Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red hot Chili peppers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Thought that was class, the lads seemed to be in great form!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Feckin soaked and they never played Can't Stop.

edit: or Scar Tissue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Scurrilous conduct from 3Arena/MCD Productions/Irish Taxi Federation in terms of catering for punters tonite.

Everyone pegged out onto the streets after the gig, shouted at to get out, no transport at all took me 90 mins in torrential rain to get a cab outside 3Arena.

Anyone intending to go tomorrow night and not within walking distance home arrange transport home in advance or dump your ticket asap on Done Deal/Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Scurrilous conduct from 3Arena/MCD Productions/Irish Taxi Federation in terms of catering for punters tonite.

Everyone pegged out onto the streets after the gig, shouted at to get out, no transport at all took me 90 mins in torrential rain to get a cab outside 3Arena.

Anyone intending to go tomorrow night and not within walking distance home arrange transport home in advance or dump your ticket asap on Done Deal/Toutless.

A 5 minute walk past the luas stop and got a taxi no problem - straight after the gig! Wouldn't sell a ticket for something like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mcd Really know how to pick a support act.....

Its all about saving money and maximising profit with that lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You're telling people to sell their tickets to the gig because they'll have to wait for a taxi?! Book one in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

That support act....Jesus Christ. Disappointed that the RHCP could be associated with something like that.
    She basically stood there shouting "put your hands in the air"..."say yeh"...they could have picked any eejit from the crowd and they'd have done the same job.

As for the main act...I can't put my finger on it, they were missing something, very underwhelming. I've seen them before a few times over the years and they were great, but tonight wasn't great at all, they've lost something.

Did I mention that the support act was absolute muck?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

s15r330 wrote: »
    As for the main act...I can't put my finger on it, they were missing something, very underwhelming. I've seen them before a few times over the years and they were great, but tonight wasn't great at all, they've lost something.

they sure have....

th?id=OIP.O26UmZp0sfAvkqqaEj9wjwEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

MadYaker wrote: »
    You're telling people to sell their tickets to the gig because they'll have to wait for a taxi?! Book one in advance.

Like your posts MadYaker but the above scenario reminds me of my mate living in a squat in Finsbury Park in 1984 during a blanket tube strike swearing blind she'd get a taxi booking for a drenched Monday morning assignment in Soho at 8a.m.

sugarman wrote: »
    ALL gigs are like this.

No they're not.

02 Greenwich taxi rank replenished every few seconds.

Electric Picnic line of cabs at 1 a.m. to Carlow/Portlaoise.

Not acceptable or excusable at all in a city centre and major intersection to have no cabs at all after a gig by one of the biggest bands of the modern era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

Great show from the band a few big songs missing alright but when they are touring off the back off a new album I'd expect that, poor crowd in the seats, not much atmosphere at all ,people on the floor looked like they were having a great time but in the seats everyone was happy just sitting there clapping their hands to a few songs they knew. Also Parking was a nightmare around the 3 arena too, if u can pay for parking in advance for anyone going on Thursday, do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No they're not.

02 Greenwich taxi rank replenished every few seconds.

Electric Picnic line of cabs at 1 a.m. to Carlow/Portlaoise.

Not acceptable or excusable at all in a city centre and major intersection to have no cabs at all after a gig by one of the biggest bands of the modern era.

Haha get real you were poorly prepared for bad weather so blame the world.

Guess what you weren't alone, taxis be lurking if rain hadn't naturally increased the demand to other spots that aren't where poor old you were.

London and a village in the middle of nowhere where taxis from towns close by want to get in on some of the action of guaranteed people willing to spend money at an anual event are your comparisons :D

The poster is clearly referring to all gigs at this specific venue, same situation every gig was there no luas running,rickshaw lads looking for a few bob even?

Haha get real you were poorly prepared for bad weather so blame the world.

Guess what you weren't alone, taxis be lurking if rain hadn't naturally increased the demand to other spots that aren't where poor old you were.

London and a village in the middle of nowhere where taxis from towns close by want to get in on some of the action of guaranteed people willing to spend money at an anual event are your comparisons :D

The poster is clearly referring to all gigs at this specific venue, same situation every gig was there no luas running,rickshaw lads looking for a few bob even?

Genesis P. Orridge is in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

There are Luas services operating after every event in the 3 Arena, going back to the city centre and Tallaght. It is incorrect to state that there are no transport services at all.

As soon as shows end, there are Luas trams ready to take passengers.

The staff clear the concert area soon after the shows end, because the band's crew dismantle the stage and lights pretty much immediately after the gigs end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

What time were they on and off please?
    I'm in a bit of a Cinderella scenario with babysitting

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

long_b wrote: »
    What time were they on and off please?
    I'm in a bit of a Cinderella scenario with babysitting

About 9.10-11

keith06 wrote: »
    Great show from the band a few big songs missing alright but when they are touring off the back off a new album I'd expect that, poor crowd in the seats, not much atmosphere at all ,people on the floor looked like they were having a great time but in the seats everyone was happy just sitting there clapping their hands to a few songs they knew. Also Parking was a nightmare around the 3 arena too, if u can pay for parking in advance for anyone going on Thursday, do it!

Yep wasn't happy in the seats, was told to sit down when I stood up for the first song. In the 10 rows in front of me in the top section, nobody even stood up at the end to clap them! My mates and I thought the gig was fantastic. Also went along to the tribute band in the River Bar and danced our socks off til 2am (Red Hot Copy Peppers). They're on again tonight, think it's in the Mezz in Temple Bar. They made a point of playing all the songs that weren't played at the gig. Well worth popping along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I've been in that venue dozens of times and not once have I tried to get a taxi outside it. Get the LUAS back into town and get one there, its not that hard.

threein99 wrote: »
    I've been in that venue dozens of times and not once have I tried to get a taxi outside it. Get the LUAS back into town and get one there, its not that hard.

That's not the point. It's located at a junction with access to multiple transport routes going south and north and 20k odd people coming out - it's not on that there's no taxis going down there after a gig.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That's not the point. It's located at a junction with access to multiple transport routes going south and north and 20k odd people coming out - it's not on that there's no taxis going down there after a gig.

It would be absolutely chaotic if they allowed taxis to stop there en masse and cause even worse problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

20,000 people ..... max capacity in 3 Arena is 13,000 and that is absolute max.

Anyway, it has never been a good spot for getting a taxi after a gig....

Hoping for Can't Stop tonight, looks like they are playing different sets along their tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Weepsie wrote: »
    It would be absolutely chaotic if they allowed taxis to stop there en masse and cause even worse problems.

This.

There isn't room for the quantity of taxis it would take.

Anyways what time did it finish at last night ? wondering would I make the last bus to Castleknock

threein99 wrote: »
    This.

There isn't room for the quantity of taxis it would take.

Anyways what time did it finish at last night ? wondering would I make the last bus to Castleknock

Finished at 11

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thought the setlist was very mixed. They'd play a couple of good songs and get the crowd going and then play something that'd fall flat and the crowd would lose interest. Really killed the momentum.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Thought the setlist was very mixed. They'd play a couple of good songs and get the crowd going and then play something that'd fall flat and the crowd would lose interest. Really killed the momentum.

Yep they played four songs off the new album and the crowd were only into one of them, and they played a Stooges cover that most people wouldn't know. Would it have killed them to do Under the Bridge instead of any of those?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can understand doing 4 songs off the new album, even though I wasn't a fan of them, as that's what they're promoting. But doing covers when you have as good a back catalogue as the Chilis seems odd to me. When you're leaving out the likes of Scar tissue, Otherside, Under The Bridge, Can't stop, and a host of other great non-singles, using up a track on a cover seems strange to me.

I did really enjoy I could have Lied I have to say, wasn't expecting that one.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Genesis P. Orridge is in the house.

Throbbing gristle again on here in a matter of months, bizarre??

Form some proper plan the next time you end up there now you know the situation. Glad you got soaked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Hi haven't been to the o3 in years, driving from offaly, would people recommend parking at the venue or parking further away and walking to and from the event, thanks, thinking of the que from the carpark after, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Hi haven't been to the o3 in years, driving from offaly, would people recommend parking at the venue or parking further away and walking to and from the event, thanks, thinking of the que from the carpark after, cheers

Park at the luas at the Red cow and get the luas in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

avfc1874 wrote: »

As the poster above says, getting the Luas to the venue would be convenient.

After every event at the 3 Arena, there are Luas trams ready to bring people back into the city centre and on to Tallaght.

If you miss these, as they tend to fill quickly, you wouldn't be waiting long for the next scheduled Luas service.

Advertisement