Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red hot Chili peppers

Options
  • 08-02-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this on my ticketmaster app. Anyone hear anything about it?

Sorry tried uploading a screenshot but didn't work.
    Said in my messages that Rhcp just announced for tennents vital but don't see any info online or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Couple of people have asked the same on their FB page.

This is on TM.ie. Doesn't link to a buy page yet:
    tvital_rhcp_zpszqssaviz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Did TM take this down? I can't see anything today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Might have been a bit premature and taking the official event media channels thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Are you sure it's not these guys?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

kmurph wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not these guys?

:p

no was 100% red hot chili peppers for tennents vital. was the Thursday before they headline reading/leeds so would make sense. was hoping they would play marlay park though

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    no was 100% red hot chili peppers for tennents vital. was the Thursday before they headline reading/leeds so would make sense. was hoping they would play marlay park though

I'll take Belfast, Tennants vital was great when foo fighters headlined, although I'd go to a Dublin date as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Any idea of a cost for these tickets? And when are they on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

threein99 wrote: »
    Any idea of a cost for these tickets? And when are they on sale?
    Hasn't even been announced yet.

There's a fake FB page with mocked-up line-up posters (Beyonce for night 2!), but nothing on the official Tennents page or from MCD.

It'll likely be 50-60 sterling.

Officially announced, chili peppers with support from fall out boy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12814138_10154071422169548_6611636966898850725_n.jpg?oh=b5ba1475a9089d1999de72ccddd58652&oe=57633309&__gda__=1464559040_e00c15a62dded05422410cde5d53180c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

Presale for this at 9am in the morning (Wednesday) and code is TENNENTS2016.

Really looking forward to this. Tavelling up from Kerry and will be my first time up North so a nice little adventure.

Picked up my ticket, can't wait now

Got my tickets sorted easy enough too, fingers crossed Fall Out Boy fall off the face of the earth before then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

threein99 wrote: »
    Got my tickets sorted easy enough too, fingers crossed Fall Out Boy fall off the face of the earth before then :)

you mean like RHCP have since Stadium Arcadium? :P

there's a lot worse support bands you can have other than FOB, and seeing as Both bands have been pretty shocking/irrelevant since the turn of the decade it's a grand fit!

(i saw this as a fan of both who has a ticket, so I'm not just trilling for the sake :pac: )

bennyl10 wrote: »
    you mean like RHCP have since Stadium Arcadium? :P

there's a lot worse support bands you can have other than FOB, and seeing as Both bands have been pretty shocking/irrelevant since the turn of the decade it's a grand fit!

(i saw this as a fan of both who has a ticket, so I'm not just trilling for the sake :pac: )

I liked the Chili Peppers last album, and I wouldn't just say that because I'm a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

Also picked up mine this morning. Going with a mate who lives a 20 minute walk from the grounds so really looking forward to it now.

benny, you're some man for the concerts. I'll have to meet you for a beer at one some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dobman88 wrote: »
    Also picked up mine this morning. Going with a mate who lives a 20 minute walk from the grounds so really looking forward to it now.

benny, you're some man for the concerts. I'll have to meet you for a beer at one some time.

This will have to be arranged dobman!
    nice pre chilli's pinting could be arranged :D

Guessing Chilli's will have a new album out before this?
    anything announced?.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This will have to be arranged dobman!
    nice pre chilli's pinting could be arranged :D

Guessing Chilli's will have a new album out before this?
    anything announced?.

I believe they are in the works at the minute I can't wait for it.
    Some of those Bsides they released after the last album where fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Any chance/rumours that they will announce anything in the South? I was at phoenix park a few years back for another concert and am scarred after it. Nothing but muck, **** and piss everywhere so its put me off going to these types of festivals.

Love the Chillis though. Can anyone vouch for the setup in Belfast? If its raining, are you basically soaked and up to your knees in muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

They're supposedly announcing European dates for late October and November this week, I've been told an Ireland date is included (but no idea what venue)

As for the Tennents Vital, with the hit the sterling has taken in the last 4 days now is a good time to buy a ticket if you were half thinking of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    They're supposedly announcing European dates for late October and November this week, I've been told an Ireland date is included (but no idea what venue)

As for the Tennents Vital, with the hit the sterling has taken in the last 4 days now is a good time to buy a ticket if you were half thinking of going.

Happy to hear this :D I've been enjoying the new album and really liked "I'm With You" as well. Hopefully they play the Three Arena, rather than a big outdoor gig.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Happy to hear this :D I've been enjoying the new album and really liked "I'm With You" as well. Hopefully they play the Three Arena, rather than a big outdoor gig.

They were great in the 3Arena last time they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Any word on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tempted to buy a ticket for tenants. I found this gig on youtube and it's the best I've heard them sound in years.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Tempted to buy a ticket for tenants. I found this gig on youtube and it's the best I've heard them sound in years.

Sounds amazing :cool: Cant wait for Belfast now, Flea hitting the photographer :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha same i watched a few songs before heading to bed and was tempted to get a ticket for Belfast. Seen them at Oxegen 10 years ago and thought they were pretty meh

Ha same i watched a few songs before heading to bed and was tempted to get a ticket for Belfast. Seen them at Oxegen 10 years ago and thought they were pretty meh

I have seen them in big arenas before and they have generally been meh, but that's a massive arena in that link above and it sound great to me. They sound in great form, Kiedis is even speaking to the crowd a little bit which is unusual for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw them in Croke Park in 2012 and they were ok, a lot of jams and Anthony K didnt really interact with the crowd.

With the rumoured Irish indoor date later this year id be tempted but i imagine the price will be high

Advertisement