Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are Sports Direct Like for Returns?

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I had never used the company before buying the shoes below just before Christmas:

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-tundra-waterproof-mens-walking-shoes-183462?colcode=18346205

I had bought them specifically because they are advertised as waterproof..... but that appears to not be the case. In the light rain we have in Dublin at the moment I have a nicely dry left foot but a rather wet right foot.
    This isn't the first time I noticed it, had the same issue a few weeks ago but said I'd leave it in case I had stepped in a puddle etc but I haven't.

I've filled out the form on their site but what are they actually like for returns? I know it's a case of my word versus their word but I have what I believe to be a faulty product.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

They're no problem for returns. What annoys me is having to pay postage for the returns, so I don't use them any more. They may well have changed their policy since then, but I haven't bothered to look!

Personally I find Karrimore shoes to be of particularly poor quality and wouldn't buy them again after having a pair of walking shoes fall apart after less than 1km walk on Dun Laoghaire Pier and a pair of reef shoes that actually arrived with a strap torn away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Eponymous wrote: »
    They're no problem for returns. What annoys me is having to pay postage for the returns, so I don't use them any more. They may well have changed their policy since then, but I haven't bothered to look!

If the return is because of a faulty product, then the retailer should cover the cost of the postage. They can do this by providing a courier pick-up, a free shipping address or by specifically reimbursing you for the cost of postage.

If the return is due to a change of mind, then it's down to the retailers' returns policy. Some retailers offer free returns, some don't!

Advertisement