Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rave Coffee 20% discount for first order

• 09-02-2016 4:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭

Use code welcomeRAVER at checkout for 20% discount. Also free UK shipping for orders over £25.

Waiting on 3kg of their blended coffee. Will report back what its like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Really interested to hear how you found this Muahaha as am thinking of orderingsoon! Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Delivery was really quick from the UK, I used Parcel Motel and had it in 3 days. All up I paid €39 for the 3kg after the discount and free UK shipping was applied.

Opened the first bag on Saturday. It was their Mocha Java blend. The freshness out of the bag was something else, it was roasted the day it was shipped so just at a great point of freshness. However I imagined a sweet chocolatey flavour. But like raw chocolate it is very bitter, even with sweetner added. It is better when used for cappuccinos but as an espresso for me its just too bitter. I'm wondering if others here have found the same with coffee beans marked as Mocha/Chocolate to be typically bitter or are there sweeter options around?

I'll be using the rest of the mocha beans that are in the grinders hopper and then reserving the rest for cappucinos & lattes. I plan on opening the next kilo this weekend, its called the Italian Job and from the reviews it should be pretty decent, will report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks for the info - the fudge blend caught my eye so might give it a whirl when I next run out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

@ Muahahaha, great review , thanks for the update

Opened the second kilo over the weekend, have reserved about 500g of the Mocha Java blend for cappuccinos. Its called the Italian Job and I can recommend it for having a full flavour. Its heavy on caffine too, I had three of them on Sunday in the space of three hours and was buzzing about the place. Only downside is that a few shots I've pulled have not produced as much crema as I'd like or get on other beans. It might be due to channelling though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭marathonic

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Opened the first bag on Saturday. It was their Mocha Java blend. The freshness out of the bag was something else, it was roasted the day it was shipped so just at a great point of freshness. However I imagined a sweet chocolatey flavour. But like raw chocolate it is very bitter, even with sweetner added.

I read something on coffeeforums.co.uk about their roasts being better let rest for 7-10 days.

Did you notice any improvement in flavour after some time?

marathonic wrote: »
    I read something on coffeeforums.co.uk about their roasts being better let rest for 7-10 days.

Did you notice any improvement in flavour after some time?

Couldn't say I did though admittedly my taste buds are not as sensitive as others.

I think most roasting companies give best freshness from 7-10 days after roasting but it wasn't something I noticed. That said the bags Rave coffee came in weren't the most impressive I've ever seen, they were foil lined with a papery outer layer. I wouldn't have been that surprised if they got pierced during shipping.

Will be opening the third kilo this weekend so will report back. So far the Mocha Java blend just wasn't for me, it was just too bitter. I liked the Italian Job blend quite a lot but I actually think the Italian Passion blend by discountcoffee.ie is nicer and delivers much better crema.

Advertisement