Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communion Meal

Options
  • 09-02-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any nice suggestions for a Communion meal for about 17 adults and 9 kids?
    I was hoping to go with buffet option in Dunboyne Castle but they want a minimum of 30 adults.

Nothing overly expensive of course :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wetherspoons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Westmonstown or the castleknock golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

If you're looking at Dunboyne then maybe a little bit further like Trim Castle hotel. I hosted our Daughters there and we were left in the restaurant (which was not open for general use) for as long as we wanted afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The restaurant in the Crowne Plaza usually do a deal for Communions and have entertainment on too. The communion child usually goes free also.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

ok thanks all.

Dunboyne is only 5/10mins from us but Trim would be that bit too far but thanks. I'll check out the prices for the other places.

Would Maxmillions in Blanchardstown be nice for such an occasions?? They seem to do a reasonable Sunday lunch menu and price!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Maximillians is good, and they have a section down the back which can be separated from the main restaurant so might be worth asking them. I've seen fairly big groups in there for meals a few times.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Maximillians is good, and they have a section down the back which can be separated from the main restaurant so might be worth asking them. I've seen fairly big groups in there for meals a few times.

Great thanks I might get on to them so.
    thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

+1 for Maximillians, great spot for groups, we have work lunches there regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

amdublin wrote: »
    Wetherspoons

Personally I wouldnt recommend here as they don't do table service. Imagine having to go up to bar ordering for 20 something adults and kids!

Check out Paddocks, Littlepace or Cu chulainn, Ongar on their facebook pages. They both offer private rooms for special events.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

We're first timers at the whole Communion thing, and I'd no idea that venues were being booked as soon as the dates were known in Sept! I've heard there's 4 schools in the area with Communions on the last Saturday in May meaning at this stage options are very limited. Castleknock Hotel and Luttlrestown are among the venues long since booked out and here was me thinking the New Year was plenty early to start with venue options :o

I'm still on the hunt for something myself (not a pub venue) and kicking myself for being such a newb about the whole thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

At home with a caterer?

January wrote: »
    At home with a caterer?

No where even close to enough space at home, we've big families on both his side and mine, so its looking at options outside D15 now.

KGLady wrote: »
    No where even close to enough space at home, we've big families on both his side and mine, so its looking at options outside D15 now.

Is that when yours is KGLady-the last weekend in May? We're the end of April and I think only 25 or so are making their communion so I'm still hopeful to get a place.

I see that the Vue at Castleknock Golf Course have a nice set menu(reasonable) and also Anglers Rest so I'm going to check both of them out and see!

Yes we're last weekend in May, I never thought of Vue - given we are not date overlapping Saggy I will check them out too :)
    Thanks!

Advertisement