Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change coins to notes in bank

Options
  • 09-02-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I know there used to be only certain times you could bring coins to the bank, is this still the case? If so, could you let me know the times for the Eyre Square branch in Galway? I've looked online and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Also, I presume I can just go in and swap my coins for notes? I don't want to lodge them, just want them in notes... I don't see any reason why they'd need to go through my account!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

A bank teller (at a different bank) once told me they need your account details so that they have recourse in case something turns up wrong with the coins you presented. It does happen from time to time since they usually just pour the coins into an automatic sorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

Ah ok, that makes sense. The only reason I don't want it going through my bank account, is that it's a joint account and it's not my main account. My main personal account is with another bank, I only had bank of Ireland coin bags at home, so I might just change them over to another banks coin bags... Out of interest though, does anyone know if there's still restricted times for coin lodgement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

GlowStick wrote: »
    I know there used to be only certain times you could bring coins to the bank, is this still the case? If so, could you let me know the times for the Eyre Square branch in Galway? I've looked online and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Also, I presume I can just go in and swap my coins for notes? I don't want to lodge them, just want them in notes... I don't see any reason why they'd need to go through my account!
    Good Afternoon GlowStick, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Coin lodgement facilities are available in the Eyre Square branch during normal business hours for Personal customers so you can pop in anytime. The coin would need to be fully bagged, in the correct denominations and would need to be lodged to your account directly. However, once lodged you can withdraw the funds in notes at the ATM within the branch. 

You can find more information on the Eyre Square branch opening times and available services here

We hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You don't have to use the bank's specific coin bags Glowstick. I know they'd prefer you to, as it sets up another barrier to over-the-counter banking if you don't have them and think you need them, but you won't be refused once they're counted up properly. I note the bank's rep didn't mention this fact in her reply.

;)

Advertisement