Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail course assignments?

Options
  • 08-02-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,
    Im a first year student studying Construction Management and just got my Christmas exam results. I managed to pass everything including written exams, but somehow I managed to fail the "Computers" Module with Ray Turner.

Beside my result it just says "Repeat Assessment 1". The ambiguity of this statement is driving me nuts. I tried contacting him but it's almost impossible, doesn't answer email or the phone and is nowhere to be seen on campus.

I guess I'm just wondering, what happens if, like me, you fail a module that's just assignments and not an actual written exam? Will I have to repeat the class next September? Will I have to be there in August? Can I transfer credits and if so, how?

Both fates frighten me as I'm in America next summer and I'm also applying for Erasmus for the September-December 2016 semester.

Anyone got any advice/help at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You should have a class rep - you need to tell them what is going on. They will be able to contact the right people and make sure that you are informed on what is going on. If you can't find a lecturer sometimes contacting the Assistant Head of Department is helpful.

Advertisement