Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Tazzimus wrote: »

Ha I know him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Too much of a walking brand advertisement imo, wouldnt know it has anything to do with Jiu Jitsu by looking at it, just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

Thanks for the replies re early morning or lunch time classes - seems to be none over the Northside unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

I much prefer the subtlety , i don't particularly like the word fightwear printed on it , tatami do the same on their stuff ,
    anybody who trains knows the brands ,, +1 for the wolfhound hoody , really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 39,337 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Started a new job yesterday. Still finding my feet in the place. Came in this morning and the was a Gi sitting on a desk in the staff area on the ground floor. A Gi with a black belt tied around it. Obviously my attention skyrocketed. I paused for a minute, but there was nobody in the immediate ate and I had to get upstairs.
    I kept my eyes peeled for whoever owned it. But I didn't see it again.

Obviously I'm curious in general. But a little part of me is hoping there's some place nearby for a roll at lunch or before work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mellor wrote: »
    Started a new job yesterday. Still finding my feet in the place. Came in this morning and the was a Gi sitting on a desk in the staff area on the ground floor. A Gi with a black belt tied around it. Obviously my attention skyrocketed. I paused for a minute, but there was nobody in the immediate ate and I had to get upstairs.
    I kept my eyes peeled for whoever owned it. But I didn't see it again.

Obviously I'm curious in general. But a little part of me is hoping there's some place nearby for a roll at lunch or before work.

Only one way to find out who owns it... Double leg take downs on everyone and whoever stuffs your take down is your BB :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Only one way to find out who owns it... Double leg take downs on everyone and whoever stuffs your take down is your BB :pac:
    I'm not sure I can bank on all blackbelts having good TDD, could be guard pulling, butt scooter.

I'll just have to walk around getting grips and pull half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

butt scooter.

Ah, the sick dog guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'm not sure I can bank on all blackbelts having good TDD, could be guard pulling, butt scooter.

I'll just have to walk around getting grips and pull half.

Walk around with your belt tied incorrectly, any BB worth their salt would start to squirm at the sight of that... Just watch out for the person who is sweating and twitching uncontrollably.

lanciadub wrote: »
    I much prefer the subtlety , i don't particularly like the word fightwear printed on it , tatami do the same on their stuff ,
    anybody who trains knows the brands ,, +1 for the wolfhound hoody , really nice

Some people like branding, some don't.

Personally I am in favour of subtlety but when we designed that originally we were a new brand and it was all about awareness and marketing... and coming from 16 years in marketing, it's hard to listen to my heart when my head is constantly shouting MARKETING!!!

• Advertisement

This is a rough draft of what I am thinking, I needs to be polished and I am not 100% on the back graphic

2ug1dn6.jpg

This is another option for the back - the celtic shaka:

2nn0uw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Will the old ones still be available? The ones that are currently listed as sold out on the website??

They are mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

John_D80 wrote: »
    Will the old ones still be available? The ones that are currently listed as sold out on the website??

They are mint.

Agreed , I'd order one of them if they come back in stock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

RoboRat wrote: »
    This is a rough draft of what I am thinking, I needs to be polished and I am not 100% on the back graphic

2ug1dn6.jpg

This is another option for the back - the celtic shaka:

2nn0uw.jpg

To be honest I would prefer the old hoodie with the wolfhound fightwear logo over either of those. The celtic knot work risks straying into Irish gift shop territory, but I suspect from your comment about not being 100% on it that you're already aware of that.

I like the gaelic element in the wolfhound fightwear stuff, but I think it's got to be very low key.

But everyone's got an opinion!

They are mint.

The masses have spoken, I will re-order the old ones so.

You're right black sheep, I wasn't too hot on the back and I don't want it to be diddly eye which it looked - usually I do about 30 or so designs and haven't had the chance to get to that... I do like the front graphic though but perhaps that'f for something else.

I was exploring the concept of the old book of kells style representation of a dog but I think its a bit OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Yeah the older hoodie looks ****ing awesome. Ill definitely order one when they're back in stock.

The mystery black belt saga continues.
    I had a look at the staff list today. No names that I recognise. But I've spotted 3 with potential.

A guy who's surname is "Maia"
    A chick who's a "Da Silva"
    And a "Nascimento", whose first name is the Portuguese version of Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

My money is on it being "Maia"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

My money is on it being "Maia"

too obvious im going with Da Silva.

Funnily enough, I'm back Nasimento at this point.

I haven't seen any of them, at least if I have I wasn't aware who's who. I suppose checking if cauliflower ears and gammy fingers is next step.

• Advertisement

The masses have spoken, I will re-order the old ones so.

Excellent. Please give us a heads up here if you can a few days before they are back in stock.

I've been checking the website every few days for the last month or so but would hate to miss them.

It will be a few weeks before we get them in so I will let you know when they are in before I put them live :-)

It will be a few weeks before we get them in so I will let you know when they are in before I put them live :-)

And the promo code for the 10% discount is ''boardsbjj'' right? :P :D :P

And the promo code for the 10% discount is ''boardsbjj'' right? :P :D :P

Fair enough, 10% discount for boardsies... use the code boardsbjjnutters at the checkout. Can be used on everything and its live now :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Fair play!

What's next on the kimono front... What's in the works, new stuff or re-stocks of the existing designs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fair enough, 10% discount for boardsies... use the code boardsbjjnutters at the checkout. Can be used on everything and its live now :-)

Wanna throw the link to your site up?.. Of course I'm not asking you to advertise, I just lost it from my favorites :P

It's not advertising if I post it right, ;)

https://www.wolfhoundfightwear.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's not advertising if I post it right, ;)

https://www.wolfhoundfightwear.com/

I had it covered anyway

Every year or so my gym hosts a seminar. Just found out that this year it'll be Rickson Gracie. :eek:

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, I'm back Nasimento at this point.

I haven't seen any of them, at least if I have I wasn't aware who's who. I suppose checking if cauliflower ears and gammy fingers is next step.

Any update, this is becoming like the 'I found a safe' thread!!!

Advertisement