Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Gamebred wrote: »
    Whats the catch here? they are usually about 200 dollars I think this must be a replica?

Possibly, the seller has low feedback number, all positive though.

Also, it looks as though he only has A1 A3 and A4 sizes. No good for me as I need an A2.........otherwise id take the punt for fiddy bucks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mini850 wrote: »
    Possibly, the seller has low feedback number, all positive though.

Also, it looks as though he only has A1 A3 and A4 sizes. No good for me as I need an A2.........otherwise id take the punt for fiddy bucks

Yeah im A2 meself so no use to me I probably woulda taking a chance even if it wasnt real 50 quid for a spare one is **** all,ive a pain in my hole trying to get them dry with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyone got a Shoyoroll one? disaster to try get hold of one.
    That's the point tbh

Mellor wrote: »
    That's the point tbh

Between them and Yeezy's ive taken so many L's.

Yeah im A2 meself so no use to me I probably woulda taking a chance even if it wasnt real 50 quid for a spare one is **** all,ive a pain in my hole trying to get them dry with the weather.

I hear ya, I have two........one is dry.........I have training tonight and a seminar on saturday....

wheres the Febreeze??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I hear ya, I have two........one is dry.........I have training tonight and a seminar on saturday....

wheres the Febreeze??

What seminar is on Saturday do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've 3 Gi's and train 3 times a week....im an engineer so needed a balanced rotational system :P

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What seminar is on Saturday do you mind me asking?

Leonardo Costa (Blk Belt 3rd degree), founder of PGT is holding a seminar for the Irish branch of PGT team in Gorey on Saturday.

That eBay Go isn't a SYR. It's just a cheap black gi without a logo. Under brand it says "eastlake".

Leonardo Costa (Blk Belt 3rd degree), founder of PGT is holding a seminar for the Irish branch of PGT team in Gorey on Saturday.

I thought that was it alright. I'm hoping to get up myself but have to go off Saturday morning.

I'll grab a roll with you if I make it.

• Advertisement

I thought that was it alright. I'm hoping to get up myself but have to go off Saturday morning.

I'll grab a roll with you if I make it.

Not on till 4pm dude.........it should be deadly

Look for the guy who is getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis but still looks happy :D

Not on till 4pm dude.........it should be deadly

Look for the guy who is getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis but still looks happy :D

I'll be the guy double up struggling to breathe after 10 minutes because I haven't trained in months :pac:

I'll be the guy double up struggling to breathe after 10 minutes because I haven't trained in months :pac:

Ha, id say there will be a good hour of rolling after the seminar so when the going gets tough, seek me out for a "flow roll" :cool: get your breath back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dashoonage wrote: »
    I've 3 Gi's and train 3 times a week....im an engineer so needed a balanced rotational system :P

You can never have too many gis!

They take forever to dry, so I've ended up with five :pac:

I saw this pop up on my Instagram last night > https://ashigaramifundamentals.com/

Has anyone used it? I would love to develop some semblance of a foot lock game. Or a game in general... :pac:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You can never have too many gis!

They take forever to dry, so I've ended up with five :pac:

I saw this pop up on my Instagram last night > https://ashigaramifundamentals.com/

Has anyone used it? I would love to develop some semblance of a foot lock game. Or a game in general... :pac:

I'm going a way for a few days so its working out ill have all my Gi's dry at once...its broken the rotational system and its driving me nuts :P

Has any one watching this? it drags on im currently watching 20 or so mins every time I get a chance

Find myself agreeing with a lot of his views on BJJ, the starting rolling from the knee's really bothers me it happens in my gym due to the lack of wrestling experience the coach has and also the lack of space when the mats full,

we do a bit of judo basic stuff and and some flying armbars and stuff like that but you really see in competition how uncomfortable people are especially new ish guys who can spend 2 or 3 minute in a grip fight standing with neither knowing what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'm looking to buy my first BJJ gi. Wolfhound are currently sold out. What do you guys think of this one by sub only? The price seems very reasonable.
    http://www.subonlygis.com/index.php/default/store/bjj-gi/sub-only-flow-series-1.html

Be back in stock next week... have a huge amount of club orders and US orders with the strong dollar.

RoboRat wrote: »
    Be back in stock next week... have a huge amount of club orders and US orders with the strong dollar.

Hows the design coming on the boards.ie patch ? :P

• Advertisement

Pure mental, Ive heard of someone demoting themselves but not promoting themselves up a belt in BJJ.

Wonder who gave him his purple belt??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I can't say I've used it, but my issue would be that it's so specific. Everything in it is apparently IBJJF legal at all belt levels so it's missing out (admittedly deliberately) on huge fundamental parts of leg locks.

I'm sure it's a nice "system" but I'd much rather learn (and teach) the full area, then pare it back for specific rulesets rather than try to add to an IBJJF legal framework.

I'd avoid it tbh. For a few reasons, they've called it Ashi Garami, which is copying a name Danaher coined as part of his system. Not, the name comes from Judo (means leg entanglement) so Danaher doesn't have ownership of it, but it strikes as an attempt to connect his product to the Danaher Leg lock system. Not a good sign.
    Also, his description of ashi garami is wrong.
    Once your opponent enters into the "system", whether he/she is standing up (Single Leg X-Guard) or on the ground (Ashi Garami), you will be in attacking mode
    It's not the case that one is standing and the other seated. SLX and Ashi Garami are the same position. It's just that the DDS guys tend to use seated variations more often, and they use the Ashi naming.

Danaher teaches the position slightly differently, but its not to do with seated or standing. It's foot position.
    Now, maybe the guy above knows all that and is just choosing to use the same name in his system. Which is up to him, but I wouldn't be taking a gamble on that with my money when the free info out there is good.

Danaher is a bit secretive about the system, which has led to many misconceptions. A guy earlier tried to recreated a Danaher seminar on youtube (for his members), but it went public and he took some heat over it. There were also a few mistakes apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

MagicIRL, get yourself down to Smullen's classes on Mondays and Tuesdays whilst John is away, you'll learn plenty of neat new leglocking controls and finishes. ;-)

Thought some of you guys might dig this. A Vlog (I'm calling them LeeLog, not quite MacLife...) on a trip me and a few of the guys took to Mullingar in Co. Westmeath. Lee Hammond was teaching a seminar in one of our affiliates. I shot some footage on the GoPro and stuck it together. Don't worry, it's not as long as the last one. ;-)

The king of Berimbolo's great grappler.

I thnk that Vlog LeeLog came up on my facebook feed this morning. Just seen it scrolling past. Was that you?

The king of Berimbolo's great grappler.

Yeah Rafa Mendes is fairly decent isn't he? :pac:

Don't think we're FB mates, Mellor, so I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mellor wrote: »
    I thnk that Vlog LeeLog came up on my facebook feed this morning. Just seen it scrolling past. Was that you?

If it was sandwiched between two prog metal music videos then yes, it was him! :pac:

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    Yeah Rafa Mendes is fairly decent isn't he? :pac:

Don't think we're FB mates, Mellor, so I don't think so.
    I'll have to go find it now and see was it the same video...

Advertisement