Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

9726_9726 wrote: »
    Using white ties on commercial installs is absolute cowboy stuff.

Black cable ties last about a year in the elements too you know, there's little difference.

Black ones from any trade outlet will be UV stabilised and will last indefinitely, even on the most extreme tower sites, although better run towers forbid cable ties altogether and insist on REM clamps and cleats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

gafarrell wrote: »
    Got this installed today
    Heres my results. Not too shabby.
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5779141714

Nice speeds, I see its from the Limerick area, where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

km79 wrote: »
    I already have something on chimney from another wireless provider 6 years ago . They would not take it down when I left.
    Wonder could they use this one again and just adjust it ?

Those cradle kits have the disadvantage of using a single lashing wire. They're grand but all eggs in one basket. As long as the corrosion isn't too bad on those hook bolts....

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...although better run towers forbid cable ties altogether and insist on REM clamps and cleats.

With good reason, if you've ever suffered a cut from a cable tie while climbing a tower. The REM clamps are the only job (although we use GCA, which are basically the same thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

km79 wrote: »
    I already have something on chimney from another wireless provider 6 years ago . They would not take it down when I left.
    Wonder could they use this one again and just adjust it ?

Any decent WISP will remove it, if you request it, but they tend to leave it, in case you ever want to reconnect or if you moved away, the next tenant might want it. So it's down to you to specificly ask to get it removed.

Either way, the bracket and pole becomes yours after installation (part of the house kind of thing), while the antenna most often remains the ISPs property. That's why they repair it without cost to you, if it stops working. Unless you damaged it, of course.

That antenna is more than likely on a different frequency and different technology to Imagine. Proper ISPs never reuse the equipment of other operators. Too many unknown factors.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Notice from your link that you're close to Limerick. Whereabouts and do you know what mast you are using?

I'm out in Murroe so would most likely be connecting towards Woodcock Hill if I got it.

I am connected to woodcock hill. I am 23km away and have a steady 20-35mb connection on wifi 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Those cradle kits have the disadvantage of using a single lashing wire. They're grand but all eggs in one basket. As long as the corrosion isn't too bad on those hook bolts....

Will imagine take it down do ya think and put up a new one so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

Hococop wrote: »
    Nice speeds, I see its from the Limerick area, where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in the East Cork area.
    Its a similar result if i test on the (vodafone) Dublin server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

nanook5 wrote: »
    I am connected to woodcock hill. I am 23km away and have a steady 20-35mb connection on wifi 24/7

What's it like hardwired,probably double that or more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alpha_Moon

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Latest speed test at the end of 85 mtrs of cat5E
    It's the fastest one yet done in the house about 5 mins ago hosted by blacknight :)

Again, nobody cares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Alpha_Moon wrote: »
    Again, nobody cares

Nobody else is dismissing other ppl's posts - just because you have problems that doesn't mean other ppl cant post their own experiences which may even be positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

Again, nobody cares

Why are you isolationg Arkl0w's posts and being a bit of an ass to him? If you don't care then don't respond and just ignore his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Hi guys and dolls, I am new to Imagine and new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. I got installed last week and so good so far. I have the router connected all over the house with power links and no real speed drop(as with my previous set up), all my devices connected perfectly except my Sky on demand. I have tried everything suggested on the net and by Sky yet all though it says on demand is connected I can't download any thing. When I click on the program, is says downloading for about 20 secs and then nothing and when I check the planner it says failed. Any help would be appreciated please.

By the way, any one know the imagine router user name and pass word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Imagine won't provide this information... has been discuss at length earlier but no work arounds I am afraid.

TT

Thanks for your reply, that is very strange. I seem to remember an IT guy where I work needing to put some rules on an Eircom router for allowing remote access, etc. Don't see how they can get away with not allowing you access to the router.

Yeah they remote access their router but obviously cannot access your own
    Have you a spare old router anywhere that you could use for the sky box?
    Just change the old routers internal IP address and wirelessly connect it to imagine's?
    If you do,see if that works as a work around
    The sky box is probably connecting and disconnecting from your booster plug wifi units for some quirky reason

Hi Arklow, thank you for reply. I actually just tried and connected my old router to the imagine one via ethernet and ran the setup wizard and it did connect but when I tested the speed I was only getting 1 or2 mbps as opposed to 40 on the imagine one. Sorry I didn't quote you as I can't seem to despite pressing quote reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

+1 - With them now for almost 2 months , no serious interruptions. Works for me

+1 from me too getting steady 40 to 50 mpbs most times... odd time dropped to 10 mbps. im with them a month now.

sure beats dealing with three ireland customer support. .. "mr x do u have windows in ur house? can u plse move ur router closer to the window and try again" I kid u not.... I could take the roof off the house and it still wldnt establish a network connection

Hi Arklow, thank you for reply. I actually just tried and connected my old router to the imagine one via ethernet and ran the setup wizard and it did connect but when I tested the speed I was only getting 1 or2 mbps as opposed to 40 on the imagine one. Sorry I didn't quote you as I can't seem to despite pressing quote reply

Well at least it's talking to the sky box a bit better
    You'll need to tweak around the settings on your old router probably,try imagine lan to old router wan
    Google plus trial and error will be your friend on this one :)

Hi Arklow again,

I connected the sky box to the old router via wifi and still the same issue with on demand. This has me really puzzled. Still can't quote your post.

• Advertisement

NakQuada wrote: »
    Again, nobody cares

Why are you isolationg Arkl0w's posts and being a bit of an ass to him? If you don't care then don't respond and just ignore his posts.

He's happy with his quality of internet, once is enough to post that, there's no need to update how happy he is every few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Again, nobody cares

Bernard Cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am so angry and upset at my ISP (Three) that I must live vicariously through ArKl0w's posts to experience any joy at all. Therefore I welcome all the posts made in this topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

He's happy with his quality of internet, once is enough to post that, there's no need to update how happy he is every few hours.

There are reports of others starting well and deteriorating soon after, all ArKl0w is doing is advising that his speeds are maintaining stability. This is relevant, and there are plenty of people who would be interested. For the record (because I know you have an interest in these things ;)), here are my recent speeds:

Timestamp Down Up Loss Ping Jitter
    06/11/16 09:01 81.42 8.39 0.0% 27.1 9.2
    06/11/16 13:01 59.71 6.70 3.3% 26.7 8.3
    06/11/16 17:01 77.08 7.78 0.0% 28.5 11.1
    06/11/16 21:01 63.95 7.02 0.0% 31.8 14.6
    07/11/16 01:01 70.53 8.52 0.0% 23.4 5.5
    07/11/16 05:01 75.93 8.48 0.0% 26.1 5.4
    07/11/16 09:01 73.49 8.58 0.0% 31.3 10.6
    07/11/16 13:01 71.69 7.85 0.0% 27.6 8.5
    07/11/16 17:01 60.11 4.20 0.0% 31.6 8.0
    07/11/16 21:01 54.20 6.23 0.0% 97.0 20.3
    08/11/16 01:01 73.47 7.80 0.0% 26.4 8.8
    08/11/16 05:01 77.77 8.64 0.0% 24.6 6.0
    08/11/16 09:01 77.55 8.54 0.0% 26.8 7.4

Hi Arklow again,

I connected the sky box to the old router via wifi and still the same issue with on demand. This has me really puzzled. Still can't quote your post.

I've a free view box here with Netflix that has the same issue,I moved my tp link to an awkward spot in the room next door and it's working now,it can't stay there
    The ultimate way which probably won't suit you to solve this is to connect by a run of cat5 cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hey Folks,

Just a bit of background about my dealings with Imagine and the Shambolic service I received off them when in contract for their wimax crap.

In my experience they were sneaky when it came to the cooling off period. My speeds were great for two weeks, Streaming was good and torrenting was also good. However after the cooling off period the traffic shaping started and I could barely watch youtube let alone download and files.

They overcharged me when the contract was ended and kept taking money from my bank account.

Their customer support were arrogant and not very tech literate.

If you go back through a lot of the WIMAX threads from 2011 - 2012 you'll see how disgusted people were at the service delivered compared to the service sold and also their lack of customer service.

It seems to me that Imagine like to get customers signed up to contracts and don't really care that they won't keep them for the long run. Penny wise pound foolish if you will.

I think with their "LTE" it's just WIMAX rebranded because the name became so toxic.

I know of areas where they had huge customer numbers and people would never touch them again.

Anyway I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now and just wanted to share my experience. Hope it helps people make up their minds.

Thanks,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It's good to see reports of decent speeds with Imagine's LTE product, a welcome change from all the poor speeds being reported for weeks.

The speeds Arklow is getting is the way the product should be all the time for most customers who have decent distance and line of sight.

At least he's keeping the speedtests going with timestamps if they really are needed later on if problems arise.

Will be interesting to see how Imagine's speed will manage during the Christmas holidays when most people are off for at least a week, not sure Imagine's LTE product was even around last Christmas to judge.

Dero wrote: »

There are reports of others starting well and deteriorating soon after, all ArKl0w is doing is advising that his speeds are maintaining stability. This is relevant, and there are plenty of people who would be interested. For the record (because I know you have an interest in these things ;)), here are my recent speeds:

Timestamp Down Up Loss Ping Jitter
    06/11/16 09:01 81.42 8.39 0.0% 27.1 9.2
    06/11/16 13:01 59.71 6.70 3.3% 26.7 8.3
    06/11/16 17:01 77.08 7.78 0.0% 28.5 11.1
    06/11/16 21:01 63.95 7.02 0.0% 31.8 14.6
    07/11/16 01:01 70.53 8.52 0.0% 23.4 5.5
    07/11/16 05:01 75.93 8.48 0.0% 26.1 5.4
    07/11/16 09:01 73.49 8.58 0.0% 31.3 10.6
    07/11/16 13:01 71.69 7.85 0.0% 27.6 8.5
    07/11/16 17:01 60.11 4.20 0.0% 31.6 8.0
    07/11/16 21:01 54.20 6.23 0.0% 97.0 20.3
    08/11/16 01:01 73.47 7.80 0.0% 26.4 8.8
    08/11/16 05:01 77.77 8.64 0.0% 24.6 6.0
    08/11/16 09:01 77.55 8.54 0.0% 26.8 7.4

Do me a favour, in 4 weeks come back
    to me with these same tests.

First speed test during rain just now

98 down 8 up ping 15
    Hosted by Eir Dublin
    Do me a favour, in 4 weeks come back
    to me with these same tests.
    Dero has had imagine lte for longer than a month so you may rephrase your question to let's see a year ... ?

Morgana and happy harry have too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Hi guys and dolls, I am new to Imagine and new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. I got installed last week and so good so far. I have the router connected all over the house with power links and no real speed drop(as with my previous set up), all my devices connected perfectly except my Sky on demand. I have tried everything suggested on the net and by Sky yet all though it says on demand is connected I can't download any thing. When I click on the program, is says downloading for about 20 secs and then nothing and when I check the planner it says failed. Any help would be appreciated please.

Maybe a stupid question, if so, I apologise- do you have the sky box connected over wifi or ethernet ?
    If wifi- can you to sky settings and check the signal ? If cable can you connect something else and see if you get a good connection from that particular cable ?
    I remember I had an issue with sky as well, download speeds very low, now frantically trying to remember what I did to fix..

Advertisement