Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit Summer Modules

Options
  • 08-02-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking the MSc in Management Consultancy and I was wondering what the summer modules entail. I currently have the choice of one of the following:

Cross Cultural Management
    Organisational Renewal
    Managing Leading & Coaching Change
    Business & Society
    Reputation & Disrepute
    Financial Management

They are offered over a range of different MSc courses so if anyone has had any experience with any of these, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I had business and society last year over the summer semester in the MSc Management.

It was a 3 week module, and I believe we had 4 days in class and a presentation day. The modules run consecutively, so effectively the other 16 days in that 3 week period we were free. Check if you have Dr Rosa Chun, if you do, I can send you on some details about what we did.

Our coursework required a good bit of group time, but not massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RandyMarsh1

Oh excellent. Yes I was thinking of taking the module but is it the same one that the MSc in management takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Well if you have Dr Chun it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Managing Leading & Coaching Change - always popular as it has no exam, and is a single week and your done. But class size is tiny. I tried to select it last year, and was online the second selections opened and still did not get into it..

Financial Management - Did it last year. Really disappointed tbh, as I actually wanted to learn about this as a subject and what is actually delivered is basically somewhere between Junior Cert and Leaving Cert accounting tbh - learn these ratios, put them into place against a real company and know the vague jist of what they mean. If you have done *anything* like this before, it would be ridiculously easy as a module

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RandyMarsh1

Cheers bud, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement