Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

News on the delay of the 30 kWh MY2016 Leaf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Facebook group user said:
    Just got a call from the dealership and the Leaf should be ready by the end of next week. Goodwill 1years tax, 3 years service and a free boot liner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Fastpud wrote: »
    Does any one know what is not going to work on the cars that are being released with out the fix applied? Will Sat Nav and the integrated list of chargers work? Is it just the remote app that is effected?

Satnav works well, and the new voice is so much nicer. The charger list is incomplete, so use the few hours that connectivity works to update the areas that matter to you, then when it stops updating, you will just rely on what has been downloaded. Of course all remote stuff, or whatever requires connectivity, like reading RSS feeds, will not work. Is there anything specific you were concerned about, perhaps I could answer?

The car is just fine, pretty fab, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Villain wrote: »
    Facebook group user said:

Next thing they will be throwing in air freshners next. Boot liners, I'm not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

steelboots wrote: »
    Next thing they will be throwing in air freshners next. Boot liners, I'm not impressed.

Nor am I, I would expect at least 3 years road tax and 3 years servicing, and then throw in a number of accessories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Rafal wrote: »
    Satnav works well, and the new voice is so much nicer. The charger list is incomplete, so use the few hours that connectivity works to update the areas that matter to you, then when it stops updating, you will just rely on what has been downloaded. Of course all remote stuff, or whatever requires connectivity, like reading RSS feeds, will not work. Is there anything specific you were concerned about, perhaps I could answer?

The car is just fine, pretty fab, actually.

does anyone know , what exactly is the problem. seems crazy to think Nissan didn't test the comms

• Advertisement

Picking up car up next Tuesday. THE units going to the dealers today. Light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

RGS wrote: »
    Picking up car up next Tuesday. THE units going to the dealers today. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi what dealer? Out of interest

Airside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

Just picked up my 2016 30kw Leaf today in Dublin! Not sure how I was allowed to, but hey, who cares, battered ICE gone and a shiny new starship enterprise sitting in my drive charging happily. First few hours of it and I'm super happy. Tried out fast charging and went from 22% to 90% in 29 minutes! Whats amazing is that Nissan Connect is fully working and downloading from the Nissan servers. Will try the app later and post how I get on.

RGS wrote: »
    Airside

Thanks for the that collecting car Tuesday
    Road tax,servicing and boot liner thrown in

• Advertisement

Just picked up my 2016 30kw Leaf today in Dublin! Not sure how I was allowed to, but hey, who cares, battered ICE gone and a shiny new starship enterprise sitting in my drive charging happily. First few hours of it and I'm super happy. Tried out fast charging and went from 22% to 90% in 29 minutes! Whats amazing is that Nissan Connect is fully working and downloading from the Nissan servers. Will try the app later and post how I get on.

22-90% in 29 mins ! brilliant ! That would be about 45 mins in the 24 kwh !

Best thing is that 29 mins will take you 80-90 miles in the 30 Kwh compared to 50-60 miles in the 24 Kwh.

By the way, congrats ! :D

Well done! Do you have the new TCU or do you have to go back?

I suppose it is now "safe" for me to let you know that I have been immensely enjoying my 30 kWh Leaf for the last week thanks to Barlo Nissan getting it released. But I am sure you have figured it out from my posts anyway. :)

Regards from Belfast: 290 km with just two quick rapid charges (50-90 25 mins and 30-90 33 mins) with 128 kph on motorways, occasionally heavy rain. The cabin comfort is amazing, and the new UI so much better. I like the new satnav voice a lot, feels like BBC is giving me proper directions now, whilst the previous model (apologies to all <MY2016) was more like Vicky Pollard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

No I have to go back for the TCU, however all working for now. I suppose it will fail at some point.
    Free road Tax ( from Nissan) and no upgrade costs on the insurance were unexpected so the pain was minimised.
    Heading west this weekend so will see how I get on with range & FC

No I have to go back for the TCU, however all working for now. I suppose it will fail at some point.
    Free road Tax ( from Nissan) and no upgrade costs on the insurance were unexpected so the pain was minimised.
    Heading west this weekend so will see how I get on with range & FC

Same here with insurance, despite car value going up from some 7k to 34k! Hope it remains low at renewal in a month or so. I suppose we are lucky no one quite wants to steal an EV just yet. Tax, boot liner and service are nice freebies, but not worth as much as what the French got for their inconvenience: a free 32A wall pod with installation, priced at €1200-1800.

Enjoy the drive. I am enjoying mine like no car ever before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I picked up the new 30kWh Leaf with the new TCU fitted yesterday. The first shipment of new TCUs arrived at Nissan HQ at 2PM and mine was the first fitted.

Pretty good so far. Left the dealer on 96% battery and reset the trip meter, did a few errands in Dublin and hit the M7, did 120kmh with the heating on the whole way. Pulled into the Portlaoise Midway rapid with 40% remaining and 62km indicated range after 105km on the trip. Ambient temperature 4C and the battery was cold.

Nissan has made a few undocumented tweaks. Brake feathers in and is nowhere near as harsh as the 141. Boot lid is much lighter and takes more force to close.

cros13 wrote: »
    I picked up the new 30kWh Leaf with the new TCU fitted yesterday. The first shipment of new TCUs arrived at Nissan HQ at 2PM and mine was the first fitted.

Pretty good so far. Left the dealer on 96% battery and reset the trip meter, did a few errands in Dublin and hit the M7, did 120kmh with the heating on the whole way. Pulled into the Portlaoise Midway rapid with 40% remaining and 62km indicated range after 105km on the trip. Ambient temperature 4C and the battery was cold.

Nissan has made a few undocumented tweaks. Brake feathers in and is nowhere near as harsh as the 141. Boot lid is much lighter and takes more force to close.

Well wear !

That's good going at these recent temps !

regen stronger than 30 Kw by any chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

regen stronger than 30 Kw by any chance ?

Nope. same as the 2014 as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I like the improvements to the touchscreen and menu layout.

I still cant understand with all the bells and whistles why self dipping internal mirrors are not on the SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

BoatMad wrote: »

I still cant understand with all the bells and whistles why self dipping internal mirrors are not on the SV

I can't understand it either. Not available at all as I have an SVE and it doesn't have it. I asked the sales guy in Belgard when on a test drive and he said it was to save on power.....complete BS as the amount of draw an auto dipping mirror would use is miniscule. Furthermore, it comes as standard on the SV spec in the US. Is it something that could be retrofitted easily enough? I'm guessing it would just need a 12V feed. Perhaps a fed could be taken from the auto wipers feed which is located in the same area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Well good news. Received an email confirming I'll receive my new Leaf Thursday or Friday this week. As a way of apology, I'm getting the free Tax, Boot liner and the Supagard for the paint and interior.

• Advertisement

Picked mine with this afternoon, great to get my hands on the vehicle after the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Me too, love it !

Me three :) currently in work, trying the work charging point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone done a long trip with their 30kWh Leaf yet? What kind of range are people seeing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Well good news. Received an email confirming I'll receive my new Leaf Thursday or Friday this week. As a way of apology, I'm getting the free Tax, Boot liner and the Supagard for the paint and interior.

Regarding my news - I received a call last Thursday, "Erm Scott, your car isn't your car, it's someone else's. Yours will be in week of 29/2."

Meh!:mad:

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone done a long trip with their 30kWh Leaf yet? What kind of range are people seeing?

Yes, a few of us. 170 km longest city drive, 125 km average range with motorways, 100 km worst case at 128 kph indicated in heavy rain, headwind and cold. All with heating on.

See the first few posts on this thread (before it got derailed into diesel vs EV): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057561069

It's interesting to check out the carwings/connect site and look at your total efficiency per trip.

My consumption varies from 15 Kwh/100 km - 22 Kwh /100 kms, this would be driving about 130 kph. Which would match Rafal's observation above, probably heavy wind and rain also.

Traffic greatly helps efficiency.

The difference between 100 Kph -120-130 is very noticeable.

I drive pretty fast over my 135 Km round trip because with the work charge point I couldn't care less about range/efficiency etc.

Driving at 110 Kph isn't that much of an inconvenience if I have to or even 100 Kph. If the long thrips aren't that frequent then I think it's more than tolerable. The fact the 30 Kwh charges faster from the fast charger is a big plus too !

I'm looking at my highest consumption for my commute last week was 19.9 Kwh/100 kms over 135 kms. I drove up @ 100-110 Kph and then 110-130 home. This was the 18th Feb, can't remember the weather.

So at 19.9 Kwh/100 kms and 28 kwh usable (for the 30Kwh battery) that would be 3.11 miles per Kwh or 5.0 Kwh per Kwh .

That's 84 miles between 100-120 kph. Or 140 kms or roughly the max of my commute.

Of course this is the range to running out of power so I always say you need to be plugged in 10 kms before this. This is 30 kms more than the 24 Kwh at this efficiency. 5.0 kms /Kwh x 22 usable for the 24 Kwh = 110 kms to empty.

Anyway based on this efficiency then you could determine the range of the 60 Kwh battery ,how much usable is anyones guess but we'll go with say 57 Kwh ? so 5.0 kms per Kwh x 57 kwh = 287 kms. That's good improvement !

The 30 kwh charges from the fast charger in the same time ,30 mins as the 24 Kwh from low battery warning, the difference is that 80% in the 30 Kwh is a little more than 100% charged for the 24 Kwh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I think some of your kwh and kms are in the wrong place, but I get the jist of what you are saying. Its very usefull to have this type of real world use info.

macnab wrote: »
    I think some of your kwh and kms are in the wrong place, but I get the jist of what you are saying. Its very usefull to have this type of real world use info.

Sorted thanks ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

I'm doing 100km to work (& 100km back) and using 64 > 67 % of the 30 Kwh charge each way, mostly 80 >100 kph driving. I've no real idea how good or bad this is.
    Again, I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right yet but the battery seems to be taking longer to recharge than I expected 35% > 100% seems to be taking 4 hrs with a 6.6 charger.
    Maybe some of the "old heads" around here could offer an opinion?

Advertisement