If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 speakers

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought a sony strn1050 and a Sony 43" TV from yourselves a while ago. And now (finally) ready to purchase speakers. I'm NOT an audiophile and will mainly be watching movies / playing games.  I'm somewhat limited by the bookshelf speaker height. It's a sloping roof with 130mm height but since it slopes i could 'tilt' the speakers or even turn it horizontally  (provided I can turn the logo too!?). 

So ideally I'd like the wharfedale dx1 hcp but the bookshelf speakers are a bit tall. So I think I've narrowed it down to the canton Movie 75 vs the Tannoy TFX. Is it worth spending a little extra on the Canton or would i even notice the difference? Size wise the cantons are perfect but I could fit the Tannoys. I'm just not sure it's worth the extra as I'm not sound obsessed! probably a trip to the shop is in order? But whats the best you could offer on either system, or is there open box / display for either system. I'd be happy with black or white in color. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vanti wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I bought a sony strn1050 and a Sony 43" TV from yourselves a while ago. And now (finally) ready to purchase speakers. I'm NOT an audiophile and will mainly be watching movies / playing games.  I'm somewhat limited by the bookshelf speaker height. It's a sloping roof with 130mm height but since it slopes i could 'tilt' the speakers or even turn it horizontally  (provided I can turn the logo too!?). 

So ideally I'd like the wharfedale dx1 hcp but the bookshelf speakers are a bit tall. So I think I've narrowed it down to the canton Movie 75 vs the Tannoy TFX. Is it worth spending a little extra on the Canton or would i even notice the difference? Size wise the cantons are perfect but I could fit the Tannoys. I'm just not sure it's worth the extra as I'm not sound obsessed! probably a trip to the shop is in order? But whats the best you could offer on either system, or is there open box / display for either system. I'd be happy with black or white in color. 

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Vanti.

The Canton does sound better than the Tannoy in my opinion.

The Canton Movie 75 is currently priced up at 399.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201147-canton-movie-75-blk.aspx

The Tannoy TFX coming in at 259.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12034-tfx-51.aspx

You could always book yourself in for a demo if you wanted to take a trip to our store here in Belfast?

At the moment we have no open box or clearance ones of these products.

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.