Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Just as a counterpoint jeeze,I was onto to me their very helpful tech for nearly an hour the other day configuring this that and the other
    When they weren't sure,they googled :D

Slowest speed so far since this was installed 4 days ago was last night at 50 to 60Mb around 930
    Using Manchester it was in the 90s
    Back into the 90's by 11 and the same right now

km79 wrote: »
    Back to lightnet ???
    I asked before but nobody replied
    I paid the 100 euro to book my place a few months back
    Mast still not live and will be another month at least
    Am I entitled to cancel now and refund ?

Of course you are
    You can do a charge back on the payment
    But my advice is the same, Patience!
    This place is a mecca for complaints because people complain when they've problems
    They don't go to find sites to say they're happy,they just getting on with it

Now I do expect slow downs in my evening service as the mast fills but I'm not expecting the service to degrade such that it isn't at leat 10 times better than what I had

Viva le stopgap:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Of course you are
    You can do a charge back on the payment
    But my advice is the same, Patience!

There is too much evidence here to make me comfortable locking into an 18 month contract
    Not saying i won't BUT the longer they delay me the less likely it is

There is too much evidence here to make me comfortable locking into an 18 month contract
    Not saying i won't BUT the longer they delay me the less likely it is

You're not really locking into an 18 month contract when the buy out is a maximum €101
    As for too much evidence,if they've 300 per mast and 25 masts that's 7000 on the service,how many are on here? 10? 12? Less
    Also see the edit I added on my last post too

You're not really locking into an 18 month contract when the buy out is a maximum €101
    As for too much evidence,if they've 300 per mast and 25 masts that's 7000 on the service,how many are on here? 10? 12? Less
    Also see the edit I added on my last post too

Good point BUT if the delay goes on beyond December I'll be signing with Lightnet

• Advertisement

Good point BUT if the delay goes on beyond December I'll be signing with Lightnet

Aye,you'll remember my earlier posts (and I had no delay) contemplating whizzy such was my eagerness to be on something that works
    I'm absolutely delighted with imagine so far because no matter how slow it goes in the evenings for an hour or two,I'm likely to at least mostly settle in around 20 to 40 at worst and be up above 70(currently 90!) for the majority of the day
    So if I want a big file in 5 mins I have most of the day (I got a 720 resolution movie in 3 mins last night)

Yours,
    Ever the optimist ,
    ArKl0w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Aye,you'll remember my earlier posts (and I had no delay) contemplating whizzy such was my eagerness to be on something that works
    I'm absolutely delighted with imagine so far because no matter how slow it goes in the evenings for an hour or two,I'm likely to at least mostly settle in around 20 to 40 at worst and be up above 70(currently 90!) for the majority of the day
    So if I want a big file in 5 mins I have most of the day (I got a 720 resolution movie in 3 mins last night)

Yours,
    Ever the optimist ,
    ArKl0w

That's what I thought when I signed.i was one of the first on my mast and speeds of 90+ then off-peak the overtime dropped to 50 then 20 now that mast is overloaded speeda average 0.1-5mbs ALL evening EVERY evening. Enjoy your few weeks like that

irishchris wrote: »
    That's what I thought when I signed.i was one of the first on my mast and speeds of 90+ then off-peak the overtime dropped to 50 then 20 now that mast is overloaded speeda average 0.1-5mbs ALL evening EVERY evening. Enjoy your few weeks like that

Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong
    12 in 7000+ won't convince me
    But if you're right (ish) I will say so
    My mast is a little over half full at the moment with north of a 100 to be connected in the next week or three so we'll see

If you are sub 5Mb in the evenings,it's more than contention causing it probably and if not remedied,as I said to your other post on this,I'd be leaving if you've other options

Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong
    12 in 7000+ won't convince me
    But if you're right (ish) I will say so
    My mast is a little over half full at the moment with north of a 100 to be connected in the next week or three so we'll see

If you are sub 5Mb in the evenings,it's more than contention causing it probably and if not remedied,as I said to your other post on this,I'd be leaving if you've other options

The problem is you are nowhere near half full on your mast as by looks of it since nbp loss they are cramming masts and that number of 400 is pie in sky unfortunately. If it's not contention why during off peak am i getting 10-15 times my peak hour speeds? I hope I'm wrong in your case but alas I think not

The problem is you are nowhere near half full on your mast as by looks of it since nbp loss they are cramming masts and that number of 400 is pie in sky unfortunately. If it's not contention why during off peak am i getting 10-15 times my peak hour speeds? I hope I'm wrong in your case but alas I think not

Again I have to say 4 things
    If your service is unusable versus your old service in the evenings and it's not remedied,then leave
    Nobody knows if masts are being canned beyond 400,it's just speculation
    Thirdly,even here ,a Mecca of upset customers (the type that normally hunt out places to complain) we have the OP saying that even in the evenings,their issues have been resolved
    Fourthly,if I was to take 12 or even 20 people out of 7000+ as representative gospel ,the whole country would be dead and buried

Don't get me wrong,You're not happy,there are problems with some users,no doubt about it
    I'm just not convinced of how widespread outside of being an unacceptable sluggish response to teething trouble when they're very busy building a network (and they are)

Out of curiosity ,In your case,your severe slowdown in the evenings,how does that impact what you normally do on the internet versus your previous supplier?

• Advertisement

If your service is unusable versus your old service in the evenings and it's not remedied,then leave
    Thirdly,even here ,a Mecca of upset customers (the type that normally hunt out places to complain) we have the OP saying that even in the evenings,their issues have been resolved
    Fourthly,if I was to take 12 or even 20 people out of 7000+ as representative gospel ,the whole country would be dead and buried

Don't get me wrong,You're not happy,there are problems with some users,no doubt about it
    I'm just not convinced of how widespread outside of being an unacceptable sluggish response to teething trouble when they're very busy building a network (and they are)

Out of curiosity ,In your case,your severe slowdown in the evenings,how does that impact what you normally do on the internet versus your previous supplier?

Are you using the router that came with it out of interest or did you buy a better one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

You are being overly harsh on people with legitimate complaints about their service. To label them as "the type that normally hunt out places to complain" is just disrespectful.

Also your assertion that it is just 12 or 20 people with issues is misleading. You have no idea how many customers may be complaining directly to Imagine. A brief look at their Facebook page shows more and more unhappiness as the days go by. Again not representative I know but it demonstrates that there are other avenues for grievances.

They are charging a premium price for what should be a premium "Fibre" equivalent service. It is not the end users fault if their systems have not been robustly tested prior to deployment.

You are being overly harsh on people with legitimate complaints about their service. To label them as "the type that normally hunt out places to complain" is just disrespectful.

Also your assertion that it is just 12 or 20 people with issues is misleading. You have no idea how many customers may be complaining directly to Imagine. A brief look at their Facebook page shows more and more unhappiness as the days go by. Again not representative I know but it demonstrates that there are other avenues for grievances.

They are charging a premium price for what should be a premium "Fibre" equivalent service. It is not the end users fault if their systems have not been robustly tested prior to deployment.
    Wow Facebook page is worrying

Saying having unresolved problems is unacceptable is disrespectful?
    still a tiny sample and some in common with here so double counted!
    Happy people do not post on consumer websites /twitter/facebook as a rule
    Those places are heavily weighted towards problems,always were always will be
    Pointing that out is in no way showing a lack of empathy with the victims of a bad service
    In all fairness,the first two Speedtest histories I looked at linked to earlier in this thread,one in Wexford and one in Cork - Both early high site builds and are showing 40 to 60 in the evenings often in the last month or two and I was hard set to find one near 20
    That does not gel with saying it's not a fibre experience (many sky fibre and Eir do less!) and it does not gel with saying masts being crammed as a rule

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wow Facebook page is worrying

seems to be mostly the same negative comments from the same people. Posts will probably be deleted by tomorrow.

Imagine seem to be spending quite a bit of time posting images and videos of lakes, fields, rainbows and their vans parked in the countryside, not sure how that is meant to drive sales.

I meant calling them the "type" to complain was disrespectful. Nothing would have given me more pleasure than to post my SamKnows results here with 60Mb speeds through out the day. I would have sang Imagine's praises from the rafters. Unfortunately I have not been able to do that so far and I am interested in investigating why UK speeds are better than Irish at peak times. I would love for this product to be successful and for Imagine to recoup their investment but if it does not meet peoples expectations they will have a hard time doing that.

Ah its just words navi,it's never meant that way from me anyway
    The spoken word contains a lot more information than the written in that you get a look at the eyes of the person talking

Ah its just words navi,it's never meant that way from me anyway
    The spoken word contains a lot more information than the written in that you get a look at the eyes of the person talking

Fair enough. I know you meant no offence really. I'm glad your service continues to remain good. Long may it last!

I've contacted Imagine with my theories so we'll see what they say.

Fair enough. I know you meant no offence really. I'm glad your service continues to remain good. Long may it last!

I've contacted Imagine with my theories so we'll see what they say.

I'm hoping they do but they mightn't
    Full signal ,full line of sight (no trees) and short distance is with me
    Maybe just maybe that will stand to me when the mast is full
    The morgana and Wexford Speedtest history lately gives me hope on that score

Are you using the router that came with it out of interest or did you buy a better one

I'm using their router in the workshop and my own up at the house 80 metres away
    My speedtests are all hardwire on the pc not wifi after that 80 metre cat5E run
    There's no difference if I direct plug the 80 metre line into the pc versus connected through my own tp link router

• Advertisement

It impacts in that Netflix viewing is impossible as spend more time buffering than playing and this is in sd not HD and definitely not uhd. Kids are unable to game as constant drops in speed to 0.1 mb/s and less cause lag and disconnection. The wifes Facebook is forever loading when she tries to access it and most images either don't load or have to be refreshed numerous times to show. Webpages crash loading many times as speeds are just at a crawl. So basically the 3g on my mobile does a better job than this premium "fibre experience"
    Gone back to my previous supplier as giving my notice tomorrow to imagine.

Same story from my brother's house who experienced the same problem. Also I finally got chatting to a neighbour today in local shop who also has it and says he is counting the days until ftth reaches him as has had exact same problems in evenings with crawl speeds with imagine when he gets home from work.
    Now he hasn't been on here and neither has my brother but then like you said only a tiny proportion of imagines users are on board.ie and I think imagine will be thanking their lucky stars for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Chris. Let us know what response, if any, you get please?

TT

TopTec wrote: »
    Chris. Let us know what response, if any, you get please?

TT

Will do. I will be staying on hold all day if I have to as the extremely poor lack of response from imagine to this problem that was reported weeks ago to them has convinced me to dump them. The fact that tech support and customer service on live chat is mostly always offline these days whilst sales is always online makes me think imagine know the problems and are deliberately avoiding having to deal with the fallout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

I suggest contacting Comreg to lodge a formal complaint. This may also help escape the contract (without the €100 penalty) if they are unable to fix the problem.

I remember you posting fast test results from Three in the past before moving to Imagine, so am surprised to see how slow Imagine has got in your area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Will do. I will be staying on hold all day if I have to as the extremely poor lack of response from imagine to this problem that was reported weeks ago to them has convinced me to dump them. The fact that tech support and customer service on live chat is mostly always offline these days whilst sales is always online makes me think imagine know the problems and are deliberately avoiding having to deal with the fallout
    They probably don't want bad press it not good when they won't respond to a problem.It come back and bite them when NBP start rolling out and customer who had bad experience with them drop them like a hot cake.

editorsean wrote: »
    I suggest contacting Comreg to lodge a formal complaint. This may also help escape the contract (without the €100 penalty) if they are unable to fix the problem.

I remember you posting fast test results from Three in the past before moving to Imagine, so am surprised to see how slow Imagine has got in your area.

I am going to do that in the morning also as what I have been sold is not fit for purpose and yet they are still signing up new customers up to this mast.
    I am undecided on either returning to three or going with lightnet who are offering an unlimited plan up to 100mb for less than imagine. I am reluctant though to sign up to a new provider again that hasn't been proven until I see how they perform after few months of going live so may go with three again in the interim.

It impacts in that Netflix viewing is impossible as spend more time buffering than playing and this is in sd not HD and definitely not uhd. Kids are unable to game as constant drops in speed to 0.1 mb/s and less cause lag and disconnection. The wifes Facebook is forever loading when she tries to access it and most images either don't load or have to be refreshed numerous times to show. Webpages crash loading many times as speeds are just at a crawl. So basically the 3g on my mobile does a better job than this premium "fibre experience"
    Gone back to my previous supplier as giving my notice tomorrow to imagine.

Same story from my brother's house who experienced the same problem. Also I finally got chatting to a neighbour today in local shop who also has it and says he is counting the days until ftth reaches him as has had exact same problems in evenings with crawl speeds with imagine when he gets home from work.
    Now he hasn't been on here and neither has my brother but then like you said only a tiny proportion of imagines users are on board.ie and I think imagine will be thanking their lucky stars for that

I am not a legal expert but it strikes me that you've a cast iron case that your service is not fit for the purpose you bought it for
    With goods anyway,that's a money back job
    Presumably when you do get onto tech support,they will see that you're unable to download hardly anything and can see the throughput
    You absolutely do need to be fixed (ultimatum time on that) or discharged
    you're an extreme case(you've someone on here reporting normal service from the same mast when yours was sh1t remember which shouldn't be happening if it's contention) unless contention is discriminatory which I don't think it is

Anyhow I can't say anymore except I hope it's fixed or that you get something better because what you have now could not be described as anything other than not working at all
    There's no way most could be at that level or as a scam this would be on Duffy and in the papers and courts

I am not a legal expert but it strikes me that you've a cast iron case that your service is not fit for the purpose you bought it for
    With goods anyway,that's a money back job
    Presumably when you do get onto tech support,they will see that you're unable to download hardly anything and can see the throughput
    You absolutely do need to be fixed (ultimatum time on that) or discharged
    you're an extreme case(you've someone on here reporting normal service from the same mast when yours was sh1t remember which shouldn't be happening if it's contention) unless contention is discriminatory which I don't think it is

Anyhow I can't say anymore except I hope it's fixed or that you get something better because what you have now could not be described as anything other than not working at all
    There's no way most could be at that level or as a scam this would be on Duffy and in the papers and courts

When I challenged them on that fact that one user off the same mast as me had good speeds whilst mine were poor(although nowhere near as poor as they are now) imagine tech said I was off a different cell on this mast. Obviously mine was overcrowded whereas his was not. Unfortunately that user has since come on here and reported his speeds to have also badly dropped which suggests that one is also over subscribed. I wish I was an extreme case but unfortunately it seems my case is slowly becoming the norm. I do hope though that when your mast becomes filled out and possibly over filled that you do not have the same"fibre like" experience that we are suffering here

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Weses

So I've been using it for a few more days and it's been going great. Only problem is the wifi is terrible. But the connection plugged into my PC is surprisingly consistent at around 60mbps, nearly all times of the day. I guess it will get slower over time, the more people that get it... I really can't believe how fast it is so far. I wonder how long this is going to last before I start having issues. :(

Is there anything I can do about the wifi cutting off when I go anywhere outside my room? It's surprisingly bad considering the speed I'm getting otherwise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Everyone in this thread is making me scared to go to Imagine, but it has to be better than this...

5777439681.png
    ...right?

Advertisement