Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap/quality places to stay ???

Options
  • 08-02-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Am hoping to do a 4/5 nights in Kerry in the first week in August in Dingle and check out the Ring of Kerry. Will just be me and my husband. Could anyone recommend any good places to stay wether it be a b&b, house to rent etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

mollybird wrote: »
    Am hoping to do a 4/5 nights in Kerry in the first week in August in Dingle and check out the Ring of Kerry. Will just be me and my husband. Could anyone recommend any good places to stay wether it be a b&b, house to rent etc.

Thanks

In Dingle I'd recommend the Marina Lodge B&B, its really good value and a lovely place. http://www.dinglemarinalodge.com

I don't know of places on the Ring of Kerry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

There are several independent hostels that also offer twin rooms at good prices. An example on the Ring is Caitin Beaters in Kells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

mollybird wrote: »

Thanks

Best option is to do a couple of nights in Dingle, then head to Ring of Kerry (about an hour 15min from Dingle to Glenbeigh) maybe stay 2 nights in Cahirciveen (pop over to valentia island via ferry, then to Portmagee, Finians bay (Skelligs choc factory), Ballinskelligs and back to Caherciveen.

Then for the 5th night stay in Sneem or Kenmare and travel via Waterville.

Use trivago.ie or look up B&B's in the 3 different areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭50HX

http://www.portmageeheights.com/

stayed here a few years back

great location to do the Skellig tour -

amazing breakfast & v reasonable

Advertisement