Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 9 | No Way Out [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I loved the episode, and I gave it 10 just because it was so much fun and so damn entertaining. I don't watch this show for realism, its about a zombie apocalypse after all.

One thing I will say though. I can get past most of the ridiculous things for the reason above (Glenn included), but I laughed out loud that not one of them died at the end when they were taking on the horde. They were completely surrounded, and I would go as far as to say that it was literally impossible for none of them to get at least bitten (as impossible as a zombie plague in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i found the fact it was quiet bright when they walked out of the house covered in zombie blood etc.... how big is alexandria that it was pitch black when there starting fighting.... like were they walking around in circles

Now dont get me wrong - i honestly thought it was epic! haha loved that episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Didn't like that little montage of everyone's a stone cold killer now yeehaaww bit at the end.

Loved that bit. Mainly because it was a homage to the comic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

One thing I will say though. I can get past most of the ridiculous things for the reason above (Glenn included), but I laughed out loud that not one of them died at the end when they were taking on the horde. They were completely surrounded, and I would go as far as to say that it was literally impossible for none of them to get at least bitten (as impossible as a zombie plague in the first place).

Yeah, and the original plan was to get to the armoury but that was scrapped because "there's too many of them". Not too many of them to be hacked in the head though. Which you know, is more dangerous and tiring.

Morgan saying "sorry" to the Wolf guy as a zombie, that was just so lame. He couldn't even kill him as a zombie ffs, he had to swing at him with the blunt end of the stick.

People saying it's a great episode because it had a lot of action and produced different emotions but it just didn't make sense or something.

Like others said, Glenn survivng the hail of bullets was just dumb. Either have him get shot or use strategic firing, not blindly spraying in his direction.

Carl surviving a "close range" shot to the head, with limited medical supplies and a "doctor" who did a couple years of medical school, was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loved that bit. Mainly because it was a homage to the comic.

That bit in the comic had a much bigger impact on me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

What was stupid for me was when Glenn's ran himself into a corner it seemed a machine gun just took out all the Walkers who were inches from eating Glenn.

1. First off the machine gun would have had to hit every walker in the head for them to die and from what i can remember it seemed that none were head shots. If you hit them in the stomach or shoulder they would keep coming at Glenn.

2. How quick and accurate was the shooting? Firstly to head shot each walker at rapid pace but also not to accidentally hit Glenn

3. If shooting at rotten flesh and skull with Glenn directly behind it, surely some bullets would go right through the rotten flesh and hit Glenn. Bullets go right through normal healthy human flesh and bone all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Hope Morgan gets got. Aside from the refusal to kill, flinging that stick around like it's a twizzler and it's supposed to be able to knock folk out? Gimme a break.

The zombie killing montage at the end was ridiculous. Made even more so by the fact that even Eugene strapped on a pair and went out and killed his share. Ridiculous how he could turn from cowering wreck to zombie destroyer in the blink of an eye.

Other than that, delighted Carl got took a shot, delighted that little whimpering snot Sam and his family got killed too. The blowing up of the bikes was badass, I laughed quite hard at that. Darryl is a legend.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but did anyone else think Sam was the spit of the kid who played Robin Williams' son in 'Hook'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didn't think it was anything special, gave it a 4, I knew they had to get rid of the walkers but it didn't have anything in it to keep me watching. Spent good part of it surfing the Web while listening to it in the background

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Similar thoughts to others. Decent episode but some things really stood out. Ignoring the cliffhanger was stupid, the death scene really should have happened as soon as Rick et al were shown onscreen. I also don't think the Rick/Jessie relationship was developed enough for what he did to have a big impact. Also wouldn't have made it as blatantly obvious that Jessie was dead before Rick acted either to ensure the audience still see him as a hero. Had been waiting months for that and it was a bit underwhelming.

The shift from day time to night time was jarring. Did Glenn have to wait in the church for hours to ensure his plan coincided with the others?

Rick wouldn't have left Judith with Gabriel.

Doctor Super Sight being able to tell Carl hadn't been bitten from a good bit away in the dark.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MarkR wrote: »
    Ricks kamikaze run outside was madness, I don't know whether he was trying to kill himself, or all the walkers, or whether he had any plan, but it worked out. Not even a brb, got to kill something? Little help?

I thought it was that what little chance Carl had would be shot to pieces by the crowd of zombies who would eventually come over to them so he went bad ass to draw them away and go a bit like Tyrese in the prison (from the comic) and just work out his issues.

At the very least he hoped to lure them away or start them moving in a different direction, no matter the cost to himself.

Either way, I loved the episode, not a ten but it was damn enjoyable, my daughter said it was the most entertaining she has seen in a long while, and for the first time in a long time the plotholes that were wide enough to park that petrol tanker in didn't hinder my enjoyment.

Although my daughter did point out the fact that if previous seasons were anything to go by, the intermediate episodes until the finale will be a damp squib, hopefully not though and the budget is enough to keep it reasonably up tempo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

CramCycle wrote: »
    Either way, I loved the episode, not a ten but it was damn enjoyable, my daughter said it was the most entertaining she has seen in a long while, and for the first time in a long time the plotholes that were wide enough to park that petrol tanker in didn't hinder my enjoyment.

This would sum up my feelings on this episode too. Enjoyable, entertaining and a return to a good form for the show, but still filled with plot holes and devices that are there purely for moving the story along. Those didn't detract from enjoying it, but they are still there and can't be ignored. I gave it 7, as this clearly isn't the best that TWD has ever produced, but it's better than some recent episodes. Plus, using a bazooka to blow up a bunch of guys is always a good way to start an episode.

The first thing that struck me was the complete lack of continuity between the end of episode 8 and the start of this one. Sam was getting very verbal, walkers were noticing him, everyone was getting agitated... and then nothing. It's like it just didn't happen. That's annoying.

Getting shot in the head means certain death at the best of times, so getting shot in the head in a zombie apocalypse with no hospital, doctors, etc, should mean that Carl is dead. I'm all for surviving impossible situations, but this is the same as Glen surviving not one but two hoards on top of him, completely unscathed. It's pushing the bounds of how much disbelief you can suspend.

I thought that killing off Sam, Jessie and Ron was maybe a bit much. They were somewhat interesting, had had some decent build up, and then were just cut down. For a show that started out killing off major characters left right and centre, they've gone to now just introducing canon fodder on a weekly basis to save them from culling original cast members. That's a bit annoying too.

Still, it was enjoyable, there was some good hacking of walkers by everyone, including the residents and even Kenny Powers, so I guess they'll get to move on as a more united group to fight this Negan character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm sure Doctor lady was able to figure out that Carl had been shot because she had actually heard the gunshot while hiding out with Wolfie. It was a little implausible that Glenn survived again - maybe he was just that little bit out of range of the bullets? Long shot, I know. Not all of the walkers Abraham shot were taken out with a head shot, some were still moving in front of Glenn, I think. The only bit that annoyed me was seeing both girls balancing precariously on the rickety platform instead of standing on the solid looking walkway behind them. I assumed Enid was going to say "Maggie, over here!" but nope.

It was still a 10/10 episode! It opened spectacularly - holy sh1t, bikers go boom!

It was heart wrenching - an entire family got wiped out in minutes and Carl got cyclopsed.

It was beautifully shot - that killing montage ending with a fierce shot of Rick was gorgeous, as was the shot of the walkers entering the flames.

It was uplifting - everyone stepped up, even Eugene and NotSuchanAngel Gabriel, they cleared the herd and Rick got his hope back and was rewarded by a hand squeeze from his son. Loved that episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    It was heart wrenching - an entire family got wiped out in minutes and Carl got cyclopsed.

I rated the episode 8/10. I rate this comment 11/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I found that very emotional; so much so that I didn't notice any of the issues or plot holes that people are talking about. If I had noticed them, they wouldn't have mattered. I was totally absorbed by the fight. My adrenaline is still high.

I'm going to try and work 'bible glock' into a conversation this week.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

How many churches are there exactly? The first which fell over, the second where Glen found a gun, the third where the crinkles were hiding out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hot blonde mom gone :/

see the kid on talking dead, glad his character killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

delly wrote: »
    How many churches are there exactly? The first which fell over, the second where Glen found a gun, the third where the crinkles were hiding out.

Yeah, I was expecting that when Glenn and whatshername locked the doors of the church so they could look for a gun, that Gabriel would arrive with the baby and start hammering on the door. It would have been a fitting end for him at one point, if he died while hammering on the doors of a church (hammering his bloody fists, not hammering theses like Luther), but I guess he's heading down a more redemptive route now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Rick is just poison to any women in his life! Have a feeling they have a core group of characters they just won't kill so had no worries when they took on the zombie army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Rick is just poison to any women in his life! Have a feeling they have a core group of characters they just won't kill so had no worries when they took on the zombie army.

It took 6 seasons to realise that? 😜
    Daryl, Carol, Rick, Carl and probably Michone are on the won't kill list.
    Glenn is clearly immortal now and won't be killed. Maggie on the other hand, I just have a feeling she's fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

delly wrote: »

I think the church/building Father G was in is in front of "the Monroes"
    The church that Glenn and Enid where in is in top left
    The "watch tower" that fell over is on right

map drawing ,
    o8geZQR.jpg

Good UAV view of ASZ at link , minor minor spoiler for future episodes as its shows an
    extension of wall
    although tower is still standing
    http://i.imgur.com/HPI7E6F.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

How big is that town? they starting walking in broad daylight then it got dark and still were in the pretty much the same spot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Its quite common in the US. Lots of different denominations of Christians and other religions each with their own Church. Baptist, Presbyterian, Evangelical, Catholic, Protestant, Lutharnism, Restoration etc

Even if you go around Belfast you will see several churches of different denominations on one street.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The watch tower isn't a church. Neither is the one that Gabriel was using - it was just converted. The only real church is outside the walls and the one Glenn found the gun in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Pile of ****e of an episode. Alexandria must be the size of new York considering they set off during the day and its feckin night time in the next scene.
    Also, I found the death scene for that child a bit ott. I mean what was the point?
    Then rick going mad at hundreds of zombies and not one of them gets hurt in the process?
    Glenn... Sweet Jesus what a stupid scene.
    Tbh season one is the best and everything now seems to be just utter lazy writing.
    The characters have no more to give.
    It's the same thing everytime with this show and it doesn't seem to want to add any more depth or space to develop.
    They lock them away in an area for a season and let the ending sort itself out.
    Where has the mystery gone? Its like the passion isn't there anymore.
    Pity as I like the show but I'm preferring fear the walking dead now as its just much more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'd love to have seen more about how it all started and also how other states and countries are coping.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Monife wrote: »
    I'd love to have seen more about how it all started and also how other states and countries are coping.

I was hoping that Fear The Walking Dead would show this, but it really doesn't sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Monife wrote:

Check out Fear The Walking Dead so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

sonofenoch wrote: »
    How big is that town? they starting walking in broad daylight then it got dark and still were in the pretty much the same spot :D

Looking at that map and the pic in the link posted you can see it's quite small, yet in some episodes it seemed to take ages for people to get across the place, and in this one it took a whole day. They left Jessie's house in daylight and by the time they crossed the road it was the middle of the night. That's an annoying feature you find in lots of different shows, as well as the instant transition from daylight to night. 24 used to always do a completely indoors episode in the transition from day to night because obviously they can't film correctly at dusk/twilight as it would take too long if trying to keep the light levels the same when shooting the same scenes over and over. I'd prefer that they just kept this episode in daylight though and not have it transition at all.

I still can't get over the lack of continuity between episode 8 and this one though. That kind of thing really irritates me. Even with all the cool sh1t happening in the episode, a bad start just gets on my nerves all through the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Looking at that map and the pic in the link posted you can see it's quite small, yet in some episodes it seemed to take ages for people to get across the place, and in this one it took a whole day. They left Jessie's house in daylight and by the time they crossed the road it was the middle of the night. That's an annoying feature you find in lots of different shows, as well as the instant transition from daylight to night. 24 used to always do a completely indoors episode in the transition from day to night because obviously they can't film correctly at dusk/twilight as it would take too long if trying to keep the light levels the same when shooting the same scenes over and over. I'd prefer that they just kept this episode in daylight though and not have it transition at all.

I still can't get over the lack of continuity between episode 8 and this one though. That kind of thing really irritates me. Even with all the cool sh1t happening in the episode, a bad start just gets on my nerves all through the episode.

Sunsets early in Georgia in summer, say 8 to 9... So presuming herd got in say mid afternoon, the nighttime is not too big a stretch.

The 'mom' thing was odd...was thinking first u could imagine Sam screaming mom in his head all the time on the walk and it representing that, but as someone said, I think the walkers started to react....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

sabhail wrote: »
    Sunsets early in Georgia in summer, say 8 to 9... So presuming herd got in say mid afternoon, the nighttime is not too big a stretch.

The 'mom' thing was odd...was thinking first u could imagine Sam screaming mom in his head all the time on the walk and it representing that, but as someone said, I think the walkers started to react....

But they aren't in Georgia, they are near Washington D.C.

Advertisement