Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had 7Mb last week, asked to upgrade to fibre --- now have 1mbs .... wtf ?

Options
  • 08-02-2016 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

A little timeline:

Been a P&T, Eircom and now eir customer for some 20 years....

Sometime in Jan:
    I asked for a call back about fibre as the website said it was available....

4th Feb:
    someone from eir rang our landline in the evening (about 730pm). I assumed it was the 'fibre' callback... Mr Eir checked the line, and said area is not ready yet but will be soon - in the meantime he could upgrade to 9-10mbs uncongested broadband for 55e per month. 

Seems like a good idea so I said yes. Later got the eir order number....
    Your details

Order Number: 

5th Feb:
    I notice the connection speed is slow, check the router and it indicates 1Mbs ?
    Rang eir - case number: 2104023 opened to up speed to 7mbs

8th Feb:
    Still not change so rang again, new case opened 2106147 --- to move me to 6mbs ===> seemingly that all the line can support (even thought IT HAS BEEN RUNNING AT 7mbs for 1.5 years)

This evening about 550, a new eir modem is delivered ? For what ? 

(I am close to using my 3 strike swearing rule today --- funny how you can remember how often I swear between calls but but not what speed I should be on....)

So, maybe someone can tell me:
    - do I really need the new modem ?
    - what speed will I get
    - is this uncongested 

And most importantly when will this happen

9 Feb Update
    - Still stuck at 1mbs. Called again to see what happened.
    Seems they are very busy and it might take 5 days now ....
    Swear count back to normal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭kyote00

updated original as nothing happening ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

kyote00 wrote: »
    updated original as nothing happening ....
    Hi kyote00

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'm sorry for the delays in getting back to you.

Could you please PM me your eir account number and I will follow this up for you and ensure this is being escalated appropriately

Thanks
    Al

back to 7mb now. Happy days

back to 7mb now. Happy days
    Cheers for the update kyote00 (and apologies for the delays)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

This same thing happened to me. Upgraded from 3mbs to 12mbs on the 1st of February, instead I got downgraded to 1mgbs. Rang 4 days later to be told it was a "system error" and to wait 3 days. Rang again a few days later for an update to be told to wait 10 - 14 days (what a ****ing joke), rang again a few days later and told to wait 24 hours.

10 days on and I still have a speed of 1mbs. 

I am being told something different every time I ring customer support and they will not give me any definite date to when the problem will be fixed. The tech support service is an absolute joke. "Wait" seems to be the solution to everything.

• Advertisement

This same thing happened to me. Upgraded from 3mbs to 12mbs on the 1st of February, instead I got downgraded to 1mgbs. Rang 4 days later to be told it was a "system error" and to wait 3 days. Rang again a few days later for an update to be told to wait 10 - 14 days (what a ****ing joke), rang again a few days later and told to wait 24 hours.

10 days on and I still have a speed of 1mbs. 

I am being told something different every time I ring customer support and they will not give me any definite date to when the problem will be fixed. The tech support service is an absolute joke. "Wait" seems to be the solution to everything.
    Sorry to hear this Notorious93

Please PM me your eir account number and I will investigate further. I should be back to you within 24hrs of your PM

Thanks
    Al

Now upgraded to 10mb and seeing strong 8.5mb all day !

Now upgraded to 10mb and seeing strong 8.5mb all day !
    Really happy to hear this kyote00

Al

Advertisement