Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2016

Options
  • 08-02-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

3 seats and only 6 names on the ballot paper so far ????

Only 5 different options party wise.

An interesting few weeks ahead.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

http://irishpoliticalmaps.blogspot.ie/2015/12/2016-general-election-candidates-laois.html

1 of only 3 constituencies not to have an independent candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    http://irishpoliticalmaps.blogspot.ie/2015/12/2016-general-election-candidates-laois.html

1 of only 3 constituencies not to have an independent candidate.

Yes i noticed that was well. Going for election is an expensive business and if you don't start with a high public profile its tough to get your name out there against the main parties and their people.

Also i feel that independent have little voice in the "system". Lets face it the country would struggle to run if the government was made up of them. As much as i hate the party system as least them mainly row in the same direction even if i don't always agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Is there any point? Can easily see the three being returned... Want Kate Bopp???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

mansize wrote: »
    Is there any point? Can easily see the three being returned... Want Kate Bopp???

I would agree to a point. It will all depend on where transfers from Flanagan go. Will they be sent to his running partner or to Whelan from Labour ????

I just looked up Kate Bopp, each to their own.

Advertisement