Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s ,find my phone app help

• 09-02-2016 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I just recently bought a iPhone 5s,it's the first time I bought an iPhone always used samsungs,I have a few questions ...my daughter has the same phone and I have no clue how to use my phone,but I want to be able to see where she is ,I know there's a find my iPhone app on bought phones ,can anyone tell me how I can sort it so I can track her iPhone .and can I use my phone for my sons Samsung too?also just for my iPhone ,how can I get music on it for free is there a way or do I have to buy music iTunes voucher codes .thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Set up family sharing for music between the three of you and all join Apple Music. A fiver each a month (good luck getting it off them!!). With a few exceptions pretty much all the music you'd need to listen to. Also the family sharing will give your daughter the ability to share her location. Enable location sharing in the iCloud family settings. Not sure about your son sharing his location on Android, I'm sure there must be some way but it won't be quite as simple as hitting 'details' in a message thread with your daughter.
    The find my iPhone app is a bit more fiddly, you'd have to put in her Apple ID and password every time you want to find her phone and nowadays I think she receives an email every time you do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Theres an app on the iphone called find my friends. If you set that up and add your daughter to it you'll be able to see where she is at any time, as long as she doesn't turn the tracking off.

For music you can either stream it for €10-15 per month, buy individual tracks from iTunes or if you have a lot of music already stored on a laptop just download and install iTunes. You can then drag all your music to iTunes and then sync it to your iphone.

I think your out of luck with tracking your sons Samsung phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Simon201 wrote: »
    Set up family sharing for music between the three of you and all join Apple Music. A fiver each a month (good luck getting it off them!!). With a few exceptions pretty much all the music you'd need to listen to. Also the family sharing will give your daughter the ability to share her location. Enable location sharing in the iCloud family settings. Not sure about your son sharing his location on Android, I'm sure there must be some way but it won't be quite as simple as hitting 'details' in a message thread with your daughter.
    The find my iPhone app is a bit more fiddly, you'd have to put in her Apple ID and password every time you want to find her phone and nowadays I think she receives an email every time you do that.
    Thanks for the advice,this is my first iPhone so just getting to grips with its operating system ,to start with lol!

DubDJ wrote: »
    Theres an app on the iphone called find my friends. If you set that up and add your daughter to it you'll be able to see where she is at any time, as long as she doesn't turn the tracking off.

For music you can either stream it for €10-15 per month, buy individual tracks from iTunes or if you have a lot of music already stored on a laptop just download and install iTunes. You can then drag all your music to iTunes and then sync it to your iphone.

I think your out of luck with tracking your sons Samsung phone though.

Thanks ,do you recommend any settings for longer battery use,how long should I expect to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks ,do you recommend any settings for longer battery use,how long should I expect to get

Nobody is ever happy with iphone battery usually. I get a full day from mine so that's fine with me. Turning off features you won't use, limiting apps running in the background etc will increase battery life. An example would be Facebook, which can supposedly give up to an extra 15% of battery life once it's uninstalled. Certain apps are more power hungry than others.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Nobody is ever happy with iphone battery usually. I get a full day from mine so that's fine with me. Turning off features you won't use, limiting apps running in the background etc will increase battery life. An example would be Facebook, which can supposedly give up to an extra 15% of battery life once it's uninstalled. Certain apps are more power hungry than others.

Sort of like the Samsung so ,thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sort of like the Samsung so ,thanks again.

Although with iOS you don't have to close apps all the time. That actually uses more battery because of more processing power required to open them instead of resuming them from background.

Advertisement