Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

lfc2000 wrote: »
    Is there no 4g within 10 miles of u. I know irishchris picks up 4g signal with an antenna from about 15 miles away. I pick mine up from 10 km away. 30mbs off peak but 3 to 7 during peak times.

There is 4g less than ten miles from me, what way would the antenna work, is it something I could install? Apologies for going off topic and the Amateur questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

K3v wrote: »
    Off topic but how do you add your phone number as payment method on Play Store?

Not sure but would like to know if someone can advise. The Xbox credit of hmvcredit is very handy too which I only found out from lfc200 yesterday. Just registered for 3plus again as forgot until there about the cheap cinema tickets etc. But main thing I'm happy to see again is a usage portal which imagine have been saying may come out soon for the last few months. Although with three you don't really need to know about usage as is not limited to a daily limit

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

ArKl0w wrote: »
    There are some here with bad experiences and others,most in fact like me with positive experiences
    My download speed off a new mast(I've only the service a week though) is above 90 for most of the day
    I've max signal though from a line of sight near the mast

Quiet a few here have recorded speeds mostly between 20 and 40 even at peak over the last two months with few exceptions
    The Op of this thread has had it since February and is very happy

There is an 18 month contract but you can get out of that for a max of €101 even at the start
    I've good 4G from three here (usually 30mb +) yet I'm on wifi all week as it's 3 times faster

Thanks for the reply . Well that news is a bit better to know as we all know u will see more online about bad signal and complaints . Can I ask how far are you from the mast straight line of sight as I think I will be 4 mile maybe 5. Will that affect my signal.

irishchris wrote: »
    Hopefully speeds continue like this but they were when I was originally with them before I moved to imagine.
    Imagine can't be any worse for you than they were for me. Hopefully less connected in your area and you should be flying it with them.
    Cheers Joe for the advice about the Xbox credit, will save me a fortune!

Ur welcome Chris any time. Thanks again for Ur help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

lfc2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply . Well that news is a bit better to know as we all know u will see more online about bad signal and complaints . Can I ask how far are you from the mast straight line of sight as I think I will be 4 mile maybe 5. Will that affect my signal.

I'm 6kms so about the same as you
    If you can see it with no trees or anything in the way,you'll be peachy:)
    It's supposed to have a limit of 13kms but someone here has it working at 23kms I think
    You won't know yourself I'd imagine to be honest

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    There is 4g less than ten miles from me, what way would the antenna work, is it something I could install? Apologies for going off topic and the Amateur questions

IrishChris is the one that technically sorted me out. I knew what I wanted and he had the gear and knowledge. Worth a chat with him. U need to buy a mimo antenna and that will also come with the 2 10 metre cables to the router u also need. A 4G router that is. U might be lucky to pick up an antenna in adverts. I know a lad in adverts who sells the routers. They cost 90 euro. The antenna is about 80 ish. Stick antenna on roof pointing at mast and cables from antenna to router and payg sim in router away u go. It is a bit of cost at first but it's worth it with the speeds u get. Ask irishchris where to buy he might know of cheaper deals

I'm 6kms so about the same as you
    If you can see it with no trees or anything in the way,you'll be peachy:)
    It's supposed to have a limit of 13kms but someone here has it working at 23kms I think
    You won't know yourself I'd imagine to be honest

That's good. I don't know where there putting it yet but there is a big hill where they r talking about putting it so I should be OK if the fitter gets on the roof. It's not on map yet as it's not live yet.

K3v wrote: »
    Off topic but how do you add your phone number as payment method on Play Store?

Try this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I sent an email to Imagine on Sunday evening about my poor peak time speeds and asked about the discrepancy between Irish and UK servers. I got no reply to the mail but coincidentally or not I noticed an improvement on Monday. Then Monday evening I got a text about "network optimisation" that was to take place on Tuesday.

Overall since Monday morning I am getting much improved peak time speeds. It has only been three evenings so far but hopefully the changes they apparently made hold and I continue to get such service. I am very happy with this if it lasts.

401208.PNG

Only 2gigs a day ? :eek: That's 1 HD movie
    Having said that I was downloading a 10 gig file today and stopped it for fear I'd go over imagines 20 gig limit
    I'll do the other half of it tomorrow

I never get in rows on boards or even let someone get to me but your post in the three forum is nothing short of petty
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057668999

We all know you are getting good speeds with imagine and delighted for you(if it continues) but to go on a three forum after been told here by me that it was a payg SIM with three, that gives you unlimited use compared to the daily limit that imagine maintain, that I and many others use and with lfc200 stating so to you yesterday in here defies belief other than trying to gain attention by three to this. Anyway rant over. Once you feel better that's OK or perhaps it was a "genuine misunderstanding"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

I never get in rows on boards or even let someone get to me but your post in the three forum is nothing short of petty

We all know you are getting good speeds with imagine and delighted for you(if it continues) but to go on a three forum after been told here by me that it was a payg SIM with three, that gives you unlimited use compared to the daily limit that imagine maintain, that I and many others use and with lfc200 stating so to you yesterday in here defies belief other than trying to gain attention by three to this. Anyway rant over. Once you feel better that's OK or perhaps it was a "genuine misunderstanding"

Oh
    My
    God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

That's not good! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh wow I just seen the attached screenshot too
    Honestly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brianer81

km79 wrote: »
    Oh
    My
    God

Some people no cop on

brianer81 wrote: »
    Some people no cop on

My thoughts exactly. Normally wouldn't let anything in here bother me but that was done with deliberate malice after been pointed out that I had a cheaper better alternative after the poor imagine experience for me; but honestly this was just underhanded

• Gloating about speeds is fair enough in moderation but then ruining it for people who can't get a decent service with Imagine
    Pretty ****ty if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

@ArKl0w

I'm one of the many, many people that depend on that 3 PAYG deal for my main broadband.

It's the only one that I can get that has anywhere near the allowance we need as a family.

Over the years I have spent given well over €500 to various mobile broadband suppliers in overage charges.

This PAYG service is a lifeline for me and for many others.

That you would purposely post that in the 3 forum is the lowest thing I've seen on boards
    on my many years here.

I'm delighted that you managed to get a decent provider but sticking the boot in like that FOR NO
    REASON is just scummy.

Bad cess to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Wow - absolute horrible move there by ArKl0w.
    Spirit of Boards..... sure what's that anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

Wow. Why would you bother?

I have 90mb with imagine too.. have been with them since beginning of September and love it. Had down time for a couple of days so called them and got sorted. Seems like I had a better experience with tech support than IrishChris. I don't however feel the need to post my speeds multiple times a day. Nor do I feel the need to go and try stick the knife in and go comment like that as you found another service.

Very underhand for what reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Wow, that was a pretty sh1tty move man. WTF? Totally uncalled for. :mad:

• Advertisement

Guys relax,will ye
    For a start,they've always known well that this goes on
    A search I done Just now has it on boards in public several times and even in the bargain alerts forum
    It's also been in the three forum before
    That's 100% in the public domain

Ye are using Android devices
    Three have no way of knowing whether it's a phone or a modem your sim is in

They can do nothing to stop you bar cancel your sim if they see a drop in service in an area caused by this which they rarely do because people just go out and get another sim
    So nothing has changed and if three has the manpower to bother trawling through 100's of prepay accounts every day,Ill eat my hat
    In fact I doubt the three rep batted an eyelid,never mind run upstairs to phone the bosses,they've better things to be doing

My thoughts exactly. Normally wouldn't let anything in here bother me but that was done with deliberate malice after been pointed out that I had a cheaper better alternative after the poor imagine experience for me; but honestly this was just underhanded

Just seen arklow post there now Chris. What the hell is he at or tryin to prove. Idiot. That makes me question his quality of broadband from imagine. Jeleous it seems to me.

• ^^You have confirmed with a public rep of the company and pointed to this thread
    And you still have the gaul to make an excuse
    WOW

Well said Chris. Its Attention seeking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Guys relax,will ye
    A search I done Just now has it on boards in public several times and even in the bargain alerts forum

They can do nothing to stop you bar cancel your sim if they see a drop in service in an area caused by this which they rarely do because people just go out and get another sim
    So nothing has changed and if three has the manpower to bother trawling through 100's of prepay accounts every day,Ill eat my hat
    In fact I doubt the three rep batted an eyelid,never mind run upstairs to phone the bosses,they've better things to be doing

If you knew all this already, tell us, what were your intentions with your post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

They can do nothing to stop you ...

They already have in the UK:

NjATiLR.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Guys relax,will ye

So why the hell bring it to their attention then??? Why does it concern you anyways?

Regardless of that notice,they can't though Sean,because android devices don't report that you're not using a phone
    They don't report that you use a hotspot either
    There are people in the U.K. Using their hotspots abroad on prepay three like home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Regardless of that notice,they can't though Sean,because android devices don't report that you're not using a phone
    They don't report that you use a hotspot either
    There are people in the U.K. Using their hotspots abroad on prepay three like home

That's simply untrue

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/47819/how-can-phone-companies-detect-tethering-incl-wifi-hotspot

• Advertisement

I think you are (deliberately) missing the points arkLOW.

Why did you go on a providers forum which has nothing to do with imagine and try to highlight this for any other reason than spite?

Advertisement