Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best commercial insurance quote for a tipper?

• 08-02-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have a 3.5 tonne mitsubishi Canter Tipper. Best quote I can get is 1353e from liberty for fully comp and open driving. Does anyone with experience insuring tippers know where I might find a cheaper quote?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Try a broker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Corvo

What is the tipper used for? Your own sand/gravel or is it for Haulage use?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Large fun bags

Corvo wrote:
    What is the tipper used for? Your own sand/gravel or is it for Haulage use?

Carrying my own equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you need the open driving? Not sure on a commericial vehicle but on a private car it's a big increase adding open driving.

Do you need the open driving? Not sure on a commericial vehicle but on a private car it's a big increase adding open driving.

It's only just over a hundred euro extra

• Advertisement

After calling around 10 different companies and brokers the cheapest quote I could get was 1700e. Some wouldn't even give a quote. I was just about to concede defeat and cough up when I decided to give axa a call. 974e. Over 730e saved. It may be painstaking with the same bull **** questions over and over again but it pays to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 micktheshovel

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck recently insuring a 3.5 tonne tipper? Thanks,Mick

Advertisement