Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 / Xbox One - LAN Possible?

Options
  • 08-02-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

I was told that System Link was completely taken out of the Xbox One, and a similar feature was taken out of the PS4 as well, as opposed to previous consoles allowing it. Is there any way to set up local multiplayer on two of either aforementioned system?

I'm looking into getting a game for me & my girlfriend to play co-op with, but would rather not have to connect to the internet to achieve such. (Playing the same game on the same router and experiencing lag is such a buzz killer - Forza Horizon 2 was a prime suspect in this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I was told that System Link was completely taken out of the Xbox One, and a similar feature was taken out of the PS4 as well, as opposed to previous consoles allowing it. Is there any way to set up local multiplayer on two of either aforementioned system?

I'm looking into getting a game for me & my girlfriend to play co-op with, but would rather not have to connect to the internet to achieve such. (Playing the same game on the same router and experiencing lag is such a buzz killer - Forza Horizon 2 was a prime suspect in this)

Yes, just use a router. Infact most ADSL and VDSL broadband modems double up as routers so you could just use that.

If you google it there are plenty of guides on how to setup a LAN on these consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

logik wrote: »
    Yes, just use a router. Infact most ADSL and VDSL broadband modems double up as routers so you could just use that.

If you google it there are plenty of guides on how to setup a LAN on these consoles.

Never thought of that method, actually. Problem is I'm a hallway's length away from my router :( .... unless I get another router and use that? I'm very limited in my knowledge of networking hardware. Sorry :o

Advertisement