Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the Chinese revolution

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wonderful news. Costa should take the money.
    Chelsea bought there way to the top. I hope similar happens to City now as well. Karma is a beautiful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Really poor form from Costa being "unsettled" by this offer.He signed a contract he should go in and do his ****ing job just like the rest of us have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wonderful news. Costa should take the money.
    Chelsea bought there way to the top. I hope similar happens to City now as well. Karma is a beautiful thing.

So precious.

Football is a business, investing is a key component and always has been. The teams with the most money have always done the best.

If you like watching the historically big teams compete in a 2 team league I suggest you watch La Liga.

Lukker- wrote: »
    So precious.

Football is a business, investing is a key component and always has been. The teams with the most money have always done the best.

If you like watching the historically big teams compete in a 2 team league I suggest you watch La Liga.

I think he's pointing out that 2 teams that almost 100% bought there way too the top can't really complain if they happen to be out bidded by even newer money.

Also business has actually ruined competitiveness in the game.All the major leagues in Europe were much more competitive prior to the game becoming more business like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think he's pointing out that 2 teams that almost 100% bought there way too the top can't really complain if they happen to be out bidded by even newer money.

Also business has actually ruined competitiveness in the game.All the major leagues in Europe were much more competitive prior to the game becoming more business like.

He should watch Sunday League so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Really poor form from Costa being "unsettled" by this offer.He signed a contract he should go in and do his ****ing job just like the rest of us have to.

Yes, because you wouldn't have your head turned if someone offered to treble your wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£600k a week after tax take the money and run Diego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Offering 30 million a year in wages for Diego Costa. Costa hasn't trained for last 3 days.

Transfer reportedly 80 million!!!!

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My Aguero top scorer bet approves of this news

• Advertisement

There are 16 teams in the Chinese Super League each team is only allowed 4 foreigners so there really isn't going to be a huge exodus from European football.

64 foreign players in total is the limit for now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There are 16 teams in the Chinese Super League each team is only allowed 4 foreigners so there really isn't going to be a huge exodus from European football.

64 foreign players in total is the limit for now anyway.
    Sounds like that'd be something that will change if this is their strategy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The money he's been offered is eye watering. I don't even like Costa but hard to blame him for wanting to take up that deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Chinese second division also throwing money around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some might cost a little,
    some might cost a lot,
    but they're the Chinese Super League,
    and you will be bought!
    Hahahahahahaha.

I do find it amusing watching the Chinese clubs flaunting it like Mayweather. Maybe they will arrange the McGregor/Mayweather fight in Beijing as a half-time show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Put it like this lads say you currently earn 40 grand a year. This new job would pay you 300 grand a year... for doing the same job just in a different country... bearing in mind you don't even live in your "home" country as it stands!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well this is an enjoyable breaking news story

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Put it like this lads say you currently earn 40 grand a year. This new job would pay you 300 grand a year... for doing the same job just in a different country... bearing in mind you don't even live in your "home" country as it stands!!

It's not the same thing. If you earn 40 grand you are struggling to pay rent or mortgage and have a few pound for a few drinks / few lines or a new telly or whatever you're into. Going to 300 would mean you could buy your house and all of this crap and still have a few quid for a blowy from some slag every Sunday morning.

Going from 8m a year to 20m isn't the same situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's not the same thing. If you earn 40 grand you are struggling to pay rent or mortgage and have a few pound for a few drinks / few lines or a new telly or whatever you're into. Going to 300 would mean you could buy your house and all of this crap and still have a few quid for a blowy from some slag every Sunday morning.

Going from 8m a year to 20m isn't the same situation.

It's 4million to 30 million per season is his increase and say what you want but for some people it doesn't matter how much money they have they'll allways want more... costa is probably thinking with that kind of a raise he can set everyone in his family in England ,Spain ,china and Brazil up for life

Yes, because you wouldn't have your head turned if someone offered to treble your wages.

I'd have my head turned alright but if I was a top level sportsman competing for a big prize I think I'd still be able to focus on that for the moment.He's being paid to play for Chelsea for the moment he should do what he is paid to do and not throw his toys out of the pram and not turn up for training as is being reported.

It is possible to do your job while also being subject to the prospect of a transfer.

It's 4million to 30 million per season is his increase and say what you want but for some people it doesn't matter how much money they have they'll allways want more... costa is probably thinking with that kind of a raise he can set everyone in his family in England ,Spain ,china and Brazil up for life

To be fair I'd say even his own mother thinks he's a cnut

• Advertisement

Fans of English clubs complaining about players moving for cash is delicious. They've been at it for years.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Fans of English clubs complaining about players moving for cash is delicious. They've been at it for years.

Especially when they wonder why players wouldn't prefer to win the league for Liverpool once every 30 years

Especially when they wonder why players wouldn't prefer to win the league for Liverpool once every 30 years

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Can't blame the South American players tbh.

A lot of them come from incredibly impoverished backgrounds. Earning 30 million a season not only sets their own immediate family up, but also aunts, uncles and cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »

First it was the Germans then it was the Italians then it was English and now its the Chinese. The Yanks never did embrace football capitalism fully for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lukker- wrote: »
    He should watch Sunday League so
    :confused:
    I often watch Leinster Senior League games.

I'm delighted clubs like Chelsea & City could lose players.
    Liverpool could lose some players too but Klopp has always unearthed gems out of nowhere not relied on huge money compared to our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the offer came in and he was told there was no chance they'd let him go I could understand him taking a stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone think Rooney is perfect for China. He has won everything that can be won in club football. Beat the record at utd then go off and make himself 50 million for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

..........or play for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone think Rooney is perfect for China. He has won everything that can be won in club football. Beat the record at utd then go off and make himself 50 million for a few years.
    Likes Chinese food too

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3774270/amp/Inside-Wing-s-Chinese-restaurant-s-favourite-haunt-Premier-League-stars.html?client=ms-android-samsung

And speaks the lingo!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/wayne-rooney-speaking-chinese-most-8453432

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I cant blame any player moving to China and taking the money on offer especially a player who may be coming to the end of his career.
    Take Rooney for example,he is a huge name in Asian if he moved there this summer he is probably looking at 30m a season.
    He has won everything at club level why not take the big bucks for 2 season's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Rooney will definitely go. I think he may have moved on last Summer but wanted to get the goal record. Don't blame him if that was one of his sole reasons to stay on, can't see that beaten again, the way careers go.

How can you say Rooney will definitely head to China ?
    Has there been any link to that ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    How can you say Rooney will definitely head to China ?
    Has there been any link to that ?

jeez man, just a term of expression based on an opinion. Obviously I haven't been on the phone to him.

jeez man, just a term of expression based on an opinion. Obviously I haven't been on the phone to him.

No need to be a sarky prick.

Well, in my defence, I assumed thats what you were being!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Rooney will definitely go. I think he may have moved on last Summer but wanted to get the goal record. Don't blame him if that was one of his sole reasons to stay on, can't see that beaten again, the way careers go.

Doesn't strike me as a lad who would go to expand his horizons, or embrace a new culture or anything like that. Unless the Mrs fancies the cash, I'm not do sure. She might fancy a trip to the USA more, maybe a reality TV show or something.

Doesn't strike me as a lad who would go to expand his horizons, or embrace a new culture or anything like that. Unless the Mrs fancies the cash, I'm not do sure. She might fancy a trip to the USA more, maybe a reality TV show or something.

Well he has got to go somewhere. I really can't see him, at only 31, settling for the dwindling amount of appearances at United, especially if (when) United purchase someone like Griezman this Summer. Can't see him staying in England of course and unless he heads to the continent for a couple of years, I think China is the most likely destination. On balance of every possibility, the percentages point to that move. Of course there is the fact he will want to play at a high distinctive level to keep his World Cup place which could be jeapordised playing in China.

Again there is nothing certain but balancing every prospect, if I was asked to pick an option where he would be this time next year I would take a chance with China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Chinese League introducing new rules on number of foreign players permitted. This will probably slow down the influx of foreign players for now.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38636082
    Teams can only play three foreign players at a time.
    Previously the rule was "4+1" - four foreigners of any nationality plus one Asian in a matchday squad.

Teams will now also be required to name two under-23 Chinese players in their matchday squads.

Personally, I can see it being pushed back to next season as teams will need to adjust their squads but I can see it curtailing the rush of players to the Chinese league for now.

• Advertisement

Massive news in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damn Sturridge to China just became 25% less likely.

The bubble about to burst already.

13 clubs in trouble for not paying players.

Crisis hits Chinese Super League as 13 clubs face expulsion for failure to pay players
    CHINESE FOOTBALL HAS been thrown into chaos with 13 Chinese Super League sides warned they face expulsion.
    Those at the centre of the allegations are accused by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) of failing to pay player salaries and bonuses, related transfer fees and taxes.
    The Chinese Football Association (CFA) have received a letter from the AFC warning of the potential repercussions an inability to get their financial house in order could bring.
    The accused clubs are Beijing Guoan, Beijing Renhe, Shanghai Shenhua, Shanghai SIPG, Guangzhou Evergrande, Guangzhou R&F, Jiangsu Suning, Changchun Yatai, Chongqing Lifan, Hebei China Fortune, Tianjin Quanjian, Tianjin Teda, Liaoning Whowin, Shandong Luneng, Dalian Transcendence, Shanghai Shenxin, Shijiazhuang Ever Bright and Qingdao Jonoon.
    The CFA published the letter on Tuesday and added that any club which fails to settle the issue by August 15 will be disqualified from all tournaments hosted by the AFC and denied entry to the Chinese professional leagues next season.
    Up until now, both Beijing Guoan and Shanghai Shenhua have denied the accusations and promised to send the relevant evidence to the CFA as soon as possible proving their innocence.
    Guangzhou Evergrande are the reigning Chinese Super League champions, while Shanghai SIPG have the likes of Hulk, Oscar and Ricardo Carvalho on their books.
    Shanghai Shenhua are reported to be paying Argentine striker Carlos Tevez around £615,000-a-week to grace their squad and must now prove that they are not involved in any wrongdoing.
    Of the 16 sides to make up the Chinese top flight, only Yanbian Fude, Henan Jianye and Guizhou Hengfeng have no case to answer.
    The Chinese government have already moved to try and avoid a situation such as this from occurring, following a spate of big-money deals.
    Leading sides in the country were accused of “burning money” on foreign players rather than investing in youth development programmes.
    Plans were laid out to “set a cap for clubs’ expenditures for buying players, and inhibit unreasonable investment”.
    These policies were intended to “combat signing bonuses, shadow contracts, and other violations, and sternly handle clubs, players or brokers that demand or seek signing bonuses”

http://www.the42.ie/chinese-super-league-crisis-clubs-expulsion-3513578-Jul2017/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

The bubble about to burst already.

13 clubs in trouble for not paying players.

Crisis hits Chinese Super League as 13 clubs face expulsion for failure to pay players

http://www.the42.ie/chinese-super-league-crisis-clubs-expulsion-3513578-Jul2017/

good - it helped propel so much that is wrong in modern football - ridiculous wages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

thebaz wrote: »
    good - it helped propel so much that is wrong in modern football - ridiculous wages

The premier league is doing this all on its own and long before the Chinese started.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Soups123 wrote: »
    The premier league is doing this all on its own and long before the Chinese started.......

on its own ??

Real Madrid not playing a part - not to mention the Chinese circus ....

Nevermind

• Advertisement
Advertisement