Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on video deconstruction (into frames) and reconstruction

Options
  • 08-02-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭

This is probably a pretty straightforward request, but it's quite an important project I'm working on so please forgive me for indulging in a separate thread.

I am presenting a vision experiment that requires adding white noise to video files, on a frame by frame basis. The noiseless videos are already made, are comprised of 15 frames and are 500ms long.

I can add the noise to static images in MATLAB, this is not a problem.

However I would like (ideally a freeware!) software that would do the deconstruction and reconstruction of the video files for me.

So the best programme to run steps A and C below:

Step A:
    1. Load in the video files (.avi format)
    2. Output and save 15 individual image files for each of the frames (any format really, I can work with, png, tiff, jpeg, eps)

Step B:
    I add the noise to each image file in MATLAB, I have a programme written for this.

Step C:
    1. Load in 15 image files
    2. Output a single video file lasting exactly 500ms, or 33ms per frame.

Would such a software exist? Thanks in advance for any help, and again, apologies if this doesn't warrant its own thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

As there's only 15 frames you could probably just use something like VLC player to go through frame by frame and take a screenshot of each frame.

Something as simple as microsoft movie maker could put the images back together and allow you to set how long each frame is displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The steps you are describing sound like exactly what any video editing software is designed specifically to do. Just import to editing application (or something like After Effects), add noise via filter or superimposition and output the results. Anyone who has access to video editing software should be able to help you.

Advertisement