Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static gas & electricity bill question

Options
  • 08-02-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Since a year I'm renting a room in the house where gas & electricity bills are always the same amount, around 210 euro per 2 months. Now I'm not sure how this payment system is called, but I'd gather at the end of the year there must be some sort of compensation? Either you overpaid or underpaid and gotta get square with electric ireland.

Is that the case, and if it is when do you usually get the bill for it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its called Level Pay- and typically you'd get a balancing statement either annually- or at the end of the contract (I'm on a 24 month contract with Bord Gais at the moment- for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MyPeopleNeedMe

Alright thanks a lot, I hope they can issue it on request too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They can re-evaluate the further bills to take account of it. Bord Gais dropped mine midway through due to a price drop / PSO levy drop and under-expected usage.

You need to make sure it is, in fact, a level pay arrangement and not a case of the meters never being read and permanent fixed estimates.

Advertisement