Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting Cert Exams (ITIL, CompTIA, etc.)

Options
  • 08-02-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not knocking the forum but the stickies on where to look for certification courses etc. seem a tad outdated.

I'm looking to move on in my career, however experience isn't enough. My plan is to book the exams, then work towards them.

Just wondering if anybody has information on the best places where I can sit these exams online or in Cork/Dublin. Anything I've seen from briefly searching online seems to point towards 2-3 day courses for the bones of a grand which I could do without.

Simply want to sit the exam.

Would appreciate any advice you fine folks have to offer.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I sit all my Pearson exams, e.g VMware and Cisco in the Cork Education and Training board, just opposite CIT.

Easiest way to find out is to find out who the examination company is e.g Prometric/Pearson and check their websites for test center locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Some of the centres you can be waiting up to a month to sit an exam so have a look around at different centres

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nice one all, thought CIT had a place alright but obviously didn't search thoroughly enough. Appreciate the responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I sit mine in the Institute Public Administration, Dublin but I know that Blanchardstown IT also do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Exam Centre in Leopardstown. They open on Saturdays also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Just spotted this thread as I was answering another. Peoplecert.org (no affiliation) offer web proctored exams which you can take from anywhere.

I have no personal experience o with Peoplecert but have used similar(webasessor). I'd imagine it's a similar setup in that you'll need a free standing webcam a microphone and a decent internet connection. It's a bit of a faff the first time as you'll inevitably end up receiving instructions to tweak the camera position but it's still a darn site easier than trudging into a test centre.

Advertisement