Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing Payments

• 08-02-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help me. Ive been seperated from my ex wife for over 2 years. Things when we seperated were very bitter and we dont talk to each other whatsoever except by text and only if its directly in relation to the children. Everything else she has insisted is done through solicitors.
    Recently i found out my new partner is pregnant and so i am looking to reduce my child maintainence payments. My problem is that i have been completely drained financially by paying for solicitors and cannot afford one for this. (her solicitor is a friend of hers who charges her very little compared to the going rate)
    The amount i'm currently paying was decided after i did a statement of means. basically every penny i have left over after normal bills goes to her for the kids even though she earns more than double what i do.

My question really is.
    1) how do i go about seeking a reduction in payments myself through the courts without a solicitor?
    2) i'm looking to reduce them by 1/3 of what i'm currently paying. how realistic is this?

any info or help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement