Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimise iPhone storage

• 08-02-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've noticed lately that when I click on the photos app on my phone a message pops up telling me that space is running low and 2 options are given: to optimise storage or ignore.

I don't know why I'm getting this message as I have 8GB of storage left out of my 128GB?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

8gb isn't a huge amount.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

8gb is only 6% of your full place left. I think that option starts at 10% left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

jonny24ie wrote: »
    8gb is only 6% of your full place left. I think that option starts at 10% left.

Yeah, I was thinking was it based on % of overall storage vs. an actual amount of space regardless of the storage amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

120GB used on a phone ? Jasus, you must love that camera ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Ha! Mainly music (50GB), photos and videos (30GB). You don't actually get the full 128GB to start with. I think a good few gig was given to system storage before I put anything on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ha! Mainly music (50GB), photos and videos (30GB). You don't actually get the full 128GB to start with. I think a good few gig was given to system storage before I put anything on it!
    Photo optimize feature will save you in excess of approx 25GB on your handset. Use it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have 7.9gb photos and videos and it only uses 488mb on the phone.

Advertisement