Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher than expected bill from new electricity supplier.

Options
  • 08-02-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Sorry,I hope I am not hijacking the thread ,if I have maybe a mod could swap it to an appropriate thread,I switched to SSE late November last, and got a bill for Dec/Jan the other day for 247 euro's.
    This a slight bit lower than Electric Ireland,but is about average,as looking at a bill for last may it was't too far off the 200 euro mark.
    There's only myself and wife at home now ,4 bed semi,light's tv ,fridge,oil heating etc,am I right in thinking that this is an average bill ,we were told we would save 400 euro's guaranteed on our electricity bill for this year, over last year with Electric Ireland by switching to SSE electricity.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

dslamjack wrote: »
    we were told we would save 400 euro's guaranteed on our electricity bill for this year, over last year with Electric Ireland by switching to SSE electricity.

Never ever believe an SSE / Airtricity salesperson. They simply tell lies to sign you up to get their commssion.

at 15% off standard electric Ireland bills, you would need to be spending about €2800 a year on electricity - that's €460 every two months.

Even if they had 20% off standard rates it would mean you would have had to have regular bills of €350 with electric Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Thank's Vince ,our average is just over 200 euro's every 2 month's is this normal usage for a couple like ourselves in an average semi D?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Posts moved to own thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

dslamjack wrote: »
    Thank's Vince ,our average is just over 200 euro's every 2 month's is this normal usage for a couple like ourselves in an average semi D?

Seems a little on high side but not too much It depends on what lights you use (leds in my place), how often immersion is on / electric showers, dishwasher, tumble dryer (big user of electricity ), washing machine (all dishwasher and washing machines feed from cold tap).
    Even length of wife's hair!! Long hair = longer shower and longer dry :):) But its not an abnormal bill.

Advertisement