Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPs in the city that only see private patients?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least 1 Doctor's Surgery in the City that has managed to abstain from Medical Cards etc. but maybe there isn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

looksee wrote: »
    At my sister's gp in the UK you cannot book an appointment less than a week away. There is one morning a week where you can turn up and just wait your turn, but you could easily be there all morning. Excellent practice but just overworked - I think the same is true most places in the UK.

That's def not in Galway city, the back seat mods will be going into overdrive

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least 1 Doctor's Surgery in the City that has managed to abstain from Medical Cards etc. but maybe there isn't.

Me too, but he said he knew of none, and Galway city is quite a close community of GPs. I'm totally open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

inisboffin wrote: »
    :eek:

Few things removes any sense of embarrassment as having a team of people looking up your rear end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

€60 for 15 mins isn't expensive? :)
    You're paying €60 for the consultation, it could take 15 minutes it could take an hour, it depends on you and the condition.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

ScumLord wrote: »
    You're paying €60 for the consultation, it could take 15 minutes it could take an hour, it depends on you and the condition.

Well the appointment is scheduled as 15 minutes. It *could* take an hour. But it mostly takes 15 minutes.

Advertisement