Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red hot Chili peppers

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Saw them last night. Enjoyed it. Wasn't blown away. But that's just me I guess. Lost track of them after By the way.

Nice of them to let will ferrell play drums🀗

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Seems "Can't Stop" got a blast tonight.

Sorely missed last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Seems "Can't Stop" got a blast tonight.

Sorely missed last night!

It did and Soul to Squeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

threein99 wrote: »
    It's did and Soul to Squeeze

And give it away and scar tissue . unreal night

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

We were lucky enough to have tickets for both nights. Really enjoyed Wednesday but last night was FANTASTIC. With the size of their back catalogue it's always going to be hard to please everyone. Setlist last night was bloody brilliant from start to finish though.

So good to hear Get on Top back in the set too! Played for the first time with Josh on guitar. Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Hey are two of my fav tracks so I was a very happy bunny!

Soaked after gig 1 so the lack of rain and general jollyness around the place heading home last night was just the icing on the cake! I hope everyone else enjoyed their night!

Look forward to their next visit! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Saw them last night. Enjoyed it. Wasn't blown away. But that's just me I guess. Lost track of them after By the way.

Nice of them to let will ferrell play drums��

That’s not will Ferrell

s8n wrote: »
    That’s not will Ferrell

Twas a joke. He looked and acted like him. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Twas a joke. He looked and acted like him. Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

My first time to see the band last night and I thought it was fantastic, My seat was close to the back but the atmosphere was brilliant, loads of people standing up dancing, The stewards (fair play to them) just let everyone at it, and the gig was so good it was impossible to stay seated.
    Great to see such a range of ages up dancing and enjoying themselves,

The support band was brutal. I almost felt sorry for her when she said this is my last song, and got the only cheer of the night. If MCD don't want to pay for a half decent support band then just don't bother putting one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Brilliant gig.

Also, as a bald person, I found Anthony's hairstyle and facial hair intriguing.

Oasis meets Mario

Such is the way with rock gods I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Did 'Under the Bridge' get an airing last night?

Was there on Wednesday night and thought it was brilliant. 'I Could have lied' an absolute highlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yep they played four songs off the new album and the crowd were only into one of them, and they played a Stooges cover that most people wouldn't know. Would it have killed them to do Under the Bridge instead of any of those?

They've been doing that cover for years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yep they played four songs off the new album and the crowd were only into one of them, and they played a Stooges cover that most people wouldn't know. Would it have killed them to do Under the Bridge instead of any of those?

Would it have killed the crowd to listen to the new album before the concert and then discover that the new songs sounded brilliant live?

Would it have killed the crowd to listen to the new album before the concert and then discover that the new songs sounded brilliant live?

Exc

Too right. Considering the gig was originally supposed to be about 9 months ago. Anyone that was not at least reasonably familiar with the new material has no excuse for not getting the maximum enjoyment from the gig.
    I am one of those people. I've probably only heard about 4 of their tunes since By the Way. I just decided on Wednesday to go to the gig, and went up and got ticket from tout. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't play Under the bridge, Scar Tissue and Can't Stop. There were too many lulls for me cause it was the first time I had heard some of the songs. But on the flipside, if I had known the 4 tunes from The Getaway, it would have completely altered by enjoyment. The song in the encore from that album sounded really good. And I've read that The Getaway is supposed to be a return to form.

Anyway, people that go to gigs and whine cause there were too many songs that they don’t know does not make sense to me - considering the Chillis last album was 15 months ago.
    At the worst, have a look online and see what the band typically play on recent tours. Put a list of 30 songs together, and listen to them randomly over the 9 months wait for the rescheduled gig.

As for the moaner earlier who was complaining of the rain, and no taxis - don't even get me started. Is this all from generation "entitlement to everything".

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes that Album is brilliant

Unfortunately I couldnt make the concert

Can anyone tell me did they play Goodbye Angels, that is some tune

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Headshot wrote: »

Played both nights. Cracking song live!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Played it second last before Give It Away.

Set lists are here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/red-hot-chili-peppers-13d68969.html

I wasn't the biggest fan of the new album, thought it was a bit slow. But hearing the songs live totally changed my opinion, they were all fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Yeah they played Goodbye Angels at both shows. It sounded amazing as did the rest of The Getaway album, damn fine album!

To the earlier poster, unfortunately Under the Bridge didn't make an appearance at either gig.

My first time seeing the Chili's and they did not disappoint, such incredible musicians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HurlingRanker

Mr Teeny wrote: »
    We were lucky enough to have tickets for both nights. Really enjoyed Wednesday but last night was FANTASTIC. With the size of their back catalogue it's always going to be hard to please everyone. Setlist last night was bloody brilliant from start to finish though.

So good to hear Get on Top back in the set too! Played for the first time with Josh on guitar. Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Hey are two of my fav tracks so I was a very happy bunny!

Soaked after gig 1 so the lack of rain and general jollyness around the place heading home last night was just the icing on the cake! I hope everyone else enjoyed their night!

Look forward to their next visit! :-)

Get On Top didn't quite go to plan but good to hear it!
    So glad I went both nights, there's no way I would have were it not for the fact they have been changing the setlists so much from night to night. 10 changes to the setlist, 26 different songs across both nights, delighted.

Big fan of the band, personally I'm glad they don't just do some generic predictable greatest hits session every night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Get On Top didn't quite go to plan but good to hear it!
    So glad I went both nights, there's no way I would have were it not for the fact they have been changing the setlists so much from night to night. 10 changes to the setlist, 26 different songs across both nights, delighted.

Big fan of the band, personally I'm glad they don't just do some generic predictable greatest hits session every night.

Great to see them vary it. I hate when bands play the same 20 songs everynight in the same order it must get tedious for them too

Advertisement