvisor, if a restaurant continually provides sub standard food, value and service, it's gonna get blasted on Tripadvisor.

Imagine are in a tough position because they are doing everything they can to claim via their website that they offer 'the true fiber experience', when in reality the technology they use clearly is not up to the task, I don't think there is a fix to the problems except have much less customers on each mast. At the end of the day they are providing a service that is closer to 4G mobile services from Meteor, Three and Vodaphone than it is to Eir/Voda Fiber To The Cabinet.

However as Imagine are painting this service as a perfect fiber service, new customers signing up and paying 60 euros per month must be raging when their 50+meg service slumps to under 10 for the majority of the evening when they want to use it most. Some are only getting 2 or 3 megs for much of the evening which is just not on. It's not good enough, people are paying their hard earned money for a service which only works the way it should when they are asleep in bed, they deserve the rants on facebook if the service really is this poor for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

They've told me I'm connecting to Sliabh Mhuire / Mount Mary outside Ballygar in Galway. I was talking to them on Thursday or Friday of last week, telling me the site would be live, worst case scenario, before the end of October and connected in first days of November... then I got this today:

"Hi, just a quick update on your up and coming LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Your local LTE High site is in its final build stage, pending third party connectivity which has caused slight delays. Once complete, we will contact you again towards the end of November with further updates."

I did a speed test this eve with a 3G sim that I have on 3 network and I'm getting 9 - 10mb down and about 4 up. Even that, at 20 a month is a hell of a lot better than what I have with eircom. I'm so pissed with Imagine right now that all I want to do is cancel but I'm gonna stick it out and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

It's interesting how they posted a speed test about 9pm on their Facebook page, but the actual test time was Friday afternoon . . .

OjiU522.png

Note: The time shown on Ookla is GMT, date MM/DD/YYYY, so add one hour for daylight savings time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

editorsean wrote: »
    It's interesting how they posted a speed test about 9pm on their Facebook page, but the actual test time was Friday afternoon . . .

OjiU522.png

Note: The time shown on Ookla is GMT, date MM/DD/YYYY, so add one hour for daylight savings time.

Just went onto their facebook page and looked at all the speedtests, some of them are very impressive, however, most are taken between 8am and 11am. A few are between 12 and 3pm, some are months old, posted in September/October with speedtests dating back to July. I only saw 1 speedtest with a time after 4pm posted within the past month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Gonzo wrote: »
    It's a bit like Tripadvisor, if a restaurant continually provides sub standard food, value and service, it's gonna get blasted on TripAdvisor .

I disagree,there is no equivalent site to TripAdvisor or equivalence in attitude outside of holidays or travel where people who are happy feel the urge to say so

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

km79 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that ?
    That's the mast mentioned alright .......and I'm off next week so would be ideal if they needed to call to install

I rang them on Friday, the fella said it's due to"go live " end of October. And that they would contact me then. I can wait because it will be 2020 by the time fiber reaches me,and my line is called at 4mb.My 3g signal is non existent, so that's not an option. We'll see.

Check your spam/junk boxes for emails from imagine especially if using gmail
    I had one in it about an install

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

sorry my id is misleading as im actually based outside athlone... so im off the athlone site.... i signed up in mid august and didnt get installed until just last week.... initially i was told in august i would be installed in early sept... then late sept and then mid oct....

• Advertisement

sorry my id is misleading as im actually based outside athlone... so im off the athlone site.... i signed up in mid august and didnt get installed until just last week.... initially i was told in august i would be installed in early sept... then late sept and then mid oct....
    Was that delay in the site not being live yet?
    Once it went live how long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

delay was in the site going live.... they said something about a delay in getting fiber to the site.... once it went live it only took 8days to connect me

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Well they were fairly quick with the warning email to me today...
    I stupidly pre-ordered a PSN game and eventhough I had planned to spread the download out over a number of days by pausing the download after ~10GB each day - My Playstation turned itself on today and downloaded the remaining data (roughly 30GB). Got a warning email during the day to tell me I was gone above 15GB usage, and then an hour later I got the dreaded 'Daily Data Limit Reached' email.

So now I'm stuck with this speed until Midnight. But to be fair, it was my own mistake so can't really complain :(

5745100436.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

scunermac wrote: »
    Well they were fairly quick with the warning email to me today...
    I stupidly pre-ordered a PSN game and eventhough I had planned to spread the download out over a number of days by pausing the download after ~10GB each day - My Playstation turned itself on today and downloaded the remaining data (roughly 30GB). Got a warning email during the day to tell me I was gone above 15GB usage, and then an hour later I got the dreaded 'Daily Data Limit Reached' email.

So now I'm stuck with this speed until Midnight. But to be fair, it was my own mistake so can't really complain :(

5745100436.png
    They really throttle you badly and the ping dam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

rob808 wrote: »
    They really throttle you badly and the ping dam.

The ping is only there because he'll be competing with other devices in his house to get out so his antenna will queue frames.

Feel for you scunermac, I could download that same title on my phone and not have to worry #gottaBeSomeBenefitsWithThisHellishRent

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Haldane wrote: »
    Guys,
    Anyone know the admin password for the GemTek router wvrtm-127ACN. I rang imagine and they told me that thay are currently not allowing customers to access the router because of security. My problem is that I need to add my dyndns account to the router but I'm not going to give them my password for the obvious security concerns.

Has anybody found out the username and password for this box. Want to change the SSID and the password on our newly installed broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Haldane wrote: »
    Guys,
    Anyone know the admin password for the GemTek router wvrtm-127ACN. I rang imagine and they told me that thay are currently not allowing customers to access the router because of security. My problem is that I need to add my dyndns account to the router but I'm not going to give them my password for the obvious security concerns.

Has anybody found out the username and password for this box. Want to change the SSID and the password on our newly installed broadband
    I'm looking for the same for the Huawei box - if anyone has it and would be so kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Only Imagine tech support know the login details for the routers - you'll have to go through them.

Or else use your own router as an access point.

long_b wrote: »
    Only Imagine tech support know the login details for the routers - you'll have to go through them.

Or else use your own router as an access point.

I presume changing Dns on your own router connected to theirs will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mayola

Hi,I signed up with Imagine yesterday. Will be connecting to mast in Baagenalstown in Carlow. Does anyone have an idea if this live yet or when it might happen. I am currently with Vodafone and need to switch before November 4 otherwise I'm back in contract again and will have to pay approx. €200 to break the contract. I wish I had read this thread yesterday .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Had a failed install yesterday. My house is in a slight valley and just couldn't get a signal. The dream of faster broadband died :( stuck with DSL until Eir eventually decide to fibre up the area. I would say I'll be older and greyer by the time that happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mayola wrote: »
    Hi,I signed up with Imagine yesterday. Will be connecting to mast in Baagenalstown in Carlow. Does anyone have an idea if this live yet or when it might happen. I am currently with Vodafone and need to switch before November 4 otherwise I'm back in contract again and will have to pay approx. €200 to break the contract. I wish I had read this thread yesterday .

Are you sure about that?

With eircom (and others?) when an 18 or 12 month contract reaches the end the customer is on a 1 month notice period, unless they agree to a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I am on the Rathmore, Co. Meath transmitter. Last Sunday (23/10/16) around 1pm, the service was down... for a while (an hour?), and this morning Wed 26/10/16 it was also down at around 8am. Is it the (Imagine provided) router giving trouble, or has anyone else using this transmitter noticed issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭pjq

Calls to 1890, Mobiles and International

Sorry if I missed this , but where can I find the tariff for 1890, Mobile and International calls, anybody know how these costs compare to other operators?
    pjq

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Hi,I signed up with Imagine yesterday. Will be connecting to mast in Baagenalstown in Carlow. Does anyone have an idea if this live yet or when it might happen. I am currently with Vodafone and need to switch before November 4 otherwise I'm back in contract again and will have to pay approx. 200 to break the contract. I wish I had read this thread yesterday .

Are you sure about that?

With eircom (and others?) when an 18 or 12 month contract reaches the end the customer is on a 1 month notice period, unless they agree to a new contract.
    Hi,I signed up with Imagine yesterday. Will be connecting to mast in Baagenalstown in Carlow. Does anyone have an idea if this live yet or when it might happen. I am currently with Vodafone and need to switch before November 4 otherwise I'm back in contract again and will have to pay approx. 200 to break the contract. I wish I had read this thread yesterday .
    Imagine Sales should be able to tell you when it'll be live. I signed up in mid July, they told me the day I signed up in July I'd be live some time in September and connected by the end of September, and sure enough I was connected on Sept 28th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

pjq wrote: »
    Calls to 1890, Mobiles and International

Sorry if I missed this , but where can I find the tariff for 1890, Mobile and International calls, anybody know how these costs compare to other operators?
    pjq

I don't think you missed it, it doesn't seem to exist. However I found this list and it is the wimax phone offering, I am pretty sure it will apply to their "fibre speeds" LTE as well as it uses same VOIP technology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I don't think you missed it, it doesn't seem to exist. However I found this list and it is the wimax phone offering, I am pretty sure it will apply to their "fibre speeds" LTE as well as it uses same VOIP technology

I think this list is a bit more recent..

http://www.imagine.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/LTE-Pricing-Jan2016.pdf

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I read it as 1890 costs 5.62c peak time after set up cost of 10.33 c

TT

Aye,only use the phone for landline numbers on the island of Ireland
    Ring mobiles from your mobile and if you want to ring internationally use viber out on your mobile with your imagine wifi which will cost 1 or 2 cent a minute

• Advertisement

• I find it ridiculous that even if you are not using the phone they will still charge the same price
    Too greedy to offer a seperate bundle

Advertisement