Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Access to 365 Online

Options
  • 09-02-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    I've been trying to access 365online.com for the last two weeks without success.

Tried on different times of the day, different laptops, different browsers, but the result is the same.

could you please confirm that this is a know issue?

Thanks
    Rui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Rui,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties logging into 365 Online. This should be operating as normal. I just have some questions to try to trouble shoot this with you.

Can you confirm that you are typing the full address www.365online.com into the address bar or when you go to www.bankofireland.com and click through to 365 Online does this work for you? Are you getting an error message when you try to log in? Have you tried to log in through a different internet connection?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rmctex

Hi Sarah,
    I'm typing the full address.
    I got a message like " Connection aborted". Sometimes when the page loads OK, I introduce my details, but then nothing happens.

Today I got a different "error".

The page actually got loaded but completely unstructured. ( using google Chrome browser).

I tried using Internet Explorer, and it looks like it's working fine.

Thanks for the information Sarah.

Regards,
    Rui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks Rui,

As it appears to be specific to Google Chrome, we'd ask you to check the settings on Chrome and to try some trouble shooting yourself with this. It may be something on Chrome that is causing the page display to differ.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hang on,

I am having the issue with Chrome and Firefox, even when clearing all history and cookies

Firefox:

"The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I can successfully ping www.365online.com from a terminal

Note I am in Australia.

Please fix.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

It isn't a BOI problem. Delete all of your temporary internet files, cookies etc, restart the browser and try again.

• Advertisement

As mentioned mattaiuseire, I have tried this on Chrome and Firefox.

The issue is reproducible on Safari. Also.

None of these browsers are able to establish a secure connection with www.365online.com. There is nothing in the browser logs to suggest anything.
    Note I am able to reach other https sites with no issue. Also I can ping www.365online.com successfully.

Here is an excerpt from a Wireshark trace I just took (www.365onlines.com is 107.162.133.191) and I have filtered my mac address:

Frame 140: 54 bytes on wire (432 bits), 54 bytes captured (432 bits) on interface 0
    Ethernet II, Src: Technico_a6:06:91 (c4:ea:1d:a6:06:91), Dst: Apple_ec:2e:39 (*****)
    Internet Protocol Version 4, Src: 107.162.133.191 (107.162.133.191), Dst: 192.168.20.6 (192.168.20.6)
    Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: 443 (443), Dst Port: 52714 (52714), Seq: 1, Ack: 1, Len: 0
        Source Port: 443 (443)
        Destination Port: 52714 (52714)
        [Stream index: 25]
        [TCP Segment Len: 0]
        Sequence number: 1    (relative sequence number)
        Acknowledgment number: 1    (relative ack number)
        Header Length: 20 bytes
        .... 0000 0001 0100 = Flags: 0x014 (RST, ACK)
            000. .... .... = Reserved: Not set
            ...0 .... .... = Nonce: Not set
            .... 0... .... = Congestion Window Reduced (CWR): Not set
            .... .0.. .... = ECN-Echo: Not set
            .... ..0. .... = Urgent: Not set
            .... ...1 .... = Acknowledgment: Set
            .... .... 0... = Push: Not set
            .... .... .1.. = Reset: Set
                [Expert Info (Warn/Sequence): Connection reset (RST)]
                    [Connection reset (RST)]
                    [Severity level: Warn]
                    [Group: Sequence]
            .... .... ..0. = Syn: Not set
            .... .... ...0 = Fin: Not set
            [TCP Flags: *******A*R**]
        Window size value: 4080
        [Calculated window size: 4080]
        [Window size scaling factor: -2 (no window scaling used)]
        Checksum: 0x945c [validation disabled]
        Urgent pointer: 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Lima, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties connecting with the website.

I can confirm that the 365 Online site if operating normally. I see you're in Australia at the moment, can you let me know which ISP you're using and do you have an option to try through a different internet connection?

Thanks
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Try accessing it in an 'incognito' (Chrome) or 'private' (Firefox) browsing session as this disables most addons or cookies which might be interfering.

Hi Nicola,

Let me start by saying that I am a professional software test consultant so I can be of help here :-)

I tested on the following browsers:
    Chrome
    FireFox
    Safari
    Amazon Silk

All browsers were tested in incognito mode, as well as cleaning all data/cookies and restarting.

I tested on the following ISP's in Australia:
    Optus 3G (from mobile phone)
    Telstra 4G (from mobile phone and macbook)
    NBN Broadband (from Windows laptop)

Note as of 10am in Australia the unsecured connection issue remained.

As of 2pm the issue is no longer seen.

Please root cause and ensure this does not affect customers again

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon lima,

Thanks for getting in touch, and thank you for providing that info for us. Apologies you had limited access and we will pass this info on to our support team.

Thanks,

Evie

• Advertisement
Advertisement