Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

I'm getting calls now from the Vodafone retention team

Yeah yeah like I'm going to go back to that ha!

How do you stop that when you're no longer a customer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

pjjk90 wrote: »
    Also, has anyone noticed issues with Netflix in the evenings? I was getting about 15Mbps however it was jumping between 480p and 720p, whereas with Sky on 7-8Mbps it was a solid 1080p.

The other night it was more like 20p than anything else from time to time.. so yes.
    Like I posted before , with my eircom 1.5Mbps I never had the issue as long as no one else was using the internet at the same time..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Weses

Have been using mine for a day now... can't put into words how much of a blessing it is compared to the prior 2mbps I was getting. 45-60mbps on average. But... I haven't tested the speed during the evening. I didn't notice it being any slower yesterday evening but I'm sure it was numerically a slower speed. I'll see how this goes for the week ahead.

First impressions are good at least! I'm interested to see how often I hit the daily usage limit over time. Got a bit carried away watching 4k videos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

ArKl0w wrote: »
    How much data would streaming a full hd channel such as magic (the music channel) use
    I'm pretty sure the viewer I left watching it will be singing boyzone songs for the next hour or two :D

Anyone have a solution to monitor traffic from my own router,it's a tp link

I don't expect to come anywhere near 20g in a day but would like to know nonetheless

96Mb speed in a test there a few minutes ago

I guess you'd probably have to install a different firmware onto your router if it doesn't give you this information already.
    https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#TP-Link

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alpha_Moon

If there is a worse customer support team on this island I'd like to meet them. Shambolic!!

No internet for 3 days. I ring them and they try to fix it (it's a router issue) over the phone, they then say they will ring their super tech support and they will call back. I never get a call back until I ring them again and the whole process starts again.
    I've just been told that they are waiting on approval for me to get a call out. So, 3 days with no internet and I might get approval for a call out today. Might!! If I get approval it takes 5-7 working days for that call-out. So At best I will have someone come out to me on the 14th November for a problem that I rang them with on the 1st of November.

My advice to anyone on here who like me had speeds of 1-2 mbs would be to stay put because this crowd are not the answer. I've cancelled the direct debit and am now weighing up whether to call eircom or vodafone and go back to my 2mb internet.
    Ah well, it was great getting that 75mb download speed for those 3 days at 1pm in the day while it lasted.

• Advertisement

duplicate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has anyone who paid the 100 euro and not had a date for install successfully backed out and got a refund ?

Weses wrote: »
    Have been using mine for a day now... can't put into words how much of a blessing it is compared to the prior 2mbps I was getting. 45-60mbps on average. But... I haven't tested the speed during the evening. I didn't notice it being any slower yesterday evening but I'm sure it was numerically a slower speed. I'll see how this goes for the week ahead.

First impressions are good at least! I'm interested to see how often I hit the daily usage limit over time. Got a bit carried away watching 4k videos...
    Give it 2-3 weeks and come back to me. I was once that happy customer for about 12 days.

long_b wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    18 month contract
    20 per month left cancellation fee
    100 euro install

This is a very serious change in their T&Cs.
    It used to be a flat 100 to break the contract.

Now it could be as much as 340 !!
    Excuse my ignorance but why would anyone consider paying this fee? They haven't given the service they advertised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Apologies folks - will delete my post

• Advertisement

Alpha_Moon wrote: »
    If there is a worse customer support team on this island I'd like to meet them. Shambolic!!

No internet for 3 days. I ring them and they try to fix it (it's a router issue) over the phone, they then say they will ring their super tech support and they will call back. I never get a call back until I ring them again and the whole process starts again.
    I've just been told that they are waiting on approval for me to get a call out. So, 3 days with no internet and I might get approval for a call out today. Might!! If I get approval it takes 5-7 working days for that call-out. So At best I will have someone come out to me on the 14th November for a problem that I rang them with on the 1st of November.

My advice to anyone on here who like me had speeds of 1-2 mbs would be to stay put because this crowd are not the answer. I've cancelled the direct debit and am now weighing up whether to call eircom or vodafone and go back to my 2mb internet.
    Ah well, it was great getting that 75mb download speed for those 3 days at 1pm in the day while it lasted.
    I suspect practically their entire van crews are on installations and they've left precious little crews for fault fixing,in the rush to get as many installed as possible prior to Eir's rural fibre roll out being finished
    Eir have crews locally based and hundreds times more of them than the likes of small imagine too
    If imagine stay in business and the busy time of connecting customers (who stay) to their ever growing number of high sites,the maintenance crews will increase
    Untill then,you join imagine in the hope there's no fault in your physical equipment either at the high site or on your roof
    That appears to be the situation
    There are legally remedies available to people who don't have their service fixed and have a hard time getting a refund including claiming back your last debit,cancelling future ones and terminating the contract on the basis that imagine are not keeping their side of it
    Needless to say keep records
    Hopefully the numbers needing to go that road versus those happy to carry on because it's 10 times better than what they had are small

Meanwhilestill over 97Mb here at 640 this evening
    I'll test again at half nine,that's an hour later than last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Meanwhilestill over 97Mb here at 640 this evening
    I'll test again at half nine,that's an hour later than last night

Without sounding like a dick, we dont care what your tests are now. You've the sector to yourself.

Give it two months then your results will become relevant.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

ED E wrote: »
    Without sounding like a dick, we dont care what your tests are now. You've the sector to yourself.

Give it two months then your results will become relevant.

ED E do you have any opinion on my theory that the contention may not be at the masts but deeper in Imagine's network?

Again tonight Irish speeds are poor but to the UK is much better.

5772183955.png

5772186654.png

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101551508&postcount=2746

Masts/Sectors within said are definitely a #1 choke point. Not hard to imagine(no pun intended) 10 users in a 205km^2 area active at the same time. Even if they limit it to 133 buildings (so maybe 330 people). Thats already you down at under 10Mb when you account for overheads.

The erratic results might hint that they're pushing all your traffic through the UK. They've UK businesses too so they may be running their AAA and edge routing over there.

A tracert may hint how its running if not encapsulated or masked.

Masts/Sectors within said are definitely a #1 choke point. Not hard to imagine(no pun intended) 10 users in a 205km^2 area active at the same time. Even if they limit it to 133 buildings (so maybe 330 people). Thats already you down at under 10Mb when you account for overheads.

The erratic results might hint that they're pushing all your traffic through the UK. They've UK businesses too so they may be running their AAA and edge routing over there.

A tracert may hint how its running if not encapsulated or masked.

Thanks.

400813.PNG

400814.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GranGruba

I just now got an invoice from Imagine.

It includes part pay from October installation date and pre-pay for November - fair enough.

It also has 150 euro for installation/activation???

I was full sure the €100 I paid in August was the total cost for this.

Any ideas anyone?

GranGruba wrote: »
    I just now got an invoice from Imagine.

It includes part pay from October installation date and pre-pay for November - fair enough.

It also has 150 euro for installation/activation???

I was full sure the €100 I paid in August was the total cost for this.

Any ideas anyone?

It should be €150 in total so €50 more if you have paid €100 already. Ring them and get a revised bill.

Very windy here today and my very exposed imagine pole is actually moving
    Bobbing away in the wind

It would not want to be much stronger to take it off line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Bobbing away in the wind

I too am concerned about this but more the fact its a 20ft pole with no stay wires....another concern they didnt install an earth connection . its mentioned in the manual they left behind that it should be installed so theres no protection if lighting were to strike

• Advertisement

I too am concerned about this but more the fact its a 20ft pole with no stay wires....another concern they didnt install an earth connection . its mentioned in the manual they left behind that it should be installed so theres no protection if lighting were to strike

Lol I mentioned all that to them and they said,yeah very exposed :D

Anyone on the Rathmore mast in Meath or anywhere else experiencing terrible (1 Mb) speeds today? For some reason my radio which is usually on 3590000 kHz or 3570000 kHz has began switching to 3530000 kHz. SNR falls to single digits (usually above 20dB) and I get massive slowdown.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Bobbing away in the wind

The only way wind will take it offline is if it blows down. The antenna in that CPE isn't anywhere near directional enough to be troubled by waving around.

I just got a text message from Imagine about 1 Net having to do urgent network maintenance tommorow and to expect a reduction in speeds. This is the second such message in a few days.

Does anyone know who 1 Net are?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Anything to do with this?

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Anything to do with this?

Now that you mention it the previous text coincided with another message on Net1's Facebook about an outage last Saturday. I wonder why are Imagine referring to another smaller ISP in their status messages? They specifically called them 1 Net both times though. Are Net1 providing backhaul for them?

400918.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

For me I think I am going to have to plug the plug on these chancers. After rocky start the service was impressive (for a few weeks). But ever since they lost the nbp they have obviously rammed the masts and oversubscribed. So many on here in same boat as me. Customer support and tech support are ALWAYS offline on live chat but sales always online to cram more customers in. So they know what they are doing and how poor the service they are supplying is but they obviously don't care. Twice in recent days I have managed to get through to second line tech support. For those of you wondering what second line tech is, its basically some people who answer phone who say they don't have access to any of the info relating to tech problems and can only pass our info on to the real tech support but no you can't speak to them and they will ring you back. Except they don't. No answer still and speeds at max 0.1 -2 mb/s again last night. Fibre speed they advertise, what a joke! Tomorrow morning I am cancelling my 60 euro a month contract as for 720 euro a year I expect better than a poor ADSL like experience.

So thanks to morgana, alec76 and all others for their help here recently as the only assistance relating to imagine broadband has been in this thread

Its much more likely that they both lease dark glass off one of the big guns and are just being equally impacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

irishchris wrote: »
    And to be a problem loading the most recent page of the imagine forum today?
    Anyway for me u think u am going to have to plug the plug in these chancers. After rocky start the service was impressive (for a few weeks). But ever since they lost the nbp they have obviously rammed the masts and oversubscribed. So many on here in same boat as me. Customer support and tech support are ALWAYS offline on live chat but sales always online to cram more customers in. So they know what they are doing and how poor the service they are supplying is but they obviously don't care. Twice in recent days I have managed to get through to second line tech support. For those of you wondering what second line tech is its basically some people who answer phone who sat they don't have access to any of the info relating to tech problems and can only pass our info on to the real tech support but no you can't speak to then and they will ring you back. Except they don't. No answer still and speeds at max 0.1 -2 mb/s again last night. Tomorrow morning I am cancelling my contract. So thanks to morgana,alec76 and all others for their help here recently as the only assistance relating to imagine broadband has been in this thread

Back to lightnet ???
    I asked before but nobody replied
    I paid the 100 euro to book my place a few months back
    Mast still not live and will be another month at least
    Am I entitled to cancel now and refund ?

• Advertisement

Its much more likely that they both lease dark glass off one of the big guns and are just being equally impacted.

That doesn't explain why they are referring to third party ISPs in their messages. Both messages clearly stated "1 Net have informed us...".

Advertisement