Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferns Bridge /Green, Monasterevin.

Options
  • 08-02-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Thinking of moving to Monasterevin and buying a new property in the above estate. Anyone have experience of these estates? Is Monasterevin a good area to live with small children? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marian90

scarbouro wrote: »
    Thinking of moving to Monasterevin and buying a new property in the above estate. Anyone have experience of these estates? Is Monasterevin a good area to live with small children? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ☺

Hi there I'm living in ferns bridge 4 years now and it's a very quiet estate that is very well kept. Recently has had some speed ramps put in. I also have a little boy and I wouldn't dream if raising him an where else. Very child friendly.
    there is not much to do in the town it's self but once you have a car to tip around its all good and if not there is plenty of public transport.
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

Lovely friendly little town. There are things to do, good sporting clubs, canal and river Barrow for fishing,boating and walking, public park and forest walks, award winning pubs, excellent children's playground. a couple of restaurants (mainly Chinese) and a lot more.

Ok it's a small town so doesn't have cinemas nor bowling alley's but being a small town is one of it's best attractions. And if you're looking for things like that, they're not far away in Newbridge, Kildare town and Portlaoise.

Excellent public transport links including Dublin coach (the Green Bus) that charges €1 to any stop as far as Naas (at the moment) down from €2. Runs hourly near 24/7.

I have cousin's living in Ferns Bridge and they love it.

2 minutes to M7, a decent supermarket, good schools. You will be glad you moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

Will be moving in in June, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 zeroplay

Anyone know what the broadband service is like? thinking of moving there but will be working from home a lot so need good broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Does the area be prone to flooding ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement