Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

News on the delay of the 30 kWh MY2016 Leaf?

• 08-02-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Since my other thread on the Leaf delay has now derailed into thorium and wind farms, here is a fresh one for those who have any information to share regarding the long delay in Nissan Ireland (and Nissan Europe) releasing the MY2016 30 kWh Leaf. Since mine has been impounded at Barlo Kilkenny for a month now, I am keen to know when anyone else gets new info on this.

The latest I have heard, this morning, is that, as expected, further news is to be released on Wed 10 Feb, by which time, in theory, new TCU units will have been shipped to the dealers to replace those in the already delivered cars. However, there is still the question of the back-end software not being ready.

Anyone with anything to share on this issue? Pretty please: no thorium, wind, solar, politics or fascinating facts about electric showers on this thread. Please delete your own duplicate posts for a bonus prize. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Rafal, if I'm understanding you correctly, this has now turned into a hardware issue ? and not just a software issue as I was lead to believe by Nissan Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

New TCUs are supposed to start shipping tomorrow. But the software is not ready yet, estimate I got was end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

steelboots wrote: »
    Rafal, if I'm understanding you correctly, this has now turned into a hardware issue ? and not just a software issue as I was lead to believe by Nissan Ireland.

That is correct, the issue was both in hardware and software. The existing TCU (Telematics Communication Unit) will spontaneously reset itself and reboot, in the process, unfortunately, losing it configuration data. As a result, it can no longer authenticate to Nissan back-end servers, and it can no longer receive commands, such as "start heating". It can still receive information that does not require authentication, such as downloading charge point locations and maps.

Last week Nissan dealers were told than a new TCU (or its component) has been sourced and would be sent to the dealers this week, however, as cros13 mentioned, the software for it was still in development.

Hopefully my unbuilt 30 kwh will have a fix direct from Saunderland.

Probably a March delivery date at this stage.

The new Head unit has 3G doesn't it ?

Hopefully my unbuilt 30 kwh will have a fix direct from Saunderland.

Probably a March delivery date at this stage.

The new Head unit has 3G doesn't it ?

• Advertisement

Yup, the new TCU supports 3G.

I've been told Thursday/Friday as the arrival day for the new TCUs in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

from two sources on speak ev:

1----"got a call from nissans CS yesterday (same bloke who threatened to call the police)

Problem identified, parts being shipped next week - will need to take car in mid Feb for update"

2----"Nissan CS phoned me today at 5.30 and informed me that there still no news on a fix or delivery date!"

What the hell is going on, Two conflicting pieces of information from Nissan CS. If Nissan CS cant get it together how are we as customers expect to understand whats going on.

We need Nissan to contact all customers and be open and honest with us about the issues and the solutions and more importantly when we can expect our cars. We are giving them close to €30K of our hard earned money.

RGS wrote: »
    from two sources on speak ev:

(same bloke who threatened to call the police)

What's that about, did I miss something ?

Didn't ask the poster what thats about. I was more interested in the conflicting information coming from Nissan CS,

• Advertisement

At lease RGS your getting calls. I can't believe as customer they are giving me dates as to when the car will be ready (given a date about 2 weeks ago of Feb 10 i.e. today) and they haven't even the decency to ring/e-mail with an update. I am on the verge of pulling out. Not prepared to do business with some one who doesn't give a dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

It really is becoming a joke. I ordered my car in October I have had only one phone call from the dealer in relation to the delay. The whole new car feel has gone out the window. Sick of people asking "any word on the new car". Nissan customer service is sh!t, it really is.

At lease RGS your getting calls. I can't believe as customer they are giving me dates as to when the car will be ready (given a date about 2 weeks ago of Feb 10 i.e. today) and they haven't even the decency to ring/e-mail with an update. I am on the verge of pulling out. Not prepared to do business with some one who doesn't give a dam.

Steelboots---not getting calls just reading speak ev forum where the UK users appear to be getting info from Nissan CS, even if that info is conflicting.

Check out Speak EV theres more info and discussion as there are more affected users in the UK than here.

There are people in UK, and in Ireland, who got their cars released from the hold. If you have been affected, talk to your dealer and mention that you saw here that someone had their car released (see the post about Nissan Belgard for example) in UK and in Ireland.

More info on speakev.com.

They gave him a loaner car as due to the delay he no longer had a vehicle. Nissan rang him the next day to demand the loaner car back and threatened to call the police.

another one for the 1001 reasons to buy a Tesla list...

baktag wrote: »
    It really is becoming a joke. I ordered my car in October I have had only one phone call from the dealer in relation to the delay. The whole new car feel has gone out the window. Sick of people asking "any word on the new car". Nissan customer service is sh!t, it really is.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of people asking me about it, and of course being an EV there is heightened interest. Nissan are not doing them selves any favors as I'm being open and honest with people and how I'm being treated.

As well as that my neighbors all have they shiny new cars. I'm sending a stinker of an e-mail to Nissan (again !) about this treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

I too was given a date of Feb. 10th for a car ordered in early December and originally promised for 2nd - 3rd week in Jan. but not a word today from the dealer.
    If this is what Nissan's pre sale customer Service is like I shudder to think what their after sales service is like.
    Like others, I'm starting to wonder should I just forget about the new car and go buy a 2nd hand diesel instead - From anybody but Nissan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Guys , it fair to say that Nissan , where never much good at CS. why you expect them to be better just because its a Leaf.

Anyway the contact point should be the dealer, not Nissan. they should be maintaining their customer relation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Guys , it fair to say that Nissan , where never much good at CS. why you expect them to be better just because its a Leaf.

Anyway the contact point should be the dealer, not Nissan. they should be maintaining their customer relation.

feichin wrote: »
    I too was given a date of Feb. 10th for a car ordered in early December and originally promised for 2nd - 3rd week in Jan. but not a word today from the dealer.
    If this is what Nissan's pre sale customer Service is like I shudder to think what their after sales service is like.
    Like others, I'm starting to wonder should I just forget about the new car and go buy a 2nd hand diesel instead - From anybody but Nissan

If your dealer is not helpful, you have two more options: get a better dealer (Paul from Barlo Kilkenny was amazing for me) or call Nissan Ireland and ask the nice lady to transfer you so that you can make a complaint about the way you were treated. It worked for a few people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nissan Ireland don't get updates from Nissan Europe from my experience, not defending them in any shape or form but the issue is outside of Ireland when it comes to communications.

Villain wrote: »
    Nissan Ireland don't get updates from Nissan Europe from my experience, not defending them in any shape or form but the issue is outside of Ireland when it comes to communications.

But they are responsible for Nissan communication in Ireland, and they are surprisingly able to make decisions regardless of Nissan Europe stance. I strongly recommend chatting to them if your order has been affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

Does any one know what is not going to work on the cars that are being released with out the fix applied? Will Sat Nav and the integrated list of chargers work? Is it just the remote app that is effected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

What annoying me is that we'll be getting a 161 car in time for the 162 registrations.. Not good!!

feichin wrote: »

I certainly could understand the Frustration , I couldn't care less now because I already have a Leaf and it's no big deal to be but I'd be going mad I suppose if it was my first one.

Hang in there, you won't regret it, however if you do wait and get a diesel then the 60 Kwh will be here in 2 years, but imo when you get the Leaf you will be really glad you didn't get the diesel, the EV is a completely different driving experience.

Scottie99 wrote: »
    What annoying me is that we'll be getting a 161 car in time for the 162 registrations.. Not good!!

5 months away ? for 162.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

5 months away ? for 162.

Agreed but we haven't got the car yet. Promised in January and March is just around the corner. Have we been given any dates yet?

I'll post some info tomorrow.... need to check some things out with another source.

This was posted by Nissan GB on speak ev:

"Since the identification of an issue affecting the performance of the NissanConnect EV telematics system in the new MY16 LEAF, Nissan has made every effort to find a solution to remedy the issue. We can now confirm that we will begin the process of fixing affected vehicles this week and that dealers will be in touch with customers shortly to organise the delivery of their vehicles.

Quality and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and this is why we took the difficult decision to delay deliveries so that the issue affecting the performance of the NissanConnect EV telematics system could be rectified. We again apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience over this time"

so cars should be available in time to meet the UK new reg plates which begins March 1st---Coincidence or what?

• Advertisement

This was posted by Nissan GB on speak ev:

"Since the identification of an issue affecting the performance of the NissanConnect EV telematics system in the new MY16 LEAF, Nissan has made every effort to find a solution to remedy the issue. We can now confirm that we will begin the process of fixing affected vehicles this week and that dealers will be in touch with customers shortly to organise the delivery of their vehicles.

Quality and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and this is why we took the difficult decision to delay deliveries so that the issue affecting the performance of the NissanConnect EV telematics system could be rectified. We again apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience over this time"

so cars should be available in time to meet the UK new reg plates which begins March 1st---Coincidence or what?

Advertisement