Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Hospital

Options
  • 08-02-2016 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi ladies, im wondering has anyone recently given birth in portlaoise and how was is it.
    I gave birth there in 2013 and while the nurses seemed to be on a go slow couldnt really care less attitude the midwife was brilliant i was under dr singh and she and dr doyle really looked after me, but back out on the ward we were left to our own devices but i didnt mind that the important bit was labour ward.
    I opted to go back again cause i figured after all eyes on them it would be shaken up a bit, but have read some scary stories so im looking for recent ones?
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

missmelo wrote: »
    Hi ladies, im wondering has anyone recently given birth in portlaoise and how was is it.
    I gave birth there in 2013 and while the nurses seemed to be on a go slow couldnt really care less attitude the midwife was brilliant i was under dr singh and she and dr doyle really looked after me, but back out on the ward we were left to our own devices but i didnt mind that the important bit was labour ward.
    I opted to go back again cause i figured after all eyes on them it would be shaken up a bit, but have read some scary stories so im looking for recent ones?
    Thank you

I have plenty of experience with the hospital over the last few years and in fairness they really seem to have gotten alot better with their care in general over the last 18 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Coombe management are in charge of Portlaoise maternity now. I'd have no qualms about attending them if the care is anything like the Coombe's is and they run a tight ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I had a very traumatic birth there in 2012, it was in the hiqa investigation, due to give birth there again in 8 weeks and not too worried, they have had a huge overhall, I've been put in a high risk bracket now and am being closely watched but I'm going to make sure this time I voice every concern and worry.

Advertisement