Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red hot Chili peppers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

martyos121 wrote: »
    Expected the support act to be Babymetal given they're supporting all the RHCP's UK gigs in the same month. Not too familiar with this one, she any good?
    Probably not if you like RHCP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Typical MCD penny pinching adding a rubbish support act like that.

I think I will sell my Dublin ticket and fly over to the UK for a gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Probably not if you like RHCP

I just checked her out on youtube. I think I will skip the support. WTF is that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Zardoz wrote: »

I think I will sell my Dublin ticket and fly over to the UK for a gig .

I'm currently sourcing a ticket for london myself. No interest in the Chillis, but Babymetal will be unforgettable

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Its not he promotor that would dictate this, its the band also, Babymetal would be quite cost prohibitive given the band size for two nights

• Advertisement

Its not he promotor that would dictate this, its the band also, Babymetal would be quite cost prohibitive given the band size for two nights

Thats true but they are only playing 2 nights in Manchester,Birmingham and Glasgow as well and Babymetal are supporting them there .

I dont think the band would have much input into the support act as that's usually the promoters job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hi guys, hoping I could get some help / pointed in the right direction?

Trying to get my hands on 2 tickets for the 21st - last minute I know - normally there's loads on the toutless/ticketmaster seatwave (I think it's called?) / donedeal etc. But can't seem to really find any. Are they the only reputable places for buying sold on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

peekachoo wrote: »

Trying to get my hands on 2 tickets for the 21st - last minute I know - normally there's loads on the toutless/ticketmaster seatwave (I think it's called?) / donedeal etc. But can't seem to really find any. Are they the only reputable places for buying sold on tickets?
    Yeah Toutless but you're way too early. Wait until the week or two before the gig. There'll be loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

peekachoo wrote: »

Yeah Toutless but you're way too early. Wait until the week or two before the gig. There'll be loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Very disappointed by the support :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'll keep an eye out so. Thanks ;)

Nidom wrote: »
    Very disappointed by the support :(

Yeah its pathetic .
    I was really looking forward to seeing Babymetal.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Yeah its pathetic .
    I was really looking forward to seeing Babymetal.:(

Yeah they are amazing live, I saw them in Tokyo back in September and I can safely say it was the best gig of my life.

Was gutted to see they were not supporting here. Might try get tickets for the extra night in the 02 in London though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I dont get the whole Babymetal thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shonen Knife for headbanger emos

Everyone starts out thinking they are a joke and then you see some of their videos of their live performances.

The vocals are Catchy and infectious and they are backed by the kami band who are a collection of amazing musicians.

They seriously put on an incredible show everytime they go on stage. As far as support acts go there wouldn't be many better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where RHCP tend to stay when they're in Dublin?

It's my hubby's birthday and we're going both nights so would love to stay in the same hotel they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Probably a long shot, but if anyone is interested in swapping 2xStanding for 2xSeating I would be interested. I have 2 Seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Roughly what time will the chilis be on stage? Dont want to waste drinking time on that **** support act. Cant believe they couldn't come up with a better act, really poor on the organisers behalf in my opinion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Roughly what time will the chilis be on stage? Dont want to waste drinking time on that **** support act. Cant believe they couldn't come up with a better act, really poor on the organisers behalf in my opinion.

Who says the have to get really strong support when the gigs were gonna sell out?Plus the UK got Babymetal which are fairly poor as well

• Advertisement

The support act doesnt necessarily have to be overly strong but lady lessomething, like whatdafook? Its a rock gig not some hip hop muck.
    That aside, what time do you think the main act will be on stage?

Mos Eisley wrote: »

It's a big problem with bands, they get a good support band for the UK & Ireland tour and then the support band never plays the Irish gig and we get some filler instead.
    Who says the have to get really strong support when the gigs were gonna sell out?Plus the UK got Babymetal which are fairly poor as well

May not be everyones cup of tea but as far as supports acts go you don't get much bigger atm. Crowd wise it is an odd mix but they are known for their amazing energetic live performances, so they are a perfect warm up act. That is why they are also supporting Guns and Roses and Metallica next year.

Linguo

I expect they will stay in the 4 Seasons or the Clarence

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Can't believe it's almost five years since they played the O2! Christ.

If I'm honest I did think they all went through their paces that night. Didn't seem too much connection with the crowd at all. Was better than Croke Park though. Didn't enjoyed that one bit.

I'm thinking as they've been pretty much touring all year, these last nights might be quite decent as they'll be upbeat about getting home for the holidays or whatever. Always found bands are in a better mood the last few nights of a long tour anyway. Plus they have five days off for leading up to the shows. All sounds like the perfect ingredients for some potentially cracking gigs.

Lets hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Can't believe it's almost five years since they played the O2! Christ.

If I'm honest I did think they all went through their paces that night. Didn't seem too much connection with the crowd at all. Was better than Croke Park though. Didn't enjoyed that one bit.

I'm thinking as they've been pretty much touring all year, these last nights might be quite decent as they'll be upbeat about getting home for the holidays or whatever. Always found bands are in a better mood the last few nights of a long tour anyway. Plus they have five days off for leading up to the shows. All sounds like the perfect ingredients for some potentially cracking gigs.

Lets hope so.

Was at the o2 gig and thought they were ok, Croke park was abysmal. Really excited for this though, watched a few of their live gigs on YouTube of this tour and they seem in much better form

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's hit and miss as always with them. Some nights they're great and other nights they're sh!te. I think it's usually best to catch them at the start of a tour. I'm looking still looking forward to this though.

Plus they have five days off for leading up to the shows.

They are playing London Sunday night so they will only have 1 day off .

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Anyone got any idea of stage times?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bkrangle wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea of stage times?

thanks
    Ya I would like to know this as well

Im only interested in the RHCP so id like to arrive at the concert when they are due on stage

• Advertisement

Chad played drums for Babymetal at last night's gig in the O2 in London dressed up in full Kami band costume and then brought out a birthday cake to give to Su-Metal.

Didn't think it was possible to like Chad even more.

(Skip to 5:45 for the cake.)

Advertisement