Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New born Fry

Options
  • 09-02-2016 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all,
    my chiclids just had a load of babies, I've taken them from the tank, (last batch was eaten) question do I need a filter for them yet or is an air stone enough?
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Airstone should be fine, get them a fry food and they be good for food too.

Expect to lose some of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Airstone should be fine, get them a fry food and they'll be good foodwise.

Expect to lose some of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

A Microworm culture would be a good starter food and easy to look after, offer other foods as well but remove any uneaten daily.

Do a 20-30% waterchanges daily and ad a sponge filter as they grow a bit.

Also only put them in tank thats not too big or they will never find the food, increas the size of the tank as they grow as well.

Best of luck with them.

If stuck for a starter food you could boil an egg and use some yoke to make a liquid fry food but be carefull not to give too much (a few drops will do) as it can pollute the tank, waterchanges are very important with this food type.

Advertisement