Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12th Lock

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

sign still on door. Apparently a security guard is there also, but i've seen nothing.

Latest random rumour is that someone from eastenders has bought it. though my inlaws told me that, and i couldnt stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

sign still on door. Apparently a security guard is there also, but i've seen nothing.

Latest random rumour is that someone from eastenders has bought it. though my inlaws told me that, and i couldnt stop laughing.

I heard NAMA ! Stories, eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I heard NAMA and Ben Dunne...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Has it re-opened yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

py2006 wrote: »
    Has it re-opened yet?

Still not open when I passed by yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

Website seems back online. And telephone number from the website is ringing but no answer.
    Was interested in accommodation for some guests. Anyone know if they are open as yet?

wandererz wrote: »
    Website seems back online. And telephone number from the website is ringing but no answer.
    Was interested in accommodation for some guests. Anyone know if they are open as yet?

I walked passed it on Thurs and it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Rumour has it the sale fell through and there are negotiations with the underbider who are supposed to be the people behind De Brúin's, Castello Bruno etc

Rosser wrote: »
    Rumour has it the sale fell through and there are negotiations with the underbider who are supposed to be the people behind De Brúin's, Castello Bruno etc

Not sure if this is good news or bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

Any updates on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've no update but it's unfortunate that the area is missing out on a great beer garden canal side location over the last few weeks of glorious weather for al fresco dining/drinking. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

Shame, it was a decent spot for a drink when the sun decided to rear its head alright.

I heard the issue is with regards the hotel more so than the restaurant part.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

py2006 wrote: »
    I heard the issue is with regards the hotel more so than the restaurant part.

The hotel is kinda pointless. If they reopened as good quality gastropub with a bit of outdoor space they'd coin it. The old reputation for decent grub will fade away soon enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

As far as I can remember, they originally could only get permission to open if it was a hotel plus bar rather than a stand-alone pub. Not sure if that would still be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

miamee wrote: »
    As far as I can remember, they originally could only get permission to open if it was a hotel plus bar rather than a stand-alone pub. Not sure if that would still be the case.

That might be solvable if the Bradys' redevelopment goes ahead.

http://rodericogorman.com/?p=2329

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The hotel is kinda pointless. If they reopened as good quality gastropub with a bit of outdoor space they'd coin it. The old reputation for decent grub will fade away soon enough.

I was ill several times after eating there, always thought their food reputation was way over rated

athtrasna wrote: »
    I was ill several times after eating there, always thought their food reputation was way over rated

I ate there a minimum of once a month, and my in laws once a week.

Never got sick once.

I ate there a minimum of once a month, and my in laws once a week.

Never got sick once.

There is no denying that the quality of food took a definite nosedive over quite a period before closure.

• Advertisement

I almost proposed to one of their burgers one evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It was our company's go to spot for taking visitors out for work lunches. Never got bad food there. There was never anything overly exciting but it was tasty and decent portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

And yet it appears you kept going back. Glutton for punishment perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Walked past it this morning, work being done on the place so hopefully will open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

With the greatest respect, why keep going back again & again if the food made you ill?

Ate there a few times myself & never had an issue, didn't win any awards but didn't stand out as being in anyway poor fare, average at worst I'd say, admittedly though hadn't been there in about a year before it closed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

And yet it appears you kept going back. Glutton for punishment perhaps?

Was told that it had improved, and it hadn't. It stopped being my food destination of choice after the first incident.

bkeane wrote: »
    Walked past it this morning, work being done on the place so hopefully will open soon.

What work? Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

dodzy wrote: »
    What work? Anyone ?

They were power-hosing the car park and all seats under canopy were moved. Didn't see any work being done on the inside but could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

dodzy wrote: »
    What work? Anyone ?

They have lifted all the decking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A digger appeared to be breaking up the decking.

And there was a guy in the car park cutting the wall between the car park and the railway! I will probably see the results when I pass by this afternoon.

Advertisement