Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red hot Chili peppers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Anyone know stage times? Nothing on MCD.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Headshot wrote: »
    Ya I would like to know this as well

Im only interested in the RHCP so id like to arrive at the concert when they are due on stage

Generally 8-30 9 o clock for gigs in the Point

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Really hope I'm wrong, but I'm 95% certain we're going to get some bad news today :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    Really hope I'm wrong, but I'm 95% certain we're going to get some bad news today :(

?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I've heard it too. From a reliable source that they've cancelled their hotel stay and that Kiedis is sick.
    I had deleted my post on it earlier as I didn't want to post if untrue. But now that others have heard...
    I've been F5ing MCD twitter for the last hour for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Do elaborate please..!

Gigs are probably off, gutted, I was going to both

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Christ this is a disaster if it's true, haven't been to a gig in years as well, typical.

To be honest, given the awful support act, I wasn't looking forward to it as much as I should've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Where has this rumour come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Any other info on this? Can't find a thing on twitter and they played London last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Nothing official yet. Waiting to hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

Gigs are probably off, gutted, I was going to both

I'm blaming you if this is true. I've never believed in "don't shoot the messenger". I'm a firm believer of riddling them with bullets.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'm blaming you if this is true. I've never believed in "don't shoot the messenger". I'm a firm believer of riddling them with bullets.

Okay.....

Looks like there is something in this, few reports of him being unwell during the gig last night

I see he's already been very ill this year:

http://www.etonline.com/music/189274_red_hot_chili_pepper_singer_anthony_kiedis_talks_health_scare/

Might be a reoccurrence of that. I see someone on Reddit has now mentioned the rumour that the gigs might be off, not looking good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

martyos121 wrote: »
    I see he's already been very ill this year:

http://www.etonline.com/music/189274_red_hot_chili_pepper_singer_anthony_kiedis_talks_health_scare/

Might be a reoccurrence of that. I see someone on Reddit has now mentioned the rumour that the gigs might be off, not looking good at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedHotChiliPeppers/comments/5j2p1h/there_was_a_show_tonight_at_the_o2_arena_in_london/dbcylk9/

Saw that comment alright mentioning his vocals were a bit ropey..

Gutted if true.

Was looking forward to this to break up last week work before the hols!

Do we expect this to be announced today? Don't know whether to cancel hotel or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

If rumours are true I'd imagine they'll be looking to reschedule concerts for 2017, as opposed to cancelling completely, which would explain delay in making an announcement.

bren2001 wrote: »

What is wrong with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

What is wrong with you?

Sarcasm doesn't come across very clearly on the internet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Leaving it fairly late to cancel if they are

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

ive been refreshing this thread every 10 secounds

Will be gutted if this is true

R.F. wrote: »
    ive been refreshing this thread every 10 secounds

Will be gutted if this is true

Same here, praying it's not true. I've been looking forward to this for ages
    Wish they'd just come out and tell us for definite either way, hate this not knowing

Gibson hotel have already charged my credit card too

The feckers better be understanding if this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Same here, praying it's not true. I've been looking forward to this for ages

My partner booked two tickets back when they were released. We will be the same. I was going to book the car park ticket at the arena today but seen everyone helpful posts. Guess all we can do is wait.

R.F. wrote: »
    Gibson hotel have already charged my credit card too

The feckers better be understanding if this is true

I feel like a fool for paying in full in advance for my hotel, it worked out a bit cheaper was the only benefit. Still, don't get to Dublin often so I'll make a good night of it gig or no gig.

Still a lot of ppl posting on twitter trying to sell/swap tickets and posting about how much they can't wait. Gonna b a lot of disappointment later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Where would it be announced if they were to cancel? Surely we'd know by now??

• Advertisement

Where would it be announced if they were to cancel? Surely we'd know by now??

Im thinking/hoping this too

If it was off, it would surely be announced right away

Advertisement