Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

822 pm

99.26Mbps :)

• ArKl0w wrote: »
    822 pm

99.26Mbps :)

What DB are you getting on your router side?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What DB are you getting on your router side?

I can't see that,where do I look?

That ping test site wants java

I can't see that,where do I look?

That ping test site wants java

Log onto your router, I assume it's 192.168.15.1
    Check your connection settings, you are defiantly getting 5 bar but there should be a detailed configuration page, this will give you your db values

I don't have access to theirs only mine,a tp link

Any idea if that will give that information and where?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I'm starting to wonder is it a peering issue. Two speedtests within seconds of each other to different servers vary wildly.

To Three:

5769345995.png

To Vodafone:

5769348343.png

Fast.com gives 38Mb/s

UPC speedtest is 8.93Mb/s

SamKnows giving poor evening speeds.

B4RN in UK:

5769362818.png

Have Imagine peering issues with some Irish services?

I don't have access to theirs only mine,a tp link

Any idea if that will give that information and where?

The black cat 5/6 that's coming from the receiver. That should be plugged into the LTE router they provided you on the install day?

You do have have access to your router

Check your LAN IP and default gateway

Default gateway should be the IP of your router

Log onto your router, I assume it's 192.168.15.1
    Check your connection settings, you are defiantly getting 5 bar but there should be a detailed configuration page, this will give you your db values

Anything equal to or over 23dB for SINR is a 5 bar signal. Increasing SNR does not correlate to increased download speeds above a certain value. Mine fluctuates between 4 and 5 bars and I have hit over 100Mb/s in the early days of my connection.

Mine was similar to ArKl0w's for the first few days. I wonder if they unrestrict the connection at the beginning knowing people are likely to test it in the first few days?

Hmmmm

I'm only getting 28 on upc see attached
    Jitter 6ms

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Hmmmm

I'm only getting 28 on upc see attached
    Jitter 6ms

I think it may be a peering issue as I said. Try a UK server on Speedtest.net.

• Advertisement

The black cat 5/6 that's coming from the receiver. That should be plugged into the LTE router they provided you on the install day?

You do have have access to your router

Check your LAN IP and default gateway

Default gateway should be the IP of your router

Yes that's what Im saying,I'm looking at the page for my tp link but there's no signal information

@ Navi when the mast is full,mines only new I assume that's when it will go down? I.e. Contention

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭saorviewseeker

I know of one connected last week with similar speeds to me
    Great, cannot you give me an idea of where this is. I ask because I am in a particular bad area of Belcarrig Hill. I have been with Regional and am now with Whizzy and both are disappointing. If I move again, I want to be sure of reasonable, reliable speeds. Hope you can give me good news.

The lads told me they had 30db at the install,I remember them showing me :)

Great, cannot you give me an idea of where this is. I ask because I am in a particular bad area of Belcarrig Hill. I have been with Regional and am now with Whizzy and both are disappointing. If I move again, I want to be sure of reasonable, reliable speeds. Hope you can give me good news.

Craanford
    The imagine mast is on Slieve Bhui near Carnew which you can see pretty much all along the Goey bypass and I can even see it here from near Arklow

Imagine definitely seem to have issues with Irish peering. The same file downloaded from the University of Kent in the UK and Heanet in Ireland:

Kent:

400723.PNG

Heanet:

400724.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭saorviewseeker

Craanford
    The imagine mast is on Slieve Bhui near Carnew which you can see pretty much all along the Goey bypass and I can even see it here from near Arklow
    That's what they are saying alright. If it's not above 30mb at the install, they won't install. According to their salesman, the master is in Askamore, which is hidden behind Sliabh Bui. I am looking at Sliabh Bui from my location with a clear view and it was from here that my former provider, Regional Broadband were transmitting from but the speeds were disappointing. Perminet are also transmitting from Sliabh Bui and my neighbour moved over to Whizzy because there speeds were disappointing. So you see why I am being cautious. I have jumped from the frying pan into the fire once already so I want to be sure this time. I just think we are in a black spot and I fear a move to them might have similar results. Many thanks for your post anyway. If you hear of any further info, I would be delighted to hear from you or indeed anyone else connected to Imagine in the Belcarrig area of Ballycanew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

After another evening of both extremely poor speeds (average 1mb/s - 5mb/s) and points with no connection at all due to speeds of 0.1 (yes that's right I said 0.1 as in double the stoneage 56k modem speeds!), I think I have had enough. The service was good for first few weeks after few initial install hiccups but service has degraded week by week and is now a joke to be called fibre speed broadband. Most days live chat shows both customer care and tech support as offline but sales as always online. I think we can all figure out why.
    Have emailed and tried calling so many times in recent weeks with no reply so think I need to look at alternatives as my mast is clearly overloaded and oversold since they lost their bid for the nbp and they obviously have no intention at getting back to their paying customers. Lightnet are advertising here their 100mb service with unlimited usage for less than what I am paying and their rep seemed to know what he was talking about when he called door to door today so think I will give imagine one last chance this week to get back to me and resolve this or think I have no option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

irishchris wrote: »
    After another evening of both extremely poor speeds (average 1mb/s - 5mb/s) and points with no connection at all due to speeds of 0.1 (yes that's right I said 0.1 as in double the stoneage 56k modem speeds!), I think I have had enough. The service was good for first few weeks after few initial install hiccups but service has degraded week by week and is now a joke to be called fibre speed broadband. Most days live chat shows both customer care and tech support as offline but sales as always online. I think we can all figure out why.
    Have emailed and tried calling so many times in recent weeks with no reply so think I need to look at alternatives as my mast is clearly overloaded and oversold since they lost their bid for the nbp and they obviously have no intention at getting back to their paying customers. Lightnet are advertising here their 100mb service with unlimited usage for less than what I am paying and their rep seemed to know what he was talking about when he called door to door today so think I will give imagine one last chance this week to get back to me and resolve this or think I have no option
    I have just sent an email to lightnet there now too.
    I'm not far from Loughrea so I may be covered .
    Not heard anyone with them so not sure about how reliable they are ??????
    Imagjne keep pushing back the mast date and it's getting annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Is that wired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

nanook5 wrote: »
    Is that wired?

Not sure if you mean my speed tests or lightnet.

My speed tests are done wired with all background tasks turned off and nothing else connected to network.

Lightnet advertise their 100mb service as both fibre and wireless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

My speed tests are done wired with all background tasks turned off and nothing else connected to network.

Sorry I should have been more specific. Yes I meant wired .They are unacceptable speeds :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Like many I am still, apparently, suffering below 2 meg speeds at peak times. I have had the usual speil from Imagine tech support. However, after reading recent posts I did 2 wired speedtests at 2230 last night, the first on the Carlow server gave me 3.2 meg down and the second on the Milton Keynes server gave me 51meg. Now you tube was buffering just before so I suspect the Carlow one was more accurate, but why would a UK one give such a different return?

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

My speedtests are now all over the shop... on Ookla I got 1.5 Mbps connected to vodafone and 50 connected to Three server, whilst on testmy I got 60 .. All in the space of minutes. Fast.com gave me 22..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

My speedtests are now all over the shop... on Ookla I got 1.5 Mbps connected to vodafone and 50 connected to Three server, whilst on testmy I got 60 .. All in the space of minutes. Fast.com gave me 22..

I was told when I did a speed test right after the installation to connect to the Vodafone London server and I've noticed that it provides the fastest speeds, I've also double checked the results with a download (usually iTunes from the Apple website) and then go into downloads on chrome (CTRL + j) and the check the speed, and they're both similar.

Also, has anyone noticed issues with Netflix in the evenings? I was getting about 15Mbps however it was jumping between 480p and 720p, whereas with Sky on 7-8Mbps it was a solid 1080p.

What part of galway are you in again ?
    That lightnet offering is pretty interesting
    5EURO less for unlimited .........BUT no router AND more importantly for me I don't have a lot of reviews on the service
    TBH from what I'm reading on imagine it could be much of a muchness but I'd be within driving distance of their office :D

How much data would streaming a full hd channel such as magic (the music channel) use
    I'm pretty sure the viewer I left watching it will be singing boyzone songs for the next hour or two :D

Anyone have a solution to monitor traffic from my own router,it's a tp link

I don't expect to come anywhere near 20g in a day but would like to know nonetheless

96Mb speed in a test there a few minutes ago

km79 wrote: »
    What part of galway are you in again ?
    That lightnet offering is pretty interesting
    5EURO less for unlimited .........BUT no router AND more importantly for me I don't have a lot of reviews on the service
    TBH from what I'm reading on imagine it could be much of a muchness but I'd be within driving distance of their office :D
    Look at their terms and conditions
    If there's no contract,I'd go for it tbh

Look at their terms and conditions
    If there's no contract,I'd go for it tbh

18 month contract
    20 per month left cancellation fee
    100 euro install

km79 wrote: »
    18 month contract