Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most useless control panel in the world!

Options
  • 09-02-2016 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

At this point, after being a customer for a number of years I'm at my wits end with your service. Your control panel is a complete mess, it's unreliable, the options are all over the place and even when you change a setting in one area, you evidently have to go and change it in another area for it to actually take affect.

Today probably pissed me off more that I have been in a long while so let me explain the situation...
    • Get text message from my bank about important documents which have been emailed and not actioned.
    • Go to my email and the inbox is empty.
    • Send a test email from another domain I have, it delivers.
    • Send a test email from another address, it doesn't deliver, there's no bounce back.
    • Log on to your CP and all settings seem fine.
    • Type domain in the browser... DNS error. But all DNS settings are ok in the control panel, and the domain was previously running correctly...
    • Get on to support, they inform me that the domain isn't pointed at blacknight... wtf? it says it right there in the DNS setting and as far as I remember the domain has been pointed at blacknight since it was first registered with blacknight, and is all linked up to my blacknight hosting account with all settings reading 'OK'.
    • Support inform me I need to update the DNS to point at the blacknight servers.... They're already pointed at the blacknight servers according to all the settings in the cp... I'm told to just click save again.
    • Do that, now have to wait a few hours for it to get up and running again.
    • All emails, going back as far as I don't know when, seem to be lost forever.

I was informed that some of my test emails that delivered only delivered because I was sending them from another domain which I had with blacknight so they bypassed the DNS screw up.

This, on top of previous issues to do with DNS setting changing by themselves and the fact that the webmail service still falls over itself when you add an attachment leaves me in no other position other that to go looking at what your competitors have to offer.

Comments

Advertisement