Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB entry removal

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I was at home at Christmas and there was a stack of letters from an old address. Some of these were for a credit card bill with outstanding fees because of stamp duty. These fees were not applicable as I was no longer resident in Ireland and the bank said they will remove them.

However they had also logged a report with ICB regarding this. Is it possible to have this removed, and who is responsible for removing it?

And when it is removed, will there still be evidence present that may effect future credit ratings?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

9. What if there is a mistake on my report?

Mistakes can and do happen. They may be caused by either you or your lender.

• you might make a mistake in completing your direct debit form and miss a loan repayment on the due date;
    or
    • your lender might have agreed to let you postpone payments for a period, but forgot to change the report it sends to ICB.

By law, financial institutions must ensure that information they hold or give to anyone else about you is correct and up to date. So you have the right to insist that they correct any incorrect information about you.

If you find a mistake in your report, ask your lender to correct these details. Most lenders will act to correct any mistake and amend your credit report immediately. However, if you experience problems or delays, or if your lender fails to put things right for you, you can consider making a formal complaint and referring the matter to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
    Source: http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php

Advertisement