Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i tell...

• 08-02-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all,

just a quick query, i have started saving for a mortgage and i have my first meeting in my bank with a mortgage advisor. i hoping to outline the steps i need to take in the coming years to successfully get a mortgage application approved.

I have noticed from using one or two online mortgage calculators that the fact that im a single father seems to drive up the deposit needed.. quite substantially!!. My query is, is it a big deal if i do not tell the banks that i have a child?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you would need to tell them you have dependents.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

are there any repercussions if i do not tell them? how would they know if i do not tell them?

thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

blueb wrote: »
    are there any repercussions if i do not tell them? how would they know if i do not tell them?

thanks

They'll look at your bank statements and estimate that you are spending over means just for one person i.e child care costs can be very high

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

ok , thanks for that

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Supplying false information on a loan application is fraud. You sign a declaration at the end stating that you declare the information you provided is true and accurate.

Threads looking for information on how to falsify loan applications are not permitted on this forum, please read the Charter before posting.

Toots wrote: »
    No Dishonest Dealings.
    Don't ask how to get around repaying debts/defaulting/giving false information for loans etc - basically if it's not above board, and legal, it's not allowed. This includes advising posters to do it/how to do it.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement