Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Options
  • 08-02-2016 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

I am so fed up. I have been in contact with Eircom, Eir and your third party debt collectors for over a year now and you are still sending me rubbish bills for an account thats suspended and attached to an empty house!

Do you want blood? Will only a corpse satisfy you?

Lets start at the start. I upgraded my service after a few years of decent service when you introduced TV. It never worked, records on my account show monthly calls to your tech support so finally in December 2014 I said enough was enough and cancelled. I was told I coulnt despite the fact that you had not honoured your side of the contract, I had to honour mine. I was however allowed cancel the TV package, BT sports promo and internations calls. I was promised a 15 euro credoit for the remaning 6 months which resulted in a 45 euro a month bill.

My bill arrived in January 2015 and showed 101 euro! As it was a direct debit it was paid and I was assured the new bill would reflect the correct package and credits. It did not. After being given the runaround I cancelled my direct debit as thats the only thing Eir seems to respond to.

I have at this stage emailed, written, called and posted on this issue a dozen times and in all stated categorically that come June 2015 I was finished with your company.

In June 2015 I was still getting bills with no reply to my queries and yet you had no qualms about sending me letters about the direct debti, oh you noticed that allright. I replied again by written letter and further advised that I was no longer a resident of the property and gave you my new address.

in November and December I was contacted by BCW debt collectors, at the old address!!!! 

After arguing with them I made the stupid mistake of reaching a settlement and paid 236 euro and 62 cent to clear the debt and just rid myself of your company.

But thats not enough, You have now sent me another bill for 101 euro for February 2016. I queried that and am told you have no record of my requests to cancel and no record of the settlement with your debt collectors.

Just how unbelievable inept is Eir? Seriously, a vampire wouldnt continue with this chase.

I have attached the last letter, I get an error message if I try and upload more than one file

Please, leave me the hell alone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

esforum wrote: »
    I am so fed up. I have been in contact with Eircom, Eir and your third party debt collectors for over a year now and you are still sending me rubbish bills for an account thats suspended and attached to an empty house!

Do you want blood? Will only a corpse satisfy you?

Lets start at the start. I upgraded my service after a few years of decent service when you introduced TV. It never worked, records on my account show monthly calls to your tech support so finally in December 2014 I said enough was enough and cancelled. I was told I coulnt despite the fact that you had not honoured your side of the contract, I had to honour mine. I was however allowed cancel the TV package, BT sports promo and internations calls. I was promised a 15 euro credoit for the remaning 6 months which resulted in a 45 euro a month bill.

My bill arrived in January 2015 and showed 101 euro! As it was a direct debit it was paid and I was assured the new bill would reflect the correct package and credits. It did not. After being given the runaround I cancelled my direct debit as thats the only thing Eir seems to respond to.

I have at this stage emailed, written, called and posted on this issue a dozen times and in all stated categorically that come June 2015 I was finished with your company.

In June 2015 I was still getting bills with no reply to my queries and yet you had no qualms about sending me letters about the direct debti, oh you noticed that allright. I replied again by written letter and further advised that I was no longer a resident of the property and gave you my new address.

in November and December I was contacted by BCW debt collectors, at the old address!!!! 

After arguing with them I made the stupid mistake of reaching a settlement and paid 236 euro and 62 cent to clear the debt and just rid myself of your company.

But thats not enough, You have now sent me another bill for 101 euro for February 2016. I queried that and am told you have no record of my requests to cancel and no record of the settlement with your debt collectors.

Just how unbelievable inept is Eir? Seriously, a vampire wouldnt continue with this chase.

I have attached the last letter, I get an error message if I try and upload more than one file

Please, leave me the hell alone.
    Hi esforum

I'm really sorry to hear you received further demand after coming to an agreement with BCW. I understand your views that eir should resolv this however this debt was passed to BCW and As BCW set agreement for a negotiated payment this is ultimately BCW to ensure this agreement is honored. Please contact BCW on 01 8035111 and advised them of this situation.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

^^ This is why you should never engage with these 3rd party debt collectors that the likes of eircom, VF, Bord Gais, and the rest will employ - unless things have changed recently, they have no legal standing in this country and you have no responsibility to deal with them regardless of how formal and threatening their letters may look like.

Your debt (if any) remains with the company you contracted services from and that's always who you should deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

You have now sent me another bill for 101 euro for February 2016. 

Eir: Alan wrote:
    Originally posted by eir: Alan I understand your views that eir should resolv this however this debt was passed to BCW and As BCW set agreement for a negotiated payment this is ultimately BCW to ensure this agreement is honored. 

Im just going to leave those two statements there Alan,

perhaps you could read them, read the entire post I started this thread with again and then explain why I should speak with a debt collector for a NEW bill for this month from your company for an account I closed in writing in June 2015? BCW acknowledged payment, as far as they are concerned I am finished with them and Eir. Its only Eir that have decided to start billing me all over again for some god damn reason.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ^^ This is why you should never engage with these 3rd party debt collectors that the likes of eircom, VF, Bord Gais, and the rest will employ - unless things have changed recently, they have no legal standing in this country and you have no responsibility to deal with them regardless of how formal and threatening their letters may look like.

Your debt (if any) remains with the company you contracted services from and that's always who you should deal with.
    That was my plan but I moved and my tenent has a pain in her hole with my old post so I just figured I would pay up for the sake of peace for me and my tenent. More fool me as you say!

Alan, is there a reason why you have answered every single other thread except mine? Are you hoping it will slip off the front page and not be noticed?

I expect somoeon, anyone to take control of this situation, actually trawl through my account and make a coherant comment that reflects the situation instead of the rubbish I last recieved from you and this morning by email which stated "You were told in November 2014 about the early release fee".

Am I being charged a release fee in February 2016 for an account that expired in June 2015, you were told not to renew beyond 2015 and actually, you suspended in April 2015?

attached is a letter I posted to you in June, your company have acknowledged reciept of this letter.

Alan, is there a reason why you have answered every single other thread except mine? Are you hoping it will slip off the front page and not be noticed?

I expect somoeon, anyone to take control of this situation, actually trawl through my account and make a coherant comment that reflects the situation instead of the rubbish I last recieved from you and this morning by email which stated "You were told in November 2014 about the early release fee".

Am I being charged a release fee in February 2016 for an account that expired in June 2015, you were told not to renew beyond 2015 and actually, you suspended in April 2015?

attached is a letter I posted to you in June, your company have acknowledged reciept of this letter.
    Hi esforum

Thank you for adding more details. I have escalated this to our credit management team and I expect to have more information for you on Monday.

I do understand your concern and your disappointment is warranted - I can assure you that I do want to help and I will assist in providing a resolution to the issues you have raised.

Al

• Advertisement

Its now wednesday. I have received more emails, admittedly the last one was pretty humorous on your staffs part but completely irrelevant

Its now the following Tuesday, 8 days beyond the day I should have heard back. can I at the very least get a status update?

Its now the following Tuesday, 8 days beyond the day I should have heard back. can I at the very least get a status update?
    Hi esforum

I very sorry for the delays. I will chase this up with the credit management team and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

another week goes by, I am telling you, if I get an email in March with a bill attached I will go postal on Marlborough Street!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

another week goes by, I am telling you, if I get an email in March with a bill attached I will go postal on Marlborough Street!!!!

Hi esforum,

Apologies for the delays you are experiencing. I'm afraid Al is no longer with us, feel free to PM me your account details and I'll assist you here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

flabbergasted.

my flabber has truly never been so gasted.

my account details are in the letters attached to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

flabbergasted.

my flabber has truly never been so gasted.

my account details are in the letters attached to this thread.

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Apologies, I have these details now.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]I've looked into this and can see the outstanding balance was still attached. I have waived this amount outstanding so this is now cleared and I've also contacted the debt collectors to remove you from their files. You will not receive any further correspondence in relation to this account.
    [/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey
    [/font]

ok coming back to this, my sincere thanks Tracey. From here on in I will advise people that there are indeed competent people in Eir still.

However, is there a reason I am still recieinv g monthly bills showing no contract and no charges? seems silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ok coming back to this, my sincere thanks Tracey. From here on in I will advise people that there are indeed competent people in Eir still.

However, is there a reason I am still recieinv g monthly bills showing no contract and no charges? seems silly
    Thanks esforum,I'll pass this onto Tracey,

Can you PM me your details and I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

original information is attached to the opening post

original information is attached to the opening post
    Thanks esforum,

I'm unable to open the attached links. Can you PM me the account number?

-Pamela 

account 10023907 

account 10023907 
    I have checked this account esforum and I can assure you it is cancelled. 

I will amend the account so you receive no further communication regarding this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement