Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12th Lock

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought this madness was put to bed already. Unless you have a dog in the fight why bother take things so personally, and maybe drop the sales pitch in every post you make about the place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

esteril wrote: »
    If "amdublin" is Category Moderator and he makes a comment as he does at post No. 417 then I for one do not want to make any further contributions to this this thread. There have been allegations made against the new Management of the 12th Lock Hotel on this forum which are completely groundless. It appears that those who are charged with moderating this forum are supporting the views of those who are asserting that unauthorised development is being undertaken at the 12th Lock Hotel. There is no basis for such an assertion but it would be particularly appropriate if those making those allegations were to provide evidence for same on this forum. If not perhaps the Moderators would be gracious enough to acknowledge that there is no basis for the allegations made here against the new owners of the 12th Lock Hotel and Restaurant.

amdublin is neither a moderator of this forum nor a CMod of the region forum, and as such is simply a regular poster like yourself here. As regards the assertion that the mods of this forum are supporting the views of one side over another, that is complete nonsense. There has been far too much rubbish posted on both sides of the argument already, which led to the inevitable closure of this thread previously, and if it carries on I'm simply going to lock this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Went in on way home from Croker yesterday and I liked the changes to the bar and the drink was good - I didn't think the food was as good as I have had in the past.

Food in Brady's would still be better IMO.

Nice to see it back open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Here's the new facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/The12thLock/?fref=ts

14333597_570069576510190_4891561911799426341_n.jpg?oh=eda15dfa65be785090b6acc28a2d94a7&oe=586DFC26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

i'm glad they put the FISH in there, i never would have figured out what the logo was otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Whats the beer selection like? Any decent craft beer on tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

This is so bad it's not funny. Dropped in for lunch at 12.25. Ordered steak. Arrived at 13.35. Asked re a steak knife. Blank look. A what? Ladies ordered seafood chowder... We don't serve fish today. All tshirts say fish. Still waiting on water. Ordered glass of wine and was told it'd be a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

amtc wrote: »
    This is so bad it's not funny. Dropped in for lunch at 12.25. Ordered steak. Arrived at 13.35. Asked re a steak knife. Blank look. A what? Ladies ordered seafood chowder... We don't serve fish today. All tshirts say fish. Still waiting on water. Ordered glass of wine and was told it'd be a while.

Why did you wait 70 mins for an order? No matter what you ordered, after 40 mins if its not I'm front of you, leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

In there now. Looks nice and feels bigger inside but it's pretty much the same layout. Delighted to see they got rid of uncomfortable seating that was just inside door to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

py2006 wrote: »
    In there now. Looks nice and feels bigger inside but it's pretty much the same layout. Delighted to see they got rid of uncomfortable seating that was just inside door to the left.

What's the food menu like? Beer selection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I dropped in yesterday, it is a brilliant addition to the hospitality industry in Dublin 15. Outdoor area is pretty much as it was under previous management. Hotel part has not opened and may not do so for a month or so. There is an area reserved for an additional seafood restaurant which they hope to open next month too. No ice cream shack or anything like that but I suppose that will come on stream later on. I was struck by the number of people who are employed now in the 12th Lock. Not surprising that the majority of local politicians are supportive of this enterprise.

Ah seriously now?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭esteril

Ah seriously now Rosser are you against additional hospitality facilities in this Country and in Dublin 15 in particular. Perhaps it is all the additional employment for young people in this region you are against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I for one do not want to make any further contributions to this this thread..

Well that certainly did not last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can't help wonder if this baiting and derailing is intended to get the thread locked and silence any discussion on the issues raised.

Which would be a pity as I wouldn't hear when they start back doing the breakfast at the weekend. So we could test it. Purely to report back for information purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

beauf wrote: »
    Can't help wonder if this baiting and derailing is intended to get the thread locked and silence any discussion on the issues raised.

Which would be a pity as I wouldn't hear when they start back doing the breakfast at the weekend. So we could test it. Purely to report back for information purposes.

My thoughts exactly, perhaps it's best we all not engage with said poster.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I liked the 12th lock in the past, when they had Grolsch beugelflessen and Nasi Goreng.

Ordering Grolsch is a pita when you are Dutch and pronounce it right, no one knows wtf you are saying.

Trip to the toilets wasnt one of the easier ones, once you had too many beugelflessen. I think there is still someone i know missing who went to pee.

And then the food went from actually very good to mediocre at best and the beugelflessen also disappeared. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

donaghs wrote: »
    What's the food menu like? Beer selection?

Didnt get to see food menu. The staff all look new and apprehensive which understandable. beer selection looked standard. Although I couldnt see some of the taps.

The toilets are now much closer. Beforehand you needed a map, hiking boots and Bear Grylls skills to get to the jacks.

py2006 wrote: »
    Didnt get to see food menu. The staff all look new and apprehensive which understandable. beer selection looked standard. Although I couldnt see some of the taps.
    The most interesting beers on tap i saw were Galway hooker and one of the 5 lamps.

The coffee i ordered took 10 mins to arrive (black americano). Fingers crossed the service gets better. but thus far, not too impress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

My thoughts exactly, perhaps it's best we all not to engage with said poster.

The secret to continuing to view this thread...

I8l3AiF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I wonder what happened the old staff...any hired back or did they just lose their jobs when it closed?
    (Hopefully they are settled somewhere else at this stage)

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    I wonder what happened the old staff...any hired back or did they just lose their jobs when it closed?
    (Hopefully they are settled somewhere else at this stage)

I know one of the guys was working up in Castello Bruno at one stage. But havent seen him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lostkeys

If the Hotel is not open how is the Bar operating I understood it was a hotel licence on these premises which requires 10 Bedrooms to be operational

There are 10 Bedrooms as before and when fully operational these will be in use. I'm not sure whether any comments which are not disparaging towards the place are permitted but there appears to be no bigger impact on the amenities of anybody residing in the immediate vicinity than was the case with the original premises.

I just asked as It was stated Hotel was not open so if Hotel not open how is Bar operational under a Hotel Licence

It is the Licensing Laws which permit this. One can always de-commission any part of a Hotel premises for the purpose of upgrade repair while the other areas remain open. Many Hotels close most of their rooms in the post Christmas period but do not necessarily close the licensed areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Arciphel wrote: »
    The secret to continuing to view this thread...

I8l3AiF.png

Excellent idea Arciphel, I have also included our newest contributor as well.

IDIY6YU.jpg

That must be a record on the ignore list after 2 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

I was down in the 12th lock on Sunday evening. Myself and a friend were waiting a good few minutes until we were presented with menus. I had the Cajun chicken burger and my friend had the beef burger, both tasted nice these were washed down with a hop house 13 and a Heineken .

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Ah seriously now Rosser are you against additional hospitality facilities in this Country and in Dublin 15 in particular. Perhaps it is all the additional employment for young people in this region you are against.

Will you be in the Gaity this Christmas? You should you know because you've made this thread a complete pantomime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ok folks what happened to attack the posts not the poster? Keep it civil & report where necessary.
    Also, its fine to put someone on ignore but keep it to yourself, posting about it just doesnt seem fair

Advertisement