Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delete threads

Options
  • 09-02-2016 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Howcome you can't delete threads you started anymore?
    Before if you went into Edit there was an option to delete the thread but it's gone?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You can delete a post (including an OP) for up to 24 hours after you've posted it or edit it for up to 48 hours. After that, you'll need to report it to ask mods to delete/edit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can only delete a thread you've started by deleting the first post, but only if no-one's replied to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Spear wrote: »
    You can only delete a thread you've started by deleting the first post, but only if no-one's replied to it.

Not so.
    I created this thread yesterday less than 24 hours ago.
    No-one has replied to it, but when I click on ''Edit'' the delete option is not there

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558446

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Can you put up a screenshot?
    You should be seeing a Delete button first before you get the option

Taltos wrote: »

Ok on the PC when I click on edit mode no delete button appears at all. Everytime I try to upload the screen shot to here the browser crashes.
    On the phone an option called 'delete mode' appears but when I select it I get the message 'you are trying to delete the first message in a thread but you don't have permission to delete threads'

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »

Would I be right in saying I can't upload a screen shot to a comment here from my Phone (Android)? I can't see an option for it when I'm on boards on my phone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Would I be right in saying I can't upload a screen shot to a comment here from my Phone (Android)? I can't see an option for it when I'm on boards on my phone

The attachment option is a bit broken after the move to Cloudflare. Try using imgur.com or the like in the mean time.

Screen shot attached. Could an admin pretty please delete this thread for me as boards wouldn't allow me to even when I was within the 24 hours and even though there were no replies?

I've deleted the thread now. No one can view those attachments as attachments still aren't working. If you follow Spear's advice and use a hosting site for the images, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

I've deleted the thread now. No one can view those attachments as attachments still aren't working. If you follow Spear's advice and use a hosting site for the images, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Work wifi has blocked imgur.com :(

I've deleted the thread now.

Thanks.

The thread is still there
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558446

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Nuked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Any chance you can delete this thread too. It appears I'm having the same problem. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057560338

Any chance you can delete this thread too. It appears I'm having the same problem. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057560338

That's not the same issue, that thread has replies. You'll need to ask the D15 mods about that.

Advertisement